ReCom.org
Portal Page Forum Wiki Social Groups Scholarship Holders Infobase Site Map About
Go Back   ReCom.org > Forum > Social Group Forums > Perakians

Perakians Click here to visit this social group

Perak, A Great State in M'sia.

DoomScythe

#21 Old 10-01-2009 Default Re: Perak,A Great State in M'sia.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Myth View Post
I think Ipoh girls are pretty in their nature.There is a theory stating that the 'production' of pretty girls in Ipoh is caused by the unique water that Ipoh have,as the water is originated from mountains(as mentioned before,Ipoh is surrounded by mountains).If it's true,I wonder why Ipoh is not famous for pretty boys then.

And now Ipoh have the largest Tesco in M'sia.It has just opened 4 business,not long ago.Quite a special Tesco,I would say.It has food court,children playing ground,shops,K box(if I'm not mistaken) and then the huge Tesco of course...Kinda like IoI mall...Anyone been there before?
Actually, I think it has more to do with the origin of the Ipoh people. The people of Ipoh originate from a part of China that is quite well known for its pretty girls. (I know this sound a bit of a racist, but it's true). I can't remember the exact location, but I had a discussion with some Chinese friends (from China) before to name me certain provinces that are well known for its pretty girls, and I remember Ipoh seems to have its roots from there.

Oh, and if you're wondering, no - I'm not from Ipoh.

This is what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object.
A life with love will have some thorns, but a life without love will have no roses.
There are two ways of meeting difficulties; you alter the difficulties or you alter yourself to meet them.
DoomScythe is offline   Reply With Quote
henry_yew Male
The Iron Boot
ReMag Writer
Forum Moderator

#22 Old 11-01-2009 Default Re: Perak,A Great State in M'sia.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomScythe View Post
Actually, I think it has more to do with the origin of the Ipoh people. The people of Ipoh originate from a part of China that is quite well known for its pretty girls. (I know this sound a bit of a racist, but it's true). I can't remember the exact location, but I had a discussion with some Chinese friends (from China) before to name me certain provinces that are well known for its pretty girls, and I remember Ipoh seems to have its roots from there.

Oh, and if you're wondering, no - I'm not from Ipoh.
Hmm... I was told that Hangzhou is famous for pretty girls, but then Hangzhou is nowhere near the province of Guangdong, where most of our ancestors in Malaysia come from.

#23 Old 14-01-2009 Default Re: Perak,A Great State in M'sia.

Quote:
Originally Posted by henry_yew View Post
Hmm... I was told that Hangzhou is famous for pretty girls, but then Hangzhou is nowhere near the province of Guangdong, where most of our ancestors in Malaysia come from.
Yeah, Hangzhou is the famous one. But there are other provinces as well. My response was exactly like yours when I was told.

A life with love will have some thorns, but a life without love will have no roses.
There are two ways of meeting difficulties; you alter the difficulties or you alter yourself to meet them.
henry_yew Male
The Iron Boot
ReMag Writer
Forum Moderator

#24 Old 14-01-2009 Default Re: Perak,A Great State in M'sia.

Oh, by the way, when I went to Hangzhou in December 2003, I was disappointed because there weren't any beautiful girls... well, I don't think they were that beautiful. Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder, eh?
Super Moderator
Forum Moderator

#25 Old 14-01-2009 Default Re: Perak,A Great State in M'sia.

Hangzhou has been famous for beauties for more than 1000 years, perhaps the perception of beauty in ancient China isn't the same as present... I've seen some photos of concubines of emperor of late Ching Dynasty, they're pretty much disappointing to me... They didn't look as good as what we see in show...

By the way I've read of an article last time in newspaper regarding some studies on the pretty girls of Ipoh, and it's given that water of Ipoh is probably one of the reasons. However I'm not sure how far is this true...

Miracles happen everyday

Last edited by Miracle_seed; 14-01-2009 at 12:54 AM.
Miracle_seed is offline   Reply With Quote
DoomScythe

#26 Old 17-01-2009 Default Re: Perak,A Great State in M'sia.

Quote:
Oh, by the way, when I went to Hangzhou in December 2003, I was disappointed because there weren't any beautiful girls... well, I don't think they were that beautiful. Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder, eh?
Lol....... There was even a time in China where well-endowed women are considered beautiful and desirable, a complete contrast to our current lidi formula for beauty. XD

henry_yew Male
The Iron Boot
ReMag Writer
Forum Moderator

#27 Old 20-01-2009 Default Re: Perak,A Great State in M'sia.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miracle_seed View Post
By the way I've read of an article last time in newspaper regarding some studies on the pretty girls of Ipoh, and it's given that water of Ipoh is probably one of the reasons. However I'm not sure how far is this true...
Water? Then how come there is no mention of Ipoh producing extraordinarily handsome guys? XD

#28 Old 20-01-2009 Default Re: Perak,A Great State in M'sia.

Quote:
Water? Then how come there is no mention of Ipoh producing extraordinarily handsome guys? XD
Lmao.... Shhhh... Don't talk so loud, there might be some Ipoh guys lurking around here.

henry_yew Male
The Iron Boot
ReMag Writer
Forum Moderator

#29 Old 20-01-2009 Default Re: Perak,A Great State in M'sia.

I AM an Ipoh guy! LMAO!
Super Moderator
Forum Moderator

#30 Old 20-01-2009 Default Re: Perak,A Great State in M'sia.

Quote:
Perhaps there are, just people tend to pay more attention to pretty girls over handsome guys

Miracles happen everyday
Miracle_seed is offline   Reply With Quote