ReCom.org
ReCom Chat Forum This is where you chat! As per new policy, all social messages e.g. "hey are you the cute guy sitting next to me in interview yesterday" MUST be posted here.

INTI University College

mumeichan
Less Junior Member

#91 Old 14-06-2007 Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliaroxxx
r there any rules telling us what items are not allowed in the hostels?
You can bring most normal things into your room and nobody will check either.

Officially you cannot bring any cooking item or fire/heat causing items into your room except for an iron and a safe electric kettle(Not the metal one)

No furniture, washing machine, aircond, portable aircond etc. I am not sure if it is allowed or not, but some people do bring a table fan or a stand fan.

And I think that is about it.
mumeichan is offline   Reply With Quote
juliaroxxx
Super Junior Member

#92 Old 14-06-2007 Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mumeichan
Quote:

Officially you cannot bring any cooking item or fire/heat causing items into your room except for an iron and a safe electric kettle(Not the metal one)

No furniture, washing machine, aircond, portable aircond etc. I am not sure if it is allowed or not, but some people do bring a table fan or a stand fan.

thanks mumeichan!!
juliaroxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
capablanca Male
Laziest
Forum Moderator

#93 Old 14-06-2007 Default

Quote:
Quote:

What is the use? Space in hostel so small. Cannot put anything inside.
capablanca is offline   Reply With Quote
mumeichan
Less Junior Member

#94 Old 14-06-2007 Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by capablanca
Quote:
Quote:

That is if very really get aristotle which I still find very hard to believe JPA is willing to spend so much on us for hostel.

By the way I forgot yo mention earlier. There is a pantry which we can use a hotplate or a rice cooker that we can bring along to cook whatever we like. But only rice cooker and hot plate is allowed, no gas stove, oven, etc. And you'll probably be needing one soon enough coz in one month you will be able to take every single dish sold within INTI's vicinity.

Basically I think you need to bring clothes, your PC/Lappy,your favourite pillow, bedsheets, comforter set, your manga, CDs , things that you can't buy easily from shops. Coz, there is alot of sundry shops nearby, Giant is a bus ride away and you could always take a train to KL area for shopping or the INTI bus to Subang Jaya to go to Sunway.

Electrical items etc all can be bought when the need arises here. Unless you really love the stuff you already have at home.
capablanca Male
Laziest
Forum Moderator

#95 Old 14-06-2007 Default

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

That is if very really get aristotle which I still find very hard to believe JPA is willing to spend so much on us for hostel.

By the way I forgot yo mention earlier. There is a pantry which we can use a hotplate or a rice cooker that we can bring along to cook whatever we like. But only rice cooker and hot plate is allowed, no gas stove, oven, etc. And you'll probably be needing one soon enough coz in one month you will be able to take every single dish sold within INTI's vicinity.

Basically I think you need to bring clothes, your PC/Lappy,your favourite pillow, bedsheets, comforter set, your manga, CDs , things that you can't buy easily from shops. Coz, there is alot of sundry shops nearby, Giant is a bus ride away and you could always take a train to KL area for shopping or the INTI bus to Subang Jaya to go to Sunway.

Electrical items etc all can be bought when the need arises here. Unless you really love the stuff you already have at home.
Thanks, can tell me more about the pantry?
mythspal
Super Junior Member

#96 Old 14-06-2007 Default

Coz i'll be either passing by KL or go Nilai st8 from KLIA Thanks for the info though
mythspal is offline   Reply With Quote
mumeichan
Less Junior Member

#97 Old 14-06-2007 Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mythspal
Coz i'll be either passing by KL or go Nilai st8 from KLIA Thanks for the info though
I think you are a bit confused where Nilai and INTI is. Please tell me exactly where you are coming from.

Cause if you pass through KL by car by the KLIA expressway, you can go straight to Nilai without passing through KLIA. Actually there is a roundabout at one point where you can turn off to KLIA or turn off to Nilai.

But from the sentence I assume you will be at KLIA, so from KLIA you can go straight to Nilai without passing KL at all. In fact Nilai and KLIA are right next to each other(about 10KM south). KL in about 40-50KM north from KLIA. No matter what road you take to reach nilai, you won't pass through KL.
mumeichan
Less Junior Member

#98 Old 14-06-2007 Default

Quote:
That is about all I can say for now as I have only heard and read about the pantry. I have never seen the actual pantry myself. Anyway I will go and ask my friends and maybe check out the pantry myself.(Officially, I am still an A-Level INTI student but I am just not attending classes)

-------------------

This is one very important thing I want to let all ADTP and ACTP scholars know.

Under the our agreement JPA, we must work for the government for 6 years if we complete our studies within the sponsorship period. If we make any extension to the sponsorship period that amount to more than 6 months, we have to serve the government for 7 years.

Officially we are sponsored to study locally for 2 years and overseas for 3 years. Therefore if we which to go to any Uni that does not accept our credits and have to study there for 4 years, we need to apply for an extension of our sponsorship period overseas by at least 1 years. That would me we would be bonded for 7 years!
capablanca Male
Laziest
Forum Moderator

#99 Old 15-06-2007 Default

Quote:
Quote:
That is about all I can say for now as I have only heard and read about the pantry. I have never seen the actual pantry myself. Anyway I will go and ask my friends and maybe check out the pantry myself.(Officially, I am still an A-Level INTI student but I am just not attending classes)

-------------------

This is one very important thing I want to let all ADTP and ACTP scholars know.

Under the our agreement JPA, we must work for the government for 6 years if we complete our studies within the sponsorship period. If we make any extension to the sponsorship period that amount to more than 6 months, we have to serve the government for 7 years.

Officially we are sponsored to study locally for 2 years and overseas for 3 years. Therefore if we which to go to any Uni that does not accept our credits and have to study there for 4 years, we need to apply for an extension of our sponsorship period overseas by at least 1 years. That would me we would be bonded for 7 years!
But the 7 years is for 3.5 years and above. So, if it extend until 4.5 years? Does the bond still ammounts up to 7 years only?
zHen23
Super Junior Member

#100 Old 16-06-2007 Default

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

why is it so expensive for Aristotle? isn't it small? by the way, are we really going to the hostel with air-cond? seriously, really? coz i am thinking of bringing what kind of blankets (thick o thin)..
zHen23 is offline   Reply With Quote