ReCom.org
ReCom Chat Forum This is where you chat! As per new policy, all social messages e.g. "hey are you the cute guy sitting next to me in interview yesterday" MUST be posted here.

INTI University College

chris1771
Super Junior Member

#111 Old 18-06-2007 Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mythspal
Quoted from another thread :
Quote:
JPA has a list of 18 universities that they allow to do 4 years. It is not just the 8 Ivy League.

Essentially, to graduate in US universities, 3 years is sufficient time, so whether you do credit transfer or otherwise, it is possible to finish your whole degree in 3 years.

Most JPA scholars who use up entire 4 years are just making full use of the opportunities. A lot of them do take a lot more courses than is required to graduate. For instance to graduate, require about 120+ credit hours, some JPA scholars do take beyond 150 or even more than 200 credit hours. I took 206.5 credit hours in 4 years (including 14 credit hours transfer from INTEC). So, I did 192.5 credit hours in Cornell.

To say Ivy League does not allow credit transfer is definitely wrong. I got 14 credit hours in Cornell. And there are Malaysians who have transferred more than 20 credit hours (including some that they take advanced placement exams).

Most of the top US universities, including Ivy League universities have advanced placement exam during your 1st week there. If you pass those exams, they don't even bother whether you have learned it before (formal or informal learning), they'll give you the credits.
I think this explains everything
It does, thank you
chris1771 is offline   Reply With Quote
interpreter1224
Super Junior Member

#112 Old 18-06-2007 Default

Hi ppl! fiona here... gonna do adp at inti 2 for social science. Looking forward 2 seeing u guys there n making new frens Btw, thanx mumeichan 4 ur info on inti. Reali helped
interpreter1224 is offline   Reply With Quote
mumeichan
Less Junior Member

#113 Old 18-06-2007 Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by interpreter1224
Hi ppl! fiona here... gonna do adp at inti 2 for social science. Looking forward 2 seeing u guys there n making new frens Btw, thanx mumeichan 4 ur info on inti. Reali helped
Welcome. By the way, I am going to INTI now and then to use the library and to complete the procedures to withdraw from my current program, I am gonna meet the ADTP people to ask some question as well. So if you have any last minutes question like the update on our room status etc, please let me know so I can ask the ADTP people directly on your behalf.

Beside that I have a proposal. I've been thinking a lot about the roommate issue. Considering the fact that we would probably we randomly placed with anyone on the registration day, there is an equal chance I'll get along with that person with that of I will not get along with that person. So might as well I find a roommate with a Recommer for at least of all JPA scholars, you have given some time to be with an online community and share information be it in the form of questions or answers as it equally helps.

I'd prefer someone who is doing actuarial science or economics in the ADTP program. And the rest we can discuss through PM.
mumeichan is offline   Reply With Quote
interpreter1224
Super Junior Member

#114 Old 18-06-2007 Default

Hey mumeichan. Can u help me ask whether the common areas in the aristotle block like the pantry n the bathroom, r we students in charge of cleaning it as well?
interpreter1224 is offline   Reply With Quote
firebolt
Super Junior Member

#115 Old 18-06-2007 Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdjkl
Emmmmmmmmmm

I think its confirmed that we'll get airconditioned rooms. Other people have been calling and were also told the same thing. You can bring thick blankets if u want... I know 'hard to believe' n what not...just bring what u think is best. I am pretty sure about aristotle..my friend living in beethoven also said there's this building only for jpa scholars which they are currently renovating. (okok debate on this if u guys want~~)

oh, so jpa scholars have to stay at a separate building?which building?
so is this good or no good?
i dont know

mumeichan-so u r looking for a roommate? here?
male/female
firebolt is offline   Reply With Quote
bert-bert
Super Junior Member

#116 Old 18-06-2007 Default i oso get to nilai

i got actuarial science n sent 2 inti nilai.nilai is a static place lol.i prefer inti subang.
bert-bert is offline   Reply With Quote
mumeichan
Less Junior Member

#117 Old 18-06-2007 Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by firebolt
Quote:
Emmmmmmmmmm

I think its confirmed that we'll get airconditioned rooms. Other people have been calling and were also told the same thing. You can bring thick blankets if u want... I know 'hard to believe' n what not...just bring what u think is best. I am pretty sure about aristotle..my friend living in beethoven also said there's this building only for jpa scholars which they are currently renovating. (okok debate on this if u guys want~~)

i dont know

male/female
JPA scholars do not stay in a seperate building. Just that one hostel block is reserved for us. However we share the rest with all INTI students.

And yeah I am looking for a roomate here. I am looking for a guy, unless there is a girl who want to share a room with me.
mythspal
Super Junior Member

#118 Old 18-06-2007 Default

Have you asked whether we get choose our own roommate or not?

I'll get the ball start rolling
Introduction: ordinary guy
ASL: 18/m/miri sarawak currently
Profile: http://www.friendster.com/mythspal
Course: ADTP leading to ICT(so far only know sl89 is my coursemate)
Hobby/activity: (1)band - marching show band, was a trumpeter but frankly speaking never received any proper/official trumpet lesson, (2)computer - anything from gaming to technical stuffs, (3)music - newbie, intend to venture more , (4)sports - slight activity in basketball,during band practice break
Additional information:
Jz keep everything properly placed & well tidied up, untidiness frustrates me from doing anything..& pardon me if my cpu fan makes noise
mythspal is offline   Reply With Quote
mumeichan
Less Junior Member

#119 Old 18-06-2007 Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mythspal
Have you asked whether we get choose our own roommate or not?
Thanks for getting the ball rolling. I have never asked whether we can choose out roommate or not. However I am very sure we can as no body is going to check our room anyway. We can always switch rooms at anytime.

Anyway here is my profile

ASL: 18/m/Nilai
Course: Actuarial Science ADTP

About me: Well, I smile all the time and I wish my roommate does too. I play chess, guitar, draw and am learning japanese. I love maths, psychology and philosophy. However I very much like normal entertainment such as movies, music, anime, tv as well.
What I don't want: A roomate who stinks, sulks, is dirty and makes noise and sleeps after 12 if there is a class the next day. So if you wanna hear music and all, please use your headphones. And aircond must not go below 20 degrees celcius at night. In the morning and afternoon as cold as possible also I don't mind.

What you may dislike about me: I am not the tidiest person. I keep everything very clean, dust free, stain free etc. But I do not bother to make my bed and my the thing onmy table my not be in an orderly fashion.
firebolt
Super Junior Member

#120 Old 18-06-2007 Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mumeichan
Quote:
Originally Posted by firebolt
Quote:
Emmmmmmmmmm

i dont know

male/female
JPA scholars do not stay in a seperate building. Just that one hostel block is reserved for us. However we share the rest with all INTI students.

And yeah I am looking for a roomate here. I am looking for a guy, unless there is a girl who want to share a room with me.

so which building is reserved for jpa scholars?
beethoven?
firebolt is offline   Reply With Quote