ReCom.org
Portal Page Forum Wiki Social Groups Scholarship Holders Infobase Site Map About
Go Back   ReCom.org > Forum > ReCom Cafe > Education > Scholarships

Scholarships A place to find out about scholarships available for Malaysians

Japanese Government (Monbukagakusho: MEXT) Scholarship for 2011

shuwenteo
Cremated

#1 Old 04-03-2011 Thumbs up Japanese Government (Monbukagakusho: MEXT) Scholarship for 2011

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EbWF8EZFBFw

Last edited by shuwenteo; 06-08-2012 at 07:12 PM.
shuwenteo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to shuwenteo For This Useful Post:
Hoi-Ya-Ee-Ya Male
Less Junior Member

#2 Old 04-03-2011 Default Re: Japanese Government (Monbukagakusho: MEXT) Scholarship for 2011

Is translation required for the certs/result slips?
Hoi-Ya-Ee-Ya is offline   Reply With Quote
cookiefan
Super Junior Member

#3 Old 01-05-2011 Default Re: Japanese Government (Monbukagakusho: MEXT) Scholarship for 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuwenteo View Post
The Embassy of Japan is pleased to announce that the Japanese Government (Monbukagakusho: MEXT) Scholarships for the academic year 2012 is opened for application from 1st March to 1st April 2011.

Malaysian nationals who would like to pursue their studies in Japan are invited to apply for the scholarship. During the term of the scholarship, monthly allowances of approximately 125,000 yen (approx RM4,550) will be given to undergraduate grantee and 152,000 yen (approx RM5,540) to postgraduate grantee (amount subject to change). Fees of the entrance examination, matriculation and tuition at universities will be exempted. A round-trip airplane ticket is also provided.

a) Applicants must be between 17 and 22 years of age of 1st April 2012 (i.e. born between 2nd April 1990 and 1st April 1995)

b) Applicants must have completed SPM or O-Level with at least 11 years of formal education (EXCLUDING REMOVE CLASS). STPM students (lower/upper) and those who will sit for A-Level, UEC, Matriculation or Diploma examination this year may also apply (provided the results will be known by March 2012).

c) Applicants must have good command of English with excellent result in other major subjects.

http://www.my.emb-japan.go.jp/Englis...cholarship.htm
argh,sorry.i didnt notice this thread before starting a new one.im extremely sorry...
cookiefan is offline   Reply With Quote
shinary
Less Junior Member

#4 Old 03-05-2011 Default Re: Japanese Government (Monbukagakusho: MEXT) Scholarship for 2011

Anyone received calling letter?
shinary is offline   Reply With Quote
Hoi-Ya-Ee-Ya Male
Less Junior Member

#5 Old 03-05-2011 Default Re: Japanese Government (Monbukagakusho: MEXT) Scholarship for 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinary View Post
Anyone received calling letter?
Nope.. have you?

Update: Just checked my mailbox.. apparently me and one of my friend got the letter.. the test is on 29th May.. I wonder how in depth are the questions? SPM level or what? It says no calculators allowed, so like Physics questions will be based on theory only?

Btw, what's mathematics B?

Last edited by Hoi-Ya-Ee-Ya; 03-05-2011 at 06:51 PM.
edge_seraph Male
Super Junior Member

#6 Old 03-05-2011 Default Re: Japanese Government (Monbukagakusho: MEXT) Scholarship for 2011

Hey there, got the letter as well. Actually, this is my second time. Flunked the first test last year and now, I gonna give it my best shot and ace this test !! =D

The questions are at STPM level. And, I took Biology instead of Physics, so I can't comment much on that one. However, about Maths A and Maths B, the main difference between them is that Maths B, which is harder, is taken by science students whereas Maths A, the easier one, by social sciences students. Don't worry though, the syllabus for Maths B is almost the same as STPM Pure Maths.

Hope that answer your questions.
edge_seraph is offline   Reply With Quote
zanyzephyr Male
Less Junior Member

#7 Old 03-05-2011 Default Re: Japanese Government (Monbukagakusho: MEXT) Scholarship for 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by edge_seraph View Post
Hey there, got the letter as well. Actually, this is my second time. Flunked the first test last year and now, I gonna give it my best shot and ace this test !! =D

The questions are at STPM level. And, I took Biology instead of Physics, so I can't comment much on that one. However, about Maths A and Maths B, the main difference between them is that Maths B, which is harder, is taken by science students whereas Maths A, the easier one, by social sciences students. Don't worry though, the syllabus for Maths B is almost the same as STPM Pure Maths.

Hope that answer your questions.

Hey hope to see u there this year! I'm like NSB 001 some more XD Definitely sitting WAY infront this year XD
zanyzephyr is offline   Reply With Quote
edge_seraph Male
Super Junior Member

#8 Old 03-05-2011 Default Re: Japanese Government (Monbukagakusho: MEXT) Scholarship for 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by zanyzephyr View Post
Hey hope to see u there this year! I'm like NSB 001 some more XD Definitely sitting WAY infront this year XD
LOL. I am at NSB045. Of course I will be there. What courses did you apply for? And is this your first time taking the test?
edge_seraph is offline   Reply With Quote
Hoi-Ya-Ee-Ya Male
Less Junior Member

#9 Old 03-05-2011 Default Re: Japanese Government (Monbukagakusho: MEXT) Scholarship for 2011

Hmm.. STPM level eh? I thought we're taking it together with SPM graduates?
But if calculator isn't allowed.. i assume the calculations are easier ones? More on theory huh? I mean for maths?

Btw, if I take Japanese language paper and want to leave halfway through the exam, is it permitted? Or must I waste the entire 2 hours.. I mean if I do know a bit Jap and wanna give it a shot instead of leaving from the start.
zanyzephyr Male
Less Junior Member

#10 Old 03-05-2011 Default Re: Japanese Government (Monbukagakusho: MEXT) Scholarship for 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by edge_seraph View Post
LOL. I am at NSB045. Of course I will be there. What courses did you apply for? And is this your first time taking the test?
Went last year. flung my maths definitely, not to mention writing my code number WRONGLY. OMG Feel like dying. last years' chem and bio was like so damn easy summore. I applied medicine, dentistry, pharmacy and agricultural sciences XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoi-Ya-Ee-Ya View Post
Hmm.. STPM level eh? I thought we're taking it together with SPM graduates?
But if calculator isn't allowed.. i assume the calculations are easier ones? More on theory huh? I mean for maths?

Btw, if I take Japanese language paper and want to leave halfway through the exam, is it permitted? Or must I waste the entire 2 hours.. I mean if I do know a bit Jap and wanna give it a shot instead of leaving from the start.
you are allowed to leave earlier. What level is your japanese? Mine is N3

Last edited by zanyzephyr; 03-05-2011 at 10:32 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
zanyzephyr is offline   Reply With Quote