ReCom.org
Portal Page Forum Wiki Social Groups Scholarship Holders Infobase Site Map About
Go Back   ReCom.org > Forum > ReCom Cafe > Education > Pre-U/ Undergraduate/ Postgraduate

Pre-U/ Undergraduate/ Postgraduate Post your questions on these topics ONLY

INTEC - ADFP - What's going to happen in the first week?

elizabeth
Less Junior Member

#41 Old 15-06-2007 Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chenchow
Essentially, it doesn't matter whether you get into ADFP or ACTP. The 1st year is the same for both programs. If you get into top U.S. universities (defined by JPA), you would be going to US after 1 year at INTEC.

If you fail to get into top U.S. universities, then you would stay back for 1 extra year of ACTP.

So, on whether you would spend 4 years in U.S. universities, it is up to you on whether you put in the hard work.

The session in the post immediately above is very good. Mr. Kevin Sim, a famous counselor in Singapore, has helped many students getting into Ivy League universities and he would be sharing with students, so do RSVP with Adrian.

If you do not put in hard work now and yet expect to get into top U.S. universities, I would say the chance is very low.

Work hard from now, and you can ask those who have made it before, it is really hard work.

Focus on what you could do, rather than whether you are in ACTP/ADFP. If you can get into top U.S. Universities, you would go after 1 year. If you fail to get into those universities, the person to blame is you, and not JPA. JPA can only provide you golden opportunities to go to top U.S. universities, but if you waste the opportunities, it is your fault.

JPA students at INTEC have gotten into all of the top U.S. universities, so it is definitely possible for some of the current batch of students (your batch) to get into top U.S. universities, but the question is who among you all. Can all of you get into those top U.S. universities. There is no quota limited for any of those top U.S. universities. Raffles Junior College, Singapore has about 50-80 students who get into Cornell each year, and why there are only a few from Malaysia? We used to have a very large number of Malaysians who get in. The problem is we don't even have 50 Malaysians who apply.

Prepare well for it. Make use of the opportunities provided. Discover U.S. Education - KL '07 is definitely one of those events you should go and learn from the best of the country. There are at least 30-40 Malaysians who have studied at those U.S. universities that JPA approve for you to go for 4 years, and you should prepare well and learn from them. Don't ask for spoonfeed, and seek their guidance.

Work hard!
thanks for all the info!
elizabeth is offline   Reply With Quote
mumeichan
Less Junior Member

#42 Old 16-06-2007 Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by capablanca
Quote:
Originally Posted by mumeichan
Quote:
Originally Posted by capablanca

Hey thanks, does this mean that anyone who wanted to go us early need to apply now and take the SAT test and prepare everything in just one year?
The earliest you can go is after 1 year cause you need at least 12 years of formal edu. You will be doing your SAT SATII, TOEFL by the the first year unless you do not want to.

You can apply only after you got your SAT results and all.

And after one year, you can and should apply for whichever uni you want regardless whether they accept our credits or not. If they accept our credits then you can jump straight to year 2(cause you learn all the year 1 subjects already) or if not then start from the beginning.
Ouch. Since I am a PTS student, does the 12 year education apply to me as well?
I think it should be fine if you explain to them. After all NYU just appointed two new lecturers/professors who are some teenage girls from Russia.
mumeichan is offline   Reply With Quote
cyther90 Male
Less Junior Member

#43 Old 18-05-2008 Default Adfp

Hi, I'm new here. I would like to know whats ADFP all about. I'm about to continue my study in ADFP INTEC this July... Please guide me~~ Thanks~~
ReCom Addict
Administrator

#44 Old 18-05-2008 Default

Merged the last post to the existing thread.

Check out our ReCom wiki!
Do contribute by writing or editing the existing articles so that everyone now and in the future can benefit from it!
youngyew is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to youngyew For This Useful Post:
cyther90 Male
Less Junior Member

#45 Old 18-05-2008 Default

thanks youngyew for merging my thread...i'm kinda lost back there....hehe...newbie..

#46 Old 18-05-2008 Default

Is it possible to take any AP courses (by studying on your own) in addition to ADFP/ACTP/AUP?
clep is offline   Reply With Quote
Appolo

#47 Old 19-05-2008 Default

Of course, most us universities recognize AP courses.
Appolo is offline   Reply With Quote
clep Female

#48 Old 19-05-2008 Default

I was actually referring more to the workload/time constraints...I've started reading for AP Chem and Bio already but I'm not sure if I will be able to continue doing that once I start whatever program JPA puts me into.
clep is offline   Reply With Quote
nashrulshafiq
Super Junior Member

#49 Old 20-05-2008 Default

i got adfp at intec.the registration will take place on 29june

see all of you in intec!!!!

is it tough studying at intec????any idea???

Last edited by nashrulshafiq; 20-05-2008 at 02:10 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
nashrulshafiq is offline   Reply With Quote
K_T
Super Junior Member

#50 Old 27-05-2008 Default

Err.. X-ray film is a must for intec ah?
K_T is offline   Reply With Quote