ReCom.org
Jabatan Perkhidmatan Awam (JPA) Scholarships Everything about scholarships provided by the Public Services Department of Malaysia

JPA for STPM leaver?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Hoi-Ya-Ee-Ya Male
Less Junior Member
 
Hoi-Ya-Ee-Ya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 128
  #1 Old 16-07-2011 Default JPA for STPM leaver?

Hi recommers.

I'm currently a private student in Universiti Teknologi Petronas/Petroleum (UTP), self sponsored.

I wonder, is there any JPA scholarships that are available for me?

Where is the PIDN 2 already? Why haven't they opened up the application?
Hoi-Ya-Ee-Ya is offline   Reply With Quote
weixiang Male
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 157
  #2 Old 16-07-2011 Default Re: JPA for STPM leaver?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoi-Ya-Ee-Ya View Post
Hi recommers.

I'm currently a private student in Universiti Teknologi Petronas/Petroleum (UTP), self sponsored.

I wonder, is there any JPA scholarships that are available for me?

Where is the PIDN 2 already? Why haven't they opened up the application?
Usually, application for PIDN will be opened after the intake of new student. So, it'll be around September.
__________________
My personal blog.

Keep yourself updated with latest news here.
weixiang is offline   Reply With Quote
Cactus Male
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 396
  #3 Old 17-07-2011 Default The Elusive STPM Scholarship

So!

I'm an STPM leaver. When I finished my STPM exam, a friend mentioned to me that STPM leaver can apply for JPA Scholarship. I was a bit skeptical, because I thought JPA only offers scholarships to SPM leavers under PILN and PIDN.

(I also heard of the Tajaan Tambahan Ivy League dan Setara "thing", which apparently has been put to halt this year.
http://www.scribd.com/doc/60154088)

Ok, back to STPM Scholarship. So I wasn't aware of (and didn't apply for) this scholarship, until I got a call from JPA a few weeks ago. If you didn't get the call, I'm sorry to tell you that you can't apply for this scholarship. But I'm going to post the scholarship info here for other recommers' use:

JPA STPM Scholarship (year 2011):
http://www.scribd.com/doc/60152496/J...tion-year-2011

JPA STPM Scholarship (sponsored courses)
http://www.scribd.com/doc/60153167/S...to-Be-Uploaded

FAQ
http://www.scribd.com/doc/60153458/Faq-Jpa-Stpm-2011

-----------------------------
Ok, I want to apologize to the thread-starter because this post might not be 100% relevant to your situation, but I believe the lack of transparency is disgusting, so I'm posting up the documents here!
Cactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Hoi-Ya-Ee-Ya Male
Less Junior Member
 
Hoi-Ya-Ee-Ya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 128
  #4 Old 17-07-2011 Default Re: JPA for STPM leaver?

Quote:
Originally Posted by weixiang View Post
Usually, application for PIDN will be opened after the intake of new student. So, it'll be around September.
Is that only for IPTA?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cactus View Post
So!

I'm an STPM leaver. When I finished my STPM exam, a friend mentioned to me that STPM leaver can apply for JPA Scholarship. I was a bit skeptical, because I thought JPA only offers scholarships to SPM leavers under PILN and PIDN.

(I also heard of the Tajaan Tambahan Ivy League dan Setara "thing", which apparently has been put to halt this year.
http://www.scribd.com/doc/60154088)

Ok, back to STPM Scholarship. So I wasn't aware of (and didn't apply for) this scholarship, until I got a call from JPA a few weeks ago. If you didn't get the call, I'm sorry to tell you that you can't apply for this scholarship. But I'm going to post the scholarship info here for other recommers' use:

JPA STPM Scholarship (year 2011):
http://www.scribd.com/doc/60152496/J...tion-year-2011

JPA STPM Scholarship (sponsored courses)
http://www.scribd.com/doc/60153167/S...to-Be-Uploaded

FAQ
http://www.scribd.com/doc/60153458/Faq-Jpa-Stpm-2011

-----------------------------
Ok, I want to apologize to the thread-starter because this post might not be 100% relevant to your situation, but I believe the lack of transparency is disgusting, so I'm posting up the documents here!
I heard the calls are for "Tajaan Pelajar Cemerlang" or something like that whilst there is another for Program Ijazah Pertama or something like that..

So i wonder if the 2nd one exist and if i can apply for it.

Last edited by Hoi-Ya-Ee-Ya; 17-07-2011 at 02:17 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Hoi-Ya-Ee-Ya is offline   Reply With Quote
weixiang Male
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 157
  #5 Old 17-07-2011 Default Re: JPA for STPM leaver?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoi-Ya-Ee-Ya View Post
Is that only for IPTA?
JPA PIDN is for all 20 IPTAs, MMU, UTP and UNITEN only.
__________________
My personal blog.

Keep yourself updated with latest news here.
weixiang is offline   Reply With Quote
Hoi-Ya-Ee-Ya Male
Less Junior Member
 
Hoi-Ya-Ee-Ya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 128
  #6 Old 17-07-2011 Default Re: JPA for STPM leaver?

Quote:
Originally Posted by weixiang View Post
JPA PIDN is for all 20 IPTAs, MMU, UTP and UNITEN only.
Yeah.. I'm in UTP but May 2011 intake eh..

I have to wait until September?
Why can't i find any official news on the JPA website.. :/
Hoi-Ya-Ee-Ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Cactus Male
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 396
  #7 Old 17-07-2011 Default Re: JPA for STPM leaver?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoi-Ya-Ee-Ya View Post
Yeah.. I'm in UTP but May 2011 intake eh..

I have to wait until September?
Why can't i find any official news on the JPA website.. :/
Because they don't bother.
Cactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Penelope Female
Super Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 17
  #8 Old 18-07-2011 Default Re: JPA for STPM leaver?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cactus View Post
Because they don't bother.
JPA did bother to put it up at Esila. Closing date was 24/6/2011. Those who did bother to periodically check e-sila would know about this.

Last edited by Penelope; 18-07-2011 at 12:37 PM.
Penelope is offline   Reply With Quote
Hoi-Ya-Ee-Ya Male
Less Junior Member
 
Hoi-Ya-Ee-Ya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 128
  #9 Old 18-07-2011 Default Re: JPA for STPM leaver?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penelope View Post
JPA did bother to put it up at Esila. Closing date was 24/6/2011. Those who did bother to periodically check e-sila would know about this.
I'm certain that was for SPM leavers.

I emailed them btw, they said it'll be out in around august..
Hoi-Ya-Ee-Ya is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Hoi-Ya-Ee-Ya For This Useful Post:
Cactus Male
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 396
  #10 Old 18-07-2011 Default Re: JPA for STPM leaver?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penelope View Post
JPA did bother to put it up at Esila. Closing date was 24/6/2011. Those who did bother to periodically check e-sila would know about this.
Quote:
I'm certain that was for SPM leavers.

I emailed them btw, they said it'll be out in around august..
HAHAHA!!
Cactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Info: Scholarship available now for spm leaver Shermaine Rules, News and Info Kiosk 19 31-05-2011 09:07 PM
UPU 2009/2010 STPM-leaver IPTA Application Results celestial_sacred Pre-U/ Undergraduate/ Postgraduate 158 11-04-2010 09:01 PM
SCHOLARSHIPS 2006 for fresh SPM leaver crapzzz Education 1 07-02-2006 08:01 AM
SPM leaver neol Education 0 14-03-2005 12:13 AM


All times are GMT +8. The time now is 02:04 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

ReCom stands for Reborn Community. It has no affiliation with other organizations that may share the same name. The views expressed in this website solely represent the authors point of view and do not necessarily reflect the views of ReCom Anchors and other ReCom users.


 

Page generated in 0.10618 seconds with 15 queries