ReCom.org
Scholarships A place to find out about scholarships available for Malaysians

Medical Checkup

specialized
Super Junior Member

#1 Old 24-05-2007 Default Medical Checkup

I called JPA, private clinics' medical checkup reports are not approved by JPA, which means we have to go to GOVERNMENT or private HOSPITAL to do our medical checkup. The only condition is: MUST BE HOSPITAL.

Usually our family doctor has our medical history for many many years.. Some even have your records since the day you're born. Your family doctor should know you very well, what medicine you can take or cant, which one is effective for you n so on.. Now you're going to study in a far place, n JPA x allows our family doctor to write that report, this is simply funny..

For blood test, it is conducted by professional labs. Their reports are very detail and internationally recognised and yet JPA not approves the private clinic's reports.

We all know that, government hospitals are super crowded at all time.. This is because they offer the cheapest medical service in the country. You'll need super long time or maybe the whole day (depends on the number of the patients on that day and your local hospital's efficiency) to conduct all the medical checkup required by JPA.

If JPA allows us to do our medical checkup in private clinics, it'll certainly save us from all the hassels n the bustles.. Dunno how they think.. haiz..
specialized is offline   Reply With Quote
honginn89
Super Junior Member

#2 Old 24-05-2007 Default Re: Medical Checkup

Quote:
Originally Posted by specialized
I called JPA, private clinics' medical checkup reports are not approved by JPA, which means we have to go to GOVERNMENT or private HOSPITAL to do our medical checkup. The only condition is: MUST BE HOSPITAL.

Usually our family doctor has our medical history for many many years.. Some even have your records since the day you're born. Your family doctor should know you very well, what medicine you can take or cant, which one is effective for you n so on.. Now you're going to study in a far place, n JPA x allows our family doctor to write that report, this is simply funny..

For blood test, it is conducted by professional labs. Their reports are very detail and internationally recognised and yet JPA not approves the private clinic's reports.

We all know that, government hospitals are super crowded at all time.. This is because they offer the cheapest medical service in the country. You'll need super long time or maybe the whole day (depends on the number of the patients on that day and your local hospital's efficiency) to conduct all the medical checkup required by JPA.

If JPA allows us to do our medical checkup in private clinics, it'll certainly save us from all the hassels n the bustles.. Dunno how they think.. haiz..
thanks for the info.. i also think of doing medical check up in private hospital as the government hospital is too crowded and wasting a lot of time.. hiaz.. but since jpa wanna the report from government hospital then we cant do anything dy.. but i wondering is the government hospital can do all the medical check up in one month??
honginn89 is offline   Reply With Quote
white2020

#3 Old 24-05-2007 Default

Petronas Do listed out some Private clinics all over the country that we can make our medical check-up and in the same time we can do it at Gorvernment Hospotal.

Kinda better right?

I got the Petronas offer letter today and i have skimmed through it...
white2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
chenchow Male
ReComer
Administrator

#4 Old 24-05-2007 Default

I guess it is about recognition, as there might be bogus private clinics around. I guess the flexibility of government allowing private hospitals medical check-up is a good step forward, although its availability might only be limited to bigger cities.

I did my medical check-up in government hospitals, and I would say I manage to go through the whole process quite fast. Do give it a try. Go early (8am) when they open, and that would save you a bunch of time. Avoid Monday morning, as that's usually the pick. Choose either Tues/Wed/Thurs. It is usually less crowded on those days.

In fact, when you get admitted to those universities abroad and they would require you to do medical check-up again, and they would not take private clinic doctors' report.
chenchow is offline   Reply With Quote
JuDy89
Super Junior Member

#5 Old 24-05-2007 Default

so we really cant do medical check up in private clinics?even though having the tibi test in the government hospital?the buku syarat-syarat tawaran did say that we can do medical check up in private clinics though..so is it alright?
JuDy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
nysha

#6 Old 25-05-2007 Default

does the place where u r suppose to do ur medical checkup matter tht much....juz move on...if its to b in the govt hospital...so be it...i m sure jpa has their ownb reasons on y it shuld be conducted there...

btw according to my doctor ppl usually pay pvt clinic to fake their medical report so tht culd be one reason y it shuld be done in the govt hosp...
________
Vermont Marijuana Dispensary

Last edited by nysha; 14-05-2011 at 12:02 PM.
nysha is offline   Reply With Quote
Vint

#7 Old 25-05-2007 Default

How much do we need to pay for the medic checkup??
i heard someone mention that she brought her offer letter there and get to do it for free of charge..
Vint is offline   Reply With Quote
jiaer
Super Junior Member

#8 Old 25-05-2007 Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vint
How much do we need to pay for the medic checkup??
i heard someone mention that she brought her offer letter there and get to do it for free of charge..
free of charge? really?
i went to alor star GH, they asked me to pay RM170.
so, i jus did urine drug n hiv test there, costs RM90.
jiaer is offline   Reply With Quote
capablanca Male
Laziest
Forum Moderator

#9 Old 25-05-2007 Default

Arghh, do we need a blood test for the medical checkup? I am scared of needles
capablanca is offline   Reply With Quote
specialized
Super Junior Member

#10 Old 25-05-2007 Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by capablanca
Arghh, do we need a blood test for the medical checkup? I am scared of needles
O course, blood test is compulsory. They take quite many bloods.. Vert scary 1 you know.. If you're too nervous and the needle 'patah' halfway, lagi scary..

haha. juz relax lar
specialized is offline   Reply With Quote