ReCom.org
The Spammers Association Click here to visit this social group

HOS VI: Silence is the key

Boyz_Zoo Male
Lord of Spams 2009
Wiki Contributor

#2981 Old 03-08-2012 Default Re: HOS VI: Whn's the end of trolling?

Spam!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lord of Spams 2009
Wiki Contributor

#2982 Old 03-08-2012 Default Re: HOS VI: Whn's the end of trolling?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuwenteo View Post
i mean i received a large volume of messages in my inbox be4. i couldn't reply to mano of them. that mede me feel a bit guilty.
It's ok. Now, u hv the opportunity 2 express ur point of view 2 evry1 in this open thread and u dun hv 2 wry much of mods coming in 2 intervene as this thread is meant 2 b spammed.

However, flamming posts r nt tolerated though.
ReCom Staff
Wiki Contributor
ReMag Writer

#2983 Old 03-08-2012 Default Re: HOS VI: Whn's the end of trolling?

Quote:
i know u r supporting opposition. but can u feel our pain? we r desperate cause we r poor. we cant survive under bn regime.
i don't understand you...

Nobody will ever win the Battle of the Sexes. There's just too much fraternizing with the enemy.
~Henry Kissinger

(looking for people to parler français! PM me!)
ayjiahui is offline   Reply With Quote
Young Male
ReCom Staff
ReMag Writer

#2984 Old 03-08-2012 Default Re: HOS VI: Whn's the end of trolling?

Quote:
u will never understand us. many people r desperate for change.
look for the comments below my video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h48Ce-qoIzo
*THIS IS ME BEING REASONABLE, SHUWEN. I DO NOT WANT TO ANTAGONIZE YOU. PLEASE DON'T POST PICTURES/VIDEOS/ONE-LINERS/JESUS MESSAGES.*

I think you misunderstood the point of ayjiahui's article. From what I understand, the article was meant to show how divided we are as far as politics is concerned. As mentioned, we have a very 'with us or against us' culture. Just look at the way you're responding- "you will never understand us. many people are desperate for change", etc.

It's as if any shred of disagreement with the opposition is unfathomable. Ayjiahui's point is that we are too obsessed with taking sides to the extent where we forget the whole point of politics- to vote the best policies and leaders.

She's not saying the opposition are bad- she's saying they're not perfect. She's saying it's perfectly acceptable to vote for the opposition and to want change, but also cautions us about being too entrenched in a single party/side because such a dichotomized electorate is detrimental to the nation as a whole.

We are not serving parties when we vote; we are serving the country. And I think we have become so obsessed with this whole Pakatan vs BN tirade that we have forgot this message.
Dominic Male
ReCom Staff
Wiki Contributor
ReMag Writer

#2985 Old 04-08-2012 Default Re: HOS VI: Whn's the end of trolling?

If you really want to engage in proper discussion, then please:

1) Don't patronize/condescend others. It projects a holier-than-thou attitude that no one likes.

2) Don't ignore other people's posts completely, or give short, unrelated replies. It's rude, especially when the posts were written for you. I have been doing exactly the same thing to you for the past couple of days, and I doubt you liked it much.

3) If you don't have time to reply, then don't. Take your time and do some research before replying. We can wait. We're not going to hound you because you have a busy life. We all study and work so we know what it's like.

4) Accept that not everyone is Christian, and not everyone wants to be. The way you're spreading Christianity only makes others want to stay away from it. You should lead by example, not suffocate us with biblical verses and beautiful pictures. Be a good Christian, and others will see the value in your religion.

5) If you disagree with someone, don't call their posts ridiculous. We are not MPs in Parliament; here we believe in courtesy and diplomacy. The way you reply only serves to annoy people more.

6) Lastly, accept that others may think differently from you. If you want us to respect you, then please, respect us as well.
Or hand to hold, or hell to pay,
What do you say,
What do you say?"

And thus laments the hopeless romantic that is yours truly.
Dominic is offline   Reply With Quote
eve88 Female

#2986 Old 04-08-2012 Default Re: HOS VI: Whn's the end of trolling?

*munches popcorn at the troll-baiting*

Damn, i was hoping vseehua was feeding troll instead of closing the thread. how boring.
eve88 is offline   Reply With Quote
henry_yew Male
The Iron Boot
ReMag Writer
Forum Moderator

#2987 Old 04-08-2012 Default Re: HOS VI: Whn's the end of trolling?

Quote:
Originally Posted by eve88 View Post

Damn, i was hoping vseehua was feeding troll instead of closing the thread. how boring.
The rule of thumb is not to entertain. Entertaining someone who isn't going to engage with you properly in a discussion is just like digging your own grave. I learned it the hard way, and I thought the rest of us would have already learned it as well. We're not bound by any duty to correct perception or whatever.

If you find yourself in a situation where the other party isn't engaging you in a constructive discussion, just walk away.
ReCom Staff
Wiki Contributor
ReMag Writer

#2988 Old 04-08-2012 Default Re: HOS VI: Whn's the end of trolling?

Quote:
Argh, now you've made me crave popcorn....
Or hand to hold, or hell to pay,
What do you say,
What do you say?"

And thus laments the hopeless romantic that is yours truly.
Dominic is offline   Reply With Quote
vseehua
The Student
Administrator

#2989 Old 04-08-2012 Default Re: HOS VI: Whn's the end of trolling?

Quote:

5 years ago I would have done just that. However, I realized sooner that it'll be like a chicken and duck trying to talk to each other; we will never understand each other, and it will only be a huge waste of time to continue.

It is always good to be naive, for when we cease to be naive, it is the end of life as we know it!

Check out our ReCom wiki!
Do contribute by writing or editing the existing articles so that everyone now and in the future can benefit from it!
vseehua is offline   Reply With Quote
marczeman Female

#2990 Old 04-08-2012 Default Re: HOS VI: Whn's the end of trolling?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vseehua View Post
5 years ago I would have done just that. However, I realized sooner that it'll be like a chicken and duck trying to talk to each other; we will never understand each other, and it will only be a huge waste of time to continue.
But it's not a conversation between two people. Shuwen may ignore anything and everything, but when Young or Dominic or whoever makes a salient, well-researched reply, I (spectator and minor participant to discussion) learn something too. I personally grow in my understanding of the topic. In that sense, keeping the thread open has its merits. So long as we're not doing anything illegal or making blatant personal attacks, I don't see why the thread can't remain. Just saying.