ReCom.org
SPM & STPM Post questions on SPM and STPM topics ONLY.

Why Is STPM hard?

View Poll Results: STPM
STPM 1 33.33%
STPM 2 66.67%
Voters: 3. You may not vote on this poll

sugarspice Female
Slightly Senior Member

#61 Old 14-05-2009 Default Re: Why Is STPM hard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by anbbly View Post
i m nt aiming foe local u..otherwise i wil go matric ..
i wish to go overseas..
yup..so if i take 4 subjects then i hav to pay for d 4th subject..
including all living expenses i need to pay 15000++(quite a burden 4 my family..)
somehow i heard my fren said tat INTI lecturers nt really gd..(his senior jus finished his a lvl there)
Fork out RM30k, go Taylors do A level. It's worth it, I assure you. Taylors is definitely better than iNTI. It's more competitive over there, as they have ranking , sth like form positions, so you know where you stand - iNTI doesnt have this. Besides, Taylors sends armies of students to Oxbridge every year. The girl going to Harvard this year is also from Taylors.

Last edited by sugarspice; 14-05-2009 at 05:46 AM.
sugarspice is offline   Reply With Quote
Trekk Male

#62 Old 14-05-2009 Default Re: Why Is STPM hard?

Agree with sugarspice
Trekk is offline   Reply With Quote
Eurytos Male

#63 Old 14-05-2009 Default Re: Why Is STPM hard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarspice View Post
Fork out RM30k, go Taylors do A level. It's worth it, I assure you. Taylors is definitely better than iNTI. It's more competitive over there, as they have ranking , sth like form positions, so you know where you stand - iNTI doesnt have this. Besides, Taylors sends armies of students to Oxbridge every year. The girl going to Harvard this year is also from Taylors.
Taylor's college is renowned in producing world class students in pre-university level. If you have the extra cash, do consider Taylor's college as an option. If you don't have the extra cash, the only option you can consider is probably STPM : )
Less Junior Member

#64 Old 16-05-2009 Default Re: Why Is STPM hard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnivan View Post
Hi Hoi-Ya-Ee-Ya... I like your name, it sounds like Tarzan...

You can check out my post "STPM Further Mathematics T 2009" for further details. Don't be scared by it...
haha xD and thanks for the info

---

and gosh i just knew that form 6 class isn't starting yet. i'm informed that it'll start in june.. i'm bored :/
Hoi-Ya-Ee-Ya is offline   Reply With Quote
anbbly Female
Less Junior Member

#65 Old 23-05-2009 Default Re: Why Is STPM hard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eurytos View Post
Taylor's college is renowned in producing world class students in pre-university level. If you have the extra cash, do consider Taylor's college as an option. If you don't have the extra cash, the only option you can consider is probably STPM : )
yup..so i m doing STPM now..less one A1 to gt it full scholarship..sobb..
how valuable is tat few marks..
anyway~i quite satisfy v my F6 life by now..
anbbly is offline   Reply With Quote
sugarspice Female
Slightly Senior Member

#66 Old 24-05-2009 Default Re: Why Is STPM hard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by anbbly View Post
yup..so i m doing STPM now..less one A1 to gt it full scholarship..sobb..
how valuable is tat few marks..
anyway~i quite satisfy v my F6 life by now..
partial scholarship is better than nothing. Anyway it's too late to apply for any scholarship now. Yes, enjoy your form6, like what I am doing. =)
sugarspice is offline   Reply With Quote
jaybee-hui
Super Junior Member

#67 Old 01-06-2009 Default Re: Why Is STPM hard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicodemus View Post
Hi Hoi-Ya-Ee-Ya...

I'm a STPM leaver too, batch 2007, from Kedah...
Well, I think that STPM is the best thing that had ever happened in my life. The life in lower & upper six was my best schooling days so far... =D

STPM is the 3rd hardest examination in the world, and I think it still holds now. [WOW, Malaysia certainly have some high standards... ]
And basically, with a STPM degree, you can go everywhere with it. Just name it, Japan, Korea, Australia, US, UK, etc... (although some unis you need to check their special rerquirements)

The marking is kind of strict but if you put in a lot effort, then it's not that difficult to score... The syllabus I think is quite in depth and detailed, but I certainly learned a lot from it. But still, what we learn in STPM is still the tip of the iceberg of the vast knowledge waiting for you to explore... =D

Generally in Science stream, one needs to take 4 subjects with General Paper (Pengajian AM), Chemistry and Maths T a must. You can either choose Physics or Biology. If you want to take extra optional subjects, it depends what are you interested to do later in your life. For Science students, I recommend taking Further Maths. (*regret* *regret* I should have taken up FM... I drop it because I can't find any tutor in my area to guide me) Or if you want like both Physics and Biology, you can take both of them.

Well, that's all I wanted to tell you. If you have any queries, you can post them here. I'll be glad to reply them. =D

My advice is, go for it! STPM will be the next best thing in your life. I'm proud to say that I'm an ex-form sixer...
Form Six RULEZ!!!

yaya...many said stpm is the ?? toughest exam in the world..but then where v get de facts? hw to know that...
thanks for giving encourage for us- as f6 student
jaybee-hui is offline   Reply With Quote
youngyew Male
ReCom Addict
Administrator

#68 Old 01-06-2009 Default Re: Why Is STPM hard?

Though it's been touted as the third hardest in the world for a long time, I have never seen an official verification of this claim.

Check out our ReCom wiki!
Do contribute by writing or editing the existing articles so that everyone now and in the future can benefit from it!
youngyew is offline   Reply With Quote
Glassylicious Female
The Iron Fist
Chief Editor of ReMag
Administrator

#69 Old 01-06-2009 Default Re: Why Is STPM hard?

"Third hardest in the world"? I'm guessing most people got it from the Wikipedia page of STPM [I recall reading it there], but I would like to point out that the claim has long been removed from the said Wikipedia article.

Friend: "I've discovered something that's even better than sitting on a chair and spinning on it -- sitting on a chair BACKWARDS and spinning on it!" *spins around in glee*

Compliment yourself today!
Glassylicious is offline   Reply With Quote
youngyew Male
ReCom Addict
Administrator

#70 Old 01-06-2009 Default Re: Why Is STPM hard?

But I have heard of that claim long before wikipedia became popular.

Check out our ReCom wiki!
Do contribute by writing or editing the existing articles so that everyone now and in the future can benefit from it!
youngyew is offline   Reply With Quote