ReCom.org
SPM & STPM Post questions on SPM and STPM topics ONLY.

Why Is STPM hard?

View Poll Results: STPM
STPM 1 33.33%
STPM 2 66.67%
Voters: 3. You may not vote on this poll

SapphireDragon Male
ReCom Staff
ReMag Writer

#11 Old 19-04-2009 Default Re: Why Is STPM hard?

So all and all, which is better: Matriculation, STPM or A-levels?

By the way, check out my blog I had mentioned 4748395677 times that self-promotion of blog is not allowed ~ Xon

Last edited by Xon; 19-04-2009 at 10:28 PM.
SapphireDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
kid Male

#12 Old 19-04-2009 Default Re: Why Is STPM hard?

here's my opinion (under d assumption u will have good result in the pre-u program);

matriculation- easiest among the three, but aproved by local u only (d courses probably very limited..),
stpm-hard, but then you can choose where 2 study, local or ove c,
a level-hard and expensive, but well recognised and you can enter almost any uni ove c..

if u ask me, alevel first, stpm second, matrik laz... hrm...

well, i have a question 2, which is better? doing diploma in local u or matriks? since lot of my fwen said course 4 matriks is limited..

Last edited by kid; 19-04-2009 at 09:53 PM.
kid is offline   Reply With Quote
SapphireDragon Male
ReCom Staff
ReMag Writer

#13 Old 19-04-2009 Default Re: Why Is STPM hard?

Good point u got there. A levels the best but u need the $$$$$$. Not like STPM and matriks free!!
yanno_yamster Female
ReCom Staff
Wiki Contributor

#14 Old 19-04-2009 Default Re: Why Is STPM hard?

Matric is for those intending to study locally while STPM is pretty well recognised overseas and thus the options are wider. A-level is pretty much the same as STPM I guess... Not too sure about that...

Taken from SapphireDragon's Blog:
"Before I end this article, I want to share something with you all. As I passed by my mum's school where she is a teacher, I saw the most beautiful sight I could ever hope for. A Malay girl running with adorable chuckles chased by an Indian and a Chinese girl who were laughing so happily, oblivious to the outside world without any worries whatsoever. They were playing a game of chasing, just like when I was young a long time ago. Immediately, the barriers of my emotions broke down and tears flew down my cheeks. You don't need a PhD in Psychology to know why I cried. Even a 17 year old like me understands that."

And I thought such Malaysians are a dying (if not already dead) breed.

May you be well and happy!!! :)
yanno_yamster is offline   Reply With Quote
SapphireDragon Male
ReCom Staff
ReMag Writer

#15 Old 19-04-2009 Default Re: Why Is STPM hard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by yanno_yamster View Post
Matric is for those intending to study locally while STPM is pretty well recognised overseas and thus the options are wider. A-level is pretty much the same as STPM I guess... Not too sure about that...

Taken from SapphireDragon's Blog:
"Before I end this article, I want to share something with you all. As I passed by my mum's school where she is a teacher, I saw the most beautiful sight I could ever hope for. A Malay girl running with adorable chuckles chased by an Indian and a Chinese girl who were laughing so happily, oblivious to the outside world without any worries whatsoever. They were playing a game of chasing, just like when I was young a long time ago. Immediately, the barriers of my emotions broke down and tears flew down my cheeks. You don't need a PhD in Psychology to know why I cried. Even a 17 year old like me understands that."

And I thought such Malaysians are a dying (if not already dead) breed.
Hey if u flip through The Star papers 16 April Thrsday at the opinion section, you'll find the same article. Its from me!!!I emailed to them
yanno_yamster Female
ReCom Staff
Wiki Contributor

#16 Old 19-04-2009 Default Re: Why Is STPM hard?

Currently I only subscribe to New Straits Times... Too bad... But who knows I might be able to see that article of yours somewhere someday (as nasi lemak wrapping maybe, jk).

May you be well and happy!!! :)
yanno_yamster is offline   Reply With Quote
angina
Super Junior Member

#17 Old 19-04-2009 Default Re: Why Is STPM hard?

Hard part: Dont study the way, we used to study for SPM. It won't work. from Don...

i think this is much true...we no need to bother wheter it is the hardest exam in this world...but try our best....the most important is change the atitude of study in spm...during spm i used to be easy on going...just try to complete all the exercise given...but in stpm it wont work this way....you have to take some time to think about the concept...find the extra exercise to enhance your understanding of the underlying concept....forming a study group...but most importantly having a good teacher who are always concerned about his or her student....it take me about half year to change my learning atitude....haha...spm result easily deceive our mind that we are a quick learner!!!
angina is offline   Reply With Quote
nicodemus

#18 Old 21-04-2009 Default Re: Why Is STPM hard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by angina View Post
Hard part: Dont study the way, we used to study for SPM. It won't work. from Don...

i think this is much true...we no need to bother wheter it is the hardest exam in this world...but try our best....the most important is change the atitude of study in spm...during spm i used to be easy on going...just try to complete all the exercise given...but in stpm it wont work this way....you have to take some time to think about the concept...find the extra exercise to enhance your understanding of the underlying concept....forming a study group...but most importantly having a good teacher who are always concerned about his or her student....it take me about half year to change my learning atitude....haha...spm result easily deceive our mind that we are a quick learner!!!
I certainly agree with angina here... STPM & SPM is 2 totally different worlds altogether. Your SPM style just won't work in STPM years.

My advice to those who are going to form Six is...

1. Do a lot of exercises. And I mean really a lot... Get many revision books or question papers and try to solve as many questions as possible. This is especially useful for Maths and PA.

2. For each and every topic, there's a core concept that you need to fully understand beforehand. Grasp the concept first. Memorising them is useless. If you understand the concept, then you're halfway there in remembering the thing you studied.

Good luck and all the best!!
nicodemus is offline   Reply With Quote
sugarspice Female
Slightly Senior Member

#19 Old 21-04-2009 Default Re: Why Is STPM hard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SapphireDragon View Post
Hey if u flip through The Star papers 16 April Thrsday at the opinion section, you'll find the same article. Its from me!!!I emailed to them
no wonder it looked so familiar! Ha!

Another important thing for those who wanna take STPM - you need to study consistently. Last minute revision won;t work.
sugarspice is offline   Reply With Quote
Xyi
Super Junior Member

#20 Old 22-04-2009 Default Re: Why Is STPM hard?

OMG i think i'm going to form 6 since that i didn't get matric or jpa. Haiz, what i heard about the discouragement of studying form 6 is that stpm student hardly can get their preferable course in local uni, even if he or she got cgpa of 4.0. That's really frustrating. I need to know whether it is a fact, For any 6 former, can i know why you consider studying form 6 indeed of other route like A-level, SAM, matriculation yada yada yada.
Xyi is offline   Reply With Quote