ReCom.org
Portal Page Forum Wiki Social Groups Scholarship Holders Infobase Site Map About
Go Back   ReCom.org > Forum > ReCom Cafe > Debates

Debates Nothing senseless here. Argue your points and stands here.

"Not for Muslims" printed in front of Bible

whatever

#1 Old 21-04-2005 Default "Not for Muslims" printed in front of Bible

What do you think if Qurans were made to print such a statement?

Why did I ask? With all due respect, surely the Muslims can think for themselves? Have a look at the quote and link below. Helllo? Sabah & Sarawak joined Malaysia since 1963. The Bible in Malay is nothing new....Only the PM is....

Quote:
However, Abdullah said the Malay Bible must have the words "Not for Muslims" printed on the front
http://news.catcha.com/my/content.ph...9.zwe0tqp5.txt
whatever is offline   Reply With Quote
fish

#2 Old 21-04-2005 Default

If the Muslims want to read it, they will, be it in Malay, English or whatnot. I believe freedom gives them stronger faith.
fish is offline   Reply With Quote
shhh_87
Less Junior Member

#3 Old 21-04-2005 Default

i think its true...not that non muslim cannot read quran...they can read quran to learn more bout islamic culture...(only quran with meaning)...
mayb non muslim don know...that we need 2 take wudhuk first if we one to touch da quran...it is 2 nourish da holy quran...
shhh_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Salvation

#4 Old 21-04-2005 Default

We live in Malaysia dude. Period.
Salvation is offline   Reply With Quote
endymion_serene
Super Junior Member

#5 Old 21-04-2005 Default

uhh, well he must have his tongue twisted whilst saying that. These books should be free for all to read, of course with respect...
One more thing is that i dont think this is the right type of subject to be discussed here coz it makes me feel uncomfortable
endymion_serene is offline   Reply With Quote
endymion_serene
Super Junior Member

#6 Old 21-04-2005 Default

and i mean, uh, each book requires different way to 'respect' them (for example the Quran requires us to be clean (by taking a full-body bath and ablution) before we can touch it), so remind you to take precautions before taking any
Salvation

#7 Old 21-04-2005 Default

Quote:
and i mean, uh, each book requires different way to 'respect' them (for example the Quran requires us to be clean (by taking a full-body bath and ablution) before we can touch it), so remind you to take precautions before taking any Smile
On a lighter note, I am glad that I don't need to take a bath before reading the bible. You cannot take your bath anywhere you want so does it mean you cannot read the Quran anywhere you want? Thanks, just abit curious.
Salvation is offline   Reply With Quote
glow
Super Junior Member

#8 Old 21-04-2005 Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salvation
Quote:
and i mean, uh, each book requires different way to 'respect' them (for example the Quran requires us to be clean (by taking a full-body bath and ablution) before we can touch it), so remind you to take precautions before taking any Smile
On a lighter note, I am glad that I don't need to take a bath before reading the bible. You cannot take your bath anywhere you want so does it mean you cannot read the Quran anywhere you want? Thanks, just abit curious.
it's not that u need to take a bath everytime before reading the Quran . u only need to take the bath(mandi wajib) after menstruation and after sexual intercourse to make urself 'suci'again. if not u can't even touch it. but taking wuduk is neccesary each time u want to touch or read the Quran
glow is offline   Reply With Quote
endymion_serene
Super Junior Member

#9 Old 21-04-2005 Default

Set A : full-body bath (junub bath) must be taken once to clean muslims once they're in major dirtiness

Set B : ablution (wudhu) must be taken once to clean muslims once they're in minor dirtiness

To do prayers (solah,reading quran,etc) muslims must be in AUB, and that means muslims do prayers to God in total clean. it isnt really difficult for muslims to clean themselves anyway ;)
chenchow Male
ReComer
Administrator

#10 Old 21-04-2005 Default

Frankly, on this issue, our PM is already taking a middle stand. There have been calls to ban Bible in BM, and our PM has decided to moderate in that issue, and allow Bible to be in BM, with the 3 words printed.
chenchow is offline   Reply With Quote