ReCom.org
Every Little Thing About Medicine Discussion for Doctors, Pharmacists, Potential Doctors, Patients and also Nurse :on Everything about Medicine!

Homeopathy!!! lets discuss about it here

tomatoz
Super Junior Member

#1 Old 13-01-2006 Default Homeopathy!!! lets discuss about it here

dear all

is there any homeopathician in this forum??
i have a rather vague idea about it! are they consider doctor?
tomatoz is offline   Reply With Quote
nemosmknimh Female
Slightly Senior Member

#2 Old 17-05-2009 Default Re: Homeopathy!!! lets discuss about it here

what i heard that homeopathy isnt categorised as medicine as it does not contains any drugs...
tha's what i heard
my dad's friend did asked me to do research about how homeopathy works
since a hameopathician seems like can scan our body's health just by looking at specific place(like my homeopathician only looks at hands and can tell how healthy am i)
plus homeopathy meds work sometimes better than normal meds also...
(i have been relying on homeopathy since im a child)
prove??my brother once had a bad tonsil and doctor suggested to remove it.
then my parents bring him to homeopathy and after eating homeopathy as prscribed,my brother's tonsil cured...
ReCom Addict
Administrator

#3 Old 17-05-2009 Default Re: Homeopathy!!! lets discuss about it here

Homeopathy works like this: You put a substance in the water. Then, you take an aliquot out of the original solution, and then dilute it further. Then you take an aliquot of the diluted version, then dilute it again. Repeat the same process many many times. In the end, the super-diluted version of the substance is the homeopathy remedy. It is essentially water that you are buying. It is claimed that the water contains "memory" of the original substance, and it's the memory that carries the remedial power.

Homeopathy has never been shown to be effective in any sort of scientific studies. While it's no harm trying it as a last resort, I wouldn't recommend using it as a primary means of treatment. You would be putting your health at risk if you use homeopathy for any serious disease.

Check out our ReCom wiki!
Do contribute by writing or editing the existing articles so that everyone now and in the future can benefit from it!
youngyew is offline   Reply With Quote
nemosmknimh Female
Slightly Senior Member

#4 Old 17-05-2009 Default Re: Homeopathy!!! lets discuss about it here

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngyew View Post
Homeopathy works like this: You put a substance in the water. Then, you take an aliquot out of the original solution, and then dilute it further. Then you take an aliquot of the diluted version, then dilute it again. Repeat the same process many many times. In the end, the super-diluted version of the substance is the homeopathy remedy. It is essentially water that you are buying. It is claimed that the water contains "memory" of the original substance, and it's the memory that carries the remedial power.

Homeopathy has never been shown to be effective in any sort of scientific studies. While it's no harm trying it as a last resort, I wouldn't recommend using it as a primary means of treatment. You would be putting your health at risk if you use homeopathy for any serious disease.

yeah as homeopathician also would ask you to to consult doctors if the diseases is serious but homeopathy also can be sub-med which maybe helps to cure from the inside since nowadays,many people also had trust homeopathician as might not all but the homeopathy meds can cure also.
Less Junior Member

#5 Old 17-05-2009 Default Re: Homeopathy!!! lets discuss about it here

Based on a cursory glance at the wiki, aren't homeopaths basically con artists? I mean, they dispense cures with concentrations that are way too low to be of any use, and claim the credit for curing someone, when it might have just been due to the placebo effect.
Koschei is offline   Reply With Quote
youngyew Male
ReCom Addict
Administrator

#6 Old 17-05-2009 Default Re: Homeopathy!!! lets discuss about it here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koschei View Post
Based on a cursory glance at the wiki, aren't homeopaths basically con artists? I mean, they dispense cures with concentrations that are way too low to be of any use, and claim the credit for curing someone, when it might have just been due to the placebo effect.
This seems to be the consensus amongst the medical / scientific community, and hence the general advice against seeking homeopathy as the primary healthcare. Again, if you are diagnosed with terminal stage cancer and has no hope of cure in conventional medicine, then there's probably no harm drinking some water from your local homeopathy wishing that it would *probably* work. However, if you listen to some of the irresponsible homeopathics and favour homeopathy over conventional medicine in things like infection and systemic diseases, or you avoid scientifically proven vaccines because "homeopathy remedies work the same", then you are jeopardising yourself and your beloved ones.

Do contribute by writing or editing the existing articles so that everyone now and in the future can benefit from it!
Young Male
ReCom Staff
ReMag Writer

#7 Old 05-01-2011 Default Re: Homeopathy!!! lets discuss about it here

This is an old thread but I believe a revival is in order.

The Malaysian public has shown renewed interest in homeopathy. Everywhere I go, I see new homeopathy practices springing up, with some situated next to conventional clinics and pharmacies. The practitioners styled themselves as doctors and I found this to be strange because I was under the impression that the Dr. honorific is regulated by law. Funnily enough, these clinics are not like the usual run-down traditional medicine shop houses; they seem appropriately furnished and professionally laid out. To cap it off, there are throngs of people waiting to be attended to, perhaps even more so than regular clinics!

It is slightly unnerving to know that people are willing to spend money on a therapy that involves nothing more than a few sprinkles of water and kind words, one that has less scientific backing that accupuncture or Chinese medicine.
youngyew Male
ReCom Addict
Administrator

#8 Old 05-01-2011 Default Re: Homeopathy!!! lets discuss about it here

A thread on homeopathy would not be complete without this classic sketch by Mitchell and Webb:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMGIbOGu8q0

Young Male
ReCom Staff
ReMag Writer

#9 Old 05-01-2011 Default Re: Homeopathy!!! lets discuss about it here

I've seen that! So much lols in one video!
Slightly Senior Member

#10 Old 06-01-2011 Default Re: Homeopathy!!! lets discuss about it here

Wolfsbane and thyme are known as common cures to a variety of maladies....