ReCom.org
Portal Page Forum Wiki Social Groups Scholarship Holders Infobase Site Map About
Go Back   ReCom.org > Forum > ReCom Activities Hub > ReCom Computer Lab

Samsung Galaxy S4 or Note 2 better? Which one should i buy?

muimuicar Male
Super Junior Member

#1 Old 30-05-2013 Default Samsung Galaxy S4 or Note 2 better? Which one should i buy?

I wish to buy a new phone. But wondering which one is better. Samsung S4 or Note 2 good?What is the different between this two?I don't have any special request but just for serve net and take photo and call. Anyone can recommend me?
muimuicar is offline   Reply With Quote
wallmal Female
Super Junior Member

#2 Old 30-05-2013 Default Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 or Note 2 better? Which one should i buy?

Here are the basic festures I find from the google. Maybe can help you.

Samsung Galaxy S IV - Dimension 136.6 mm (5.38 in) H 69.8 mm (2.75 in) W 7.9 mm (0.31 in) D , weight 130 g, Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean , rear camera 13 MP, front 2 MP, removable storage microSD

Samsung Galaxy Note II - Dimension 151.1 mm (5.95 in) H 80.5 mm (3.17 in) W 9.4 mm (0.37 in) , Weight 180g (depends) , Andriod Jelly Bean ,rear camera 8MP
wallmal is offline   Reply With Quote
muimuicar Male
Super Junior Member

#3 Old 30-05-2013 Default Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 or Note 2 better? Which one should i buy?

Wo! The camera got big MP different. I prefer phone camera with big MP. By the way, which telco is offering the best now? There was many telco with many plans outside.
gongzaimee Male
Super Junior Member

#4 Old 30-05-2013 Default Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 or Note 2 better? Which one should i buy?

If you are heavy user I advice you to choose better package that can satisfied you. So far I only see Celcom offer the lowest up front for the phone. Is only RM700 compare others was more then RM1K. But if you always at wifi area or your home got wifi then can choose the cheap package.

http://www.celcom.com.my/devices/sma...-galaxy-s4.php
gongzaimee is offline   Reply With Quote
muimuicar Male
Super Junior Member

#5 Old 30-05-2013 Default Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 or Note 2 better? Which one should i buy?

I think this offer is quite good comapre with other telco. The monthly commitment only RM88 for 5gb data. Somemore the phone only RM1388. Maybe I should consider this Celcom package as well.
melindaL
Less Junior Member

#6 Old 30-05-2013 Default Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 or Note 2 better? Which one should i buy?

s4 becoz its octa core which means the processor is faster

try to consider umobile. the coverage for umobile is nt bad n some ppl said its better than digi.i hv used the data plan before and overall the speed is nt bad

Last edited by melindaL; 30-05-2013 at 07:31 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
melindaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Nicholas92 Male
ReCom Staff
ReMag Writer

#7 Old 30-05-2013 Default Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 or Note 2 better? Which one should i buy?

Why are people so Samsung-centric...

Anyway, don't just look at the Megapixels on a camera, that is NOT a good estimate of how good the camera is. You honestly don't need a camera with that many, cos it's unlikely you'll need such big prints of your pictures. The MORE important things are features like shutter speed, low-light performance, etc. I'm not sure what the differences between the S4 and the Note II are in that respect, so can't help you there. But the S4 will probably be better because it just came out, while the Note II came out this year (and the Note III will probably be unveiled soon too).

As for octo-core versus others, I'd say, you probably won't care. You seem like someone who's just gonna use it as is, for your simple daily stuff. Don't worry about specs. Most of the higher-end phones you buy are gonna be MORE than enough for you. Instead, just buy what feels comfortable in your hand for you. Go to the store and try holding them in your hand, see if you like it.

The MAIN difference between the S4 and the Note II is the size. Both are already quite big, but I think the Note II is a little bigger. If your hands are big, pockets are big and you like a bigger screen, then maybe consider the Note II (or Note III, if you can wait). It's not as high-spec as the S4, BUT I think the battery life is better. It has a bigger battery, but it's screen isn't so much bigger that it sucks more = hence the good battery life.

Of course if you just wanna be hip and get what everyone else wants to get, then go for the S4... although personally I like HTC more. For the amount of money you pay, you still get high specs AND you get good build quality and better materials. Samsung uses cheap plastic, and the phones always feel very cheap when I hold them. But your taste may differ, it's up to you.

IF you want an Android phone that is cheap AND has great specs, I highly highly recommend the Nexus 4. My advice is: don't buy a phone on a mobile plan! Yeah lah, the phone price is cheap, but do the math: the money you pay on the fancy mobile plan is probably quite expensive for a fancy phone, so you end up paying more, plus you are LOCKED into your contract for one or two years. If I were you, I'd just buy the phone direct (the Nexus 4 is cheaper than the HTC or Samsung flagship phones).

It's like RM1,700 retail price? That was when it launched. May be cheaper now. Either way, RM1,700 (or less) for a high-end phone (that also looks nice and feels nice) is a HUGE bargain. Plus it is pure Android, not the ugly interface that Samsung puts on their phones. And a bit easier to learn how to use, too.

That's my advice. Still up to you of course...
Nicholas92 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Nicholas92 For This Useful Post:
vseehua
The Student
Administrator

#8 Old 31-05-2013 Default Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 or Note 2 better? Which one should i buy?

Best is if you go and test drive it yourself. I will recommend the Note 2 if you are on the go a lot, since the much-bigger battery will enable it to last a whole lot longer than the S4. Btw, don't get too sucked into the Octa-core advertising. Only four of the cores will be active at a time, making it behave more like a quad-core phone.

If you want to get the best phone this year, may I suggest that you take a look at the HTC One. It has a speedy, non-laggy software (unlike the S4), and a much more durable body to boot.

If you are not looking to burden yourself with a contract data-plan, I'll strongly suggest the Nexus 4. It's great looking and quite durable despite the glass front and back. It'll receive updates and upgrades directly from Google which helps a lot in keeping up with the features and fixes that Google makes to Android. The bare-bones software ensures that it'll stay fast throughout its life, unlike the bloated mess of Samsung.

It is always good to be naive, for when we cease to be naive, it is the end of life as we know it!

Check out our ReCom wiki!
Do contribute by writing or editing the existing articles so that everyone now and in the future can benefit from it!
vseehua is offline   Reply With Quote