ReCom.org
Portal Page Forum Wiki Social Groups Scholarship Holders Infobase Site Map About
Go Back   ReCom.org > Forum > ReCom Cafe > Education > SPM & STPM

SPM & STPM Post questions on SPM and STPM topics ONLY.

Form 6 Tuition, Any Good Recommendations?

sasagirl1000 Female
Super Junior Member

#1 Old 01-01-2009 Lightbulb Form 6 Tuition, Any Good Recommendations?

Hey hi,
I m a post-SPM student now. Having post-SPM blues ...LOL
btw, Do anyone here know of any good teacher/tuition for Form 6?
I had tuition since i m Form 1 so I think tuition is compulsory
I m taking science stream. Bio & Chem only.
Pls help and recommend the good ones only! I need good tuition for Form 6.
Thanks in advance...
sasagirl1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
peihoon Female
Less Junior Member

#2 Old 01-01-2009 Default Re: Form 6 Tuition, Any good recommendations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasagirl1000 View Post
Hey hi,
I m a post-SPM student now. Having post-SPM blues ...LOL
btw, Do anyone here know of any good teacher/tuition for Form 6?
I had tuition since i m Form 1 so I think tuition is compulsory
I m taking science stream. Bio & Chem only.
Pls help and recommend the good ones only! I need good tuition for Form 6.
Thanks in advance...
well, i think tuition is NOT compulsory...
peihoon is offline   Reply With Quote
chongkeat Male

#3 Old 01-01-2009 Default Re: Form 6 Tuition, Any good recommendations?

Yeah, well, I'm in lower 6 too, and I don't take any tuition, mainly because I can't focus or pay attention, so it'd all be wasted anyway.

But, of course, it's up to the individual......

Anyway, I'm from Penang, so I wouldn't know about tuition centers in PJ. Can't help you on that one.
chongkeat is offline   Reply With Quote
jayden

#4 Old 09-01-2009 Default Re: Form 6 Tuition, Any good recommendations?

You could be more specific on which subjects you would like to know about. Different tutors in different places have different reputations among students. Generally, famous places for Form 6 tuition in the Klang Valley would be Kasturi, Era Tinta, Yakin and Delta.

jayden is offline   Reply With Quote
ninjamole89

#5 Old 08-03-2009 Default Re: Form 6 Tuition, Any good recommendations?

I went to Pusat Tuition Cekap for my Bio, Chem, Peng.AM, and Maths subjects
Pusat Tuition Cekap is in Jalan Development, Desa Jaya, KL (opposite Desa Jaya McD)
The tutors are kinda good are professional...
Bio: (RM50)
The tutor is the author of Longman Q&A Biology Paper 1 and 2. (eh-hem...actually...MEMORIZING these two books is enough for you to score Bio... the STPM 2008 Bio had some questions from his books...I regret using the books only as last minute revision!). The tuition notes he gives are short, precise, and easy to understand and memorize.
Chem: (RM50)
The tutor is the marker for SPM Chem, he doesn't teach STPM Chemistry, but he has close friends who are the markers and examiners of STPM. He is really patient with the students, good explainer, answers all questions. His notes are compilations of all the reference books from longman to pelangi to fajar bakti, and includes A-levels too (so dedicated~sob!)...his tuition notes is good enough to use as the ultimate reference book. He gives excercises from past years STPM and A-Lvls, with answers from the STPM answer scheme.

(in case u or other readers are interested)
Peng. Am: (RM50)
He is the Ketua for Paper *confidential part*
He is also the marker for Paper 2, Bahagian *confidential
Lecturer at Public Universiti *confidential*
Bashes the goverment system, and the police occasionally
Gives lots of tips (or tipu?) that are really helpful for Paper 1 (bring a small notebook, never write in papers, or you are bound to lose them!)
Teaches the templates (or format) of Paper 2, where you must follow, understand and remember in ur heart to score~!

Maths (for Arts and Science, don't know about further maths...you'll have to contact him...) (RM80 for both paper 1 and 2)
Lecturer at a College (sumthin about physics)
Gives notes, with explainations, and LOTS of maths exercises extracted from various resources, from STPM, A-Lvls, australian matriculation, and really OLD exam papers of unknown origins (ranging from the 70's to now~!). His questions are usually of the good quality, he likes students that ask alot of questions (and loves explaining to them), and he sometimes spews mysteries of maths (@#$%^&*???)...

ALL these teachers are unique, special, and definitely an asset if you feel that the school teachers are inadequate enough. And, no, they are not scary at all. I had real fun and gained alot of knowledge under their tutelage~!!

Fees: I think it was RM50 (or 60?) per subject...I had to work part-time after SPM to pay my fees for the whole STPM years

And don't throw away the Chem and Bio notes~! I had seniors and friends telling me they still use the notes as reference in their university years when in doubt~!

The students that fock their classses come from SMK Kepong bARu (mine), Kepong, Maluri, DAmansara, Raja Abdullah and KTar...etc...
choogirl

#6 Old 09-03-2009 Default Re: Form 6 Tuition, Any good recommendations?

I recommend Mrs Lee for Chemistry. She stays in SS2. Her notes are superb superb superb. Studying chemistry doesn't break a sweat because her explanation is interesting and easy to remember. Sometimes, her classes are so interesting that I don't feel like i'm going there for tuition. I don't go for tuitions for other subjects. I think Bio and PA doesn't need tuition. Which school do you plan to go btw?

For math, you can go to Mr Ong from edusmart.

Depends where you stay la seriously. If ninjamole's recommendation is more convenient for you then go for that. Save the transportation time for revision.
choogirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Miriam Female
Super Junior Member

#7 Old 16-03-2009 Default Re: Form 6 Tuition, Any good recommendations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by choogirl View Post
I recommend Mrs Lee for Chemistry. She stays in SS2. Her notes are superb superb superb. Studying chemistry doesn't break a sweat because her explanation is interesting and easy to remember. Sometimes, her classes are so interesting that I don't feel like i'm going there for tuition. I don't go for tuitions for other subjects. I think Bio and PA doesn't need tuition. Which school do you plan to go btw?

For math, you can go to Mr Ong from edusmart.

Depends where you stay la seriously. If ninjamole's recommendation is more convenient for you then go for that. Save the transportation time for revision.
Yes I agree...mrs lee notes are really useful and also mr ong notes. Are you taking stpm 09 or are u a senior?
Miriam is offline   Reply With Quote
zilch Male
Super Junior Member

#8 Old 30-03-2009 Default Re: Form 6 Tuition, Any good recommendations?

anywhere form six tuition near cheras area?
zilch is offline   Reply With Quote
fangirLING Female
Super Junior Member

#9 Old 08-04-2009 Default Re: Form 6 Tuition, Any good recommendations?

how bout tuitions in butterworth? any recommendations? If you do, pls PM me. TY
fangirLING is offline   Reply With Quote
choogirl

#10 Old 09-04-2009 Default Re: Form 6 Tuition, Any good recommendations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miriam View Post
Yes I agree...mrs lee notes are really useful and also mr ong notes. Are you taking stpm 09 or are u a senior?
Senior. Took STPM last year. I have a feeling you are from Samad?
choogirl is offline   Reply With Quote