ReCom.org
SPM & STPM Post questions on SPM and STPM topics ONLY.

Why Is STPM hard?

View Poll Results: STPM
STPM 1 33.33%
STPM 2 66.67%
Voters: 3. You may not vote on this poll

rightthru Male
Super Junior Member

#81 Old 05-08-2009 Default Re: Why Is STPM hard?

jumping onto the bandwagon, stpm is hard because it is the only pride that a small nation like our country has, we suck in sport, suck in almost everything except education, so let us smile and raise our humble heads and show the world that we are not tiny as they think

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoi-Ya-Ee-Ya View Post
Hello fellow forummers, i'm new to recom

So i'm left with 2 options : form 6 / upu. (I think most likely upu would reject me too). As i'm now more convinced to going form 6, i've been bothered about people saying that stpm is hard, stpm is hard.. So, i want to know, why is stpm hard? is it because the syllabus is vast? or is it because the examination marking system is strict?

Thanks in advance!
yes, me too, people keep telling me that "stpm is the long and never ending 18 months of hell, it's worse than prison and swine flu A/H1N1 combine"
and frankly i agree with that, it's hell alright
so you want to know, why is stpm hard? is it because the syllabus is vast? or is it because the examination marking system is strict?

both, actually, again, after all, stpm is the pride of our nation, so the standard is extremely high, over the years, it has been getting tougher as though it wasnt tough enough for us, the standard keep rising and the bar keeps elevating, why?
simple, because the government is doing their "job" trying to ensure our students are very good, trying to "melahirkan modal insan yang bermutu untuk masa depan negara" and pemuda like us who are going to "mengambil alih tampuk kepimpinan negara" cannot be too crabby and finally to "merealisasikan wawasan negara untuk menjadi negara maju menjelang tahun 2020" and to melahirkan more "angkasawan negara seperti dr. shukor pada masa akan datang"

the fact that all those people in the government, all the ministers earning more than c.ronaldo( mostly makan suap and duit kopi 0) doing the best trying to serve the rakyat and blah blah blah didnt actually take those exams before, so they dont really know how tough is it for us and it seems like the best strategy ever----trying to make stpm so tough for covering all the syllabus that is utter shit for us, which we will probably never gonna use it in real life or once we finished form 6, then try to absorb and enslave us to do "something useful in life, for example finding a decent job ,then pay a decent tax to accommodate the needs of our society and to raise our economy", but actually they are trying to say " help us find more money (as all of your income taxes are the ministers and all the dato and YB and tan sri and what nots income and salary) because earning c.ronaldo amount of wage is not good enough for us, we want to goyang kaki after we retire and we want to be the "bill gates"es of malaysia"

Last edited by rightthru; 05-08-2009 at 10:05 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
rightthru is offline   Reply With Quote
Johnivan Male

#82 Old 08-08-2009 Default Re: Why Is STPM hard?

Wow peope... Be careful not to end up yourselves being caught by ISA...

I think STPM is hard because:
1. It's time-span. We are studying a 2-year syllabus in 1.5 years. Getting into these detail stuff (especially in Bio, Chem Maths & Phy) requires a lot of time to understand and digest...

2. A very wide syllabus. It is a super big jump compared to SPM level. Am i exaggerating if i say that the SPM syllabus for pure sciences is only less than 20% of what STPM has? Unless you start early, if not it is really stressful to make yourself remember what you studied for the past 1.5 years...

3. There are only a few questions in STPM for such a wide syllabus. You study from head to tail, all you will answer is only 24 questions for Maths T!! Not to mention focusing on 36 chapters of Physics but only a little comes out...

4. The questions are tough. I think the questions' standard is a little bit too high... I think there's no point coming out with super hard questions so that only 5% of the people can answer all of them easily.

5. I think (not sure whether it's true, but it applies to people around me...) most students end up taking STPM as their last choice. Most people end up in STPM because they have no where to go. So i think they are either mentally not prepared, or they can't focus (still waiting for application to somewhere...). so at the end, they say it's tough.

6. I think it is also tough because STPM students are required to study so much and at the same time, be active in their co-curriculum. We are already struggling in STPM when we still need to make sure that our Koko marks are above 7... Well, hard...

Anything else?

A few links worth checking out:
My Life Story
Further Mathematics T Blog (2003-2011 Syllabus)
Johnivan is offline   Reply With Quote
kaiyi Female

#83 Old 09-08-2009 Default Re: Why Is STPM hard?

and some schools already start 2 change...
eg my school, we need to study from 7.30 am to 3.40 pm three days a week
horrible, the lower 6 will use the time to do the so-called research n co-co
we, the upper 6 -----extra classes.haiz
kaiyi is offline   Reply With Quote
Gabrielle90
Slightly Senior Member

#84 Old 10-08-2009 Default Re: Why Is STPM hard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiyi View Post
and some schools already start 2 change...
eg my school, we need to study from 7.30 am to 3.40 pm three days a week
horrible, the lower 6 will use the time to do the so-called research n co-co
we, the upper 6 -----extra classes.haiz
Same case here. I study until 3.45pm four days a week, means except friday la. We cant even go out to eat. Gee!!!
Gabrielle90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Li Shan Shung Male

#85 Old 12-09-2009 Default Re: Why Is STPM hard?

My friend is studying at a rate of 7 hours on weekdays, 10 h on weekends and 15 h on holidays for stpm!!! Shows how tough it can be.

STPM students need more time to understand and prepare for that dreaded final exam. If we get bad results, the whole 2 years of form 6 is basically wasted.
Li Shan Shung is offline   Reply With Quote
Gabrielle90
Slightly Senior Member

#86 Old 12-09-2009 Default Re: Why Is STPM hard?

Omg!!! 7 hours on weekdays? Does it include schooling hours?
Gabrielle90 is offline   Reply With Quote
kaiyi Female

#87 Old 12-09-2009 Default Re: Why Is STPM hard?

i can never do that, not even imagine!
kaiyi is offline   Reply With Quote
lordfoong Male
Less Junior Member

#88 Old 12-09-2009 Default Re: Why Is STPM hard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Li Shan Shung View Post
My friend is studying at a rate of 7 hours on weekdays, 10 h on weekends and 15 h on holidays for stpm!!! Shows how tough it can be.

STPM students need more time to understand and prepare for that dreaded final exam. If we get bad results, the whole 2 years of form 6 is basically wasted.
wow! he/she did tat frm lower6 to the end of stpm? hws his result? crazy meh...nid so much effort meh..walao...

his/her life sure is a piece of shit la like dis...couldnt imagine i do tat at all...
lordfoong is offline   Reply With Quote
chongkeat Male

#89 Old 12-09-2009 Default Re: Why Is STPM hard?

What?!! I don't even play games for that long.

I think I might've studied 15h once before. 15h a week, that is.
chongkeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Li Shan Shung Male

#90 Old 13-09-2009 Default Re: Why Is STPM hard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrielle90 View Post
Omg!!! 7 hours on weekdays? Does it include schooling hours?
It's all after school. around 3 to 12 minus daily activities.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordfoong View Post
wow! he/she did tat frm lower6 to the end of stpm? hws his result? crazy meh...nid so much effort meh..walao...

his/her life sure is a piece of shit la like dis...couldnt imagine i do tat at all...
Starting straight from lower 6 till end of stpm. Then the same through university. His idea of fun is indulging in more books. Reference books before stpm and reading finance, business, economics after stpm. Where's the life in it?

At least he did get 4.0 for 5 subjects though. If I had studied that hard and had gotten even an A-, I would probably die from regret.

Last edited by Li Shan Shung; 13-09-2009 at 09:40 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Li Shan Shung is offline   Reply With Quote