ReCom.org
Pre-U/ Undergraduate/ Postgraduate Post your questions on these topics ONLY

All about admission into USM 2011/2012

joyee91 Female
Super Junior Member

#21 Old 17-07-2011 Default Re: All about admission into USM 2011/2012

the usm appeal results is out.. can check through pohon@usm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turkey View Post
I don't think you can reject upu...
Whatever choice that they gave you, that's the university that you got. Just have to accept it...

USM will only consider if you didn't get any place in any university. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
nope.. i got UTM for upu and i got USM for appeal as well.

Last edited by joyee91; 17-07-2011 at 02:32 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
joyee91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Cactus Male

#22 Old 17-07-2011 Default Re: All about admission into USM 2011/2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by joyee91 View Post
the usm appeal results is out.. can check through pohon@usm.

nope.. i got UTM for upu and i got USM for appeal as well.
That's great!
Cactus is offline   Reply With Quote
twin Female
Less Junior Member

#23 Old 17-07-2011 Default Re: All about admission into USM 2011/2012

Just FYI, my friend got into USM Medic this year using Cambridge A Levels! Her application was actually unsucessful, but she appealed and secured a place!

For those who are skeptical of using A Levels to get into IPTA, this is great news!

Add on: She didn't apply UPU (UM, UKM, UPM etc). Only USM. So I don't know if using anything besides Matriks or STPM to get into Medic is possible.

Sign up for StumbleUpon. It randomly loads cool pages of your area of interests!

Shop online? Visit Swimwear Malaysia <3
twin is offline   Reply With Quote
Hoi-Ya-Ee-Ya Male
Less Junior Member

#24 Old 17-07-2011 Default Re: All about admission into USM 2011/2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin View Post
Just FYI, my friend got into USM Medic this year using Cambridge A Levels! Her application was actually unsucessful, but she appealed and secured a place!

For those who are skeptical of using A Levels to get into IPTA, this is great news!

Add on: She didn't apply UPU (UM, UKM, UPM etc). Only USM. So I don't know if using anything besides Matriks or STPM to get into Medic is possible.
Nice.. her results must be brilliant i guess?
Hoi-Ya-Ee-Ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Cactus Male

#25 Old 17-07-2011 Default Re: All about admission into USM 2011/2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin View Post

OMG For real?!
Cactus is offline   Reply With Quote
twin Female
Less Junior Member

#26 Old 17-07-2011 Default Re: All about admission into USM 2011/2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cactus View Post
OMG For real?!
YES. That is NO joke. She is not a friend of a friend, but a good friend.

I guess this beats all rumors that A-levels cannot masuk local U. What made her special was that she TRIED to apply. How many A-levels students even tried to apply despite statements saying that it's impossible?

Add on: She took 3 subs in A-levels and got great results. She's also very good in sports wise.

Sign up for StumbleUpon. It randomly loads cool pages of your area of interests!

Shop online? Visit Swimwear Malaysia <3
twin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to twin For This Useful Post:
dkhoo
Super Junior Member

#27 Old 06-08-2011 Default Re: All about admission into USM 2011/2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by fran28 View Post
stpm and I got chemistry degree.. still contemplating to accept it. I'm actually stronger in maths then chem and I didnt get my maths course. so..

pure chem or applied chem? i m chem sch student oso

Quote:
Originally Posted by fran28 View Post
Anyone with the offer of Bachelor Of Science (Chemistry)? I need help regarding on this degree. Is it a lot of maths involved? Can a student who prefer maths and bio over chem to do this course? I need some insights from those who did chem-related courses before. Thanks
I did this course too. You will be required to take two mathematics paper mainly Algebra and Stastistic. Physical Chemistry courses (a 3 level course) involves mainly 80% on calculations. For Organic Chemistry and Inorganic Chemistry, (also 3 level course) it is mainly understanding and application. For Analytical Chemistry (2 level course), 50% on calculations. You can email me if u have further question about USM or Chem as i seldom logon to this forum. [email address] is my msn address.

Last edited by dkhoo; 06-08-2011 at 02:56 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
dkhoo is offline   Reply With Quote