ReCom.org
SPM & STPM Post questions on SPM and STPM topics ONLY.

Why Is STPM hard?

View Poll Results: STPM
STPM 1 33.33%
STPM 2 66.67%
Voters: 3. You may not vote on this poll

teenjay Male
Super Junior Member

#91 Old 20-09-2009 Default Re: Why Is STPM hard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnivan View Post

I think STPM is hard because:
1. It's time-span. We are studying a 2-year syllabus in 1.5 years. Getting into these detail stuff (especially in Bio, Chem Maths & Phy) requires a lot of time to understand and digest...

if u say STPM is finish 2 year syllabus in 1.5 years then i will say in university is finish stpm syllabus in 4 month, stpm giv u mentally prepare in uni, dun be afraid. In the past, I enjoyed 1 year of form 6 life and another half year of study, pls dun think STPM hard, it is hard but not as hard as u all think. Like some of u say, oli students who noway to go end up in stpm, make stpm seem to be very less ppl getting 4.00 . wat i know is many form 6 student too enjoyed their form 6 life.
teenjay is offline   Reply With Quote
lawteoh Male

#92 Old 23-09-2009 Default Re: Why Is STPM hard?

Agree with teenjay, and if you think STPM is hard, think about Hwa Chong Junior College A levels standard in Singapore. (for your info, Hwa Chong is one of the top junior college in Singapore, and their paper is more difficult compare to uni exam first year) .. at least that's what my Singapore friend said after we sat for our first bio exam in uni..

And in uni, yeah, 1.5 years of studies will be compressed into one sem.. and if you don't have any background in any subject which u take in uni, it will be tough to catch up seeing the speed here is like 'bullet train'
lawteoh is offline   Reply With Quote
subzero0c
Less Junior Member

#93 Old 04-10-2009 Default Re: Why Is STPM hard?

Bro..Uni study finish can throw already
STPM is collection of studies in 1.5 years!
Super Junior Member

#94 Old 23-10-2009 Default Re: Why Is STPM hard?

your results same with me.finally i study form 6 as the last choice.STPM is the second hardest exam in the world.As form 6 students , we must empower ourself with numerous knowledge. STPM is totally different from SPM,we must try to adjust our studying skills for SPM to STPM and STPM is hard as its marking scheme is strict and so on........
Aced is offline   Reply With Quote
Eurytos Male

#95 Old 24-10-2009 Default Re: Why Is STPM hard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aced View Post
your results same with me.finally i study form 6 as the last choice.STPM is the second hardest exam in the world.As form 6 students , we must empower ourself with numerous knowledge. STPM is totally different from SPM,we must try to adjust our studying skills for SPM to STPM and STPM is hard as its marking scheme is strict and so on........
I used to be an STPM candidate myself, but I find the claim it's the second hardest exam in the world completely baseless. In my knowledge there is no list that ranks STPM as one of the most difficult pre-university courses across the globe. Then again, perhaps i might be wrong and you can enlighten all of us

Anyway good luck for all STPM candidates out there!
Young Male
ReCom Staff
ReMag Writer

#96 Old 24-10-2009 Default Re: Why Is STPM hard?

In my humble opinion, people like to exaggerate ordeals intimate to them.

STPM students derive pleasure from claiming that they're doing the X hardest exam in the world the same way medical students say their course is the most stressful, engineering students touting that they suffer from the hardest maths/physics, law students saying they read the most, etc.

It's all done to achieve some form of personal gratification; to stroke our own ego and to convince ourselves that we're heck special because of what we're doing.

Yes, I do not deny that STPM is very hard but without an empirical study on the difficulty of exams worldwide, all the claims about STPM being the X hardest in the world should really be disregarded.
Super Junior Member

#97 Old 31-10-2009 Post Stpm?

i was goin' to choose Form 6 as my best.but many's say that STPM was hard,it's true? how if i get A in my additional mathematics(SPM),it's still goin' to hard? pls answr
hadis is offline   Reply With Quote
Critical Male
Super Junior Member

#98 Old 03-11-2009 Default Re: Stpm?

You must understand that you excel in SPM doesnt mean that you can excel in STPM, many 11A's or above spm top students screwed their stpm, while the so-so students that are not so good in spm level get better stpm result.
Because spm level isn't equivalent to stpm level, there is a big gap at the beginning when you just study in lower sixth, some can cope up, but many of them are struggling, because they are not aware of the precious time.

It's the matter of altitude, mentality and time management.
Critical is offline   Reply With Quote
Miracle_seed
Super Moderator
Forum Moderator

#99 Old 03-11-2009 Default Re: Why Is STPM hard?

Thread "Stpm?" merged into the existing thread.

Miracles happen everyday
Miracle_seed is offline   Reply With Quote
freakyz Male
Super Junior Member

#100 Old 04-11-2009 Default Re: Why Is STPM hard?

Critical is right. Some of them think once they excel in SPM, they will still excel in STPM. Hence, they just play all the way and study last minute like their previous government exam hoping to score it. So-so students scored in STPM because they are very determined and diligent to do it. If you're very hardworking and manage your time very well, it's unlikely that you will flunk the papers unless you constipate during your exam. XD Anyway, there's no rule saying that only so-so result in SPM will score while good one will not score. It's only matter whether you put sufficient effort to it or not. Time management in exam is also vital.
freakyz is offline   Reply With Quote