ReCom.org
Hardware and Software Issues Any issues related to hardware and software should be discussed here

Which laptop is good?

jeremiahtsk Male
Super Junior Member

#381 Old 12-06-2010 Default Re: Which laptop is good?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieChan View Post
i like the fact that Asus has international warranty. so, if the laptop died on you overseas, there's still that waranty unless of couse that warranty has expired larr
Yeap, totally agreed.. Regretted not buying Asus, I've got a HP instead, but I've not much complaint for my current lappie too, save the lack of performance..
jeremiahtsk is offline   Reply With Quote
SpongeBobOct Male
Less Junior Member

#382 Old 12-06-2010 Default Re: Which laptop is good?

What about Toshiba Satellite M500 & Qosmio F60-S530? Which one is greater?
SpongeBobOct is offline   Reply With Quote
The Myth Male
Less Junior Member

#383 Old 12-06-2010 Default Re: Which laptop is good?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremiahtsk View Post
How bout Asus? Anyone ever considered it b4? Good battery life and excellent motherboards for reasonable price.. Thinking of getting an Asus if I can get another comp..
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremiahtsk View Post
Well, for me, weight is not an issue, my top priorities is long life battery and durability of the computer. Guess it all depends on each other's priorities..
Hearsay ASUS laptops cannot operate to their full performance as stated in their market specifications because their graphic and processor performances are lowered to balance the battery life and temperature of the laptop.

Basically I'm an Apple maniac.Recently Apple has released a 13" MacBook pro,I got it at RM3600 after education discount(MacBook should be around RM3000).The battery life can easily reach up to 10 hours.Super cool appearance,super slim unibody design and super fast start up and shut down(around 3 seconds).It operates on Mac OS X snow leopard and it is unsusceptible from most window's virus.Run on Intel core 2 duo(i5 or i7 one around 6-7k),4GB (upgradeable to 8GB) of 1066MHz DDR3 memory(I transfer 3GB of files in 3 minutes),NVIDIA GeForce 320M graphics processor(second tier graphic card capable of playing most modern games at least at medium setting,and able to do highly professional graphic works),Multi-Touch trackpad,supporting inertial scrolling, pinch, rotate, swipe, three-finger swipe, four-finger swipe, tap, double-tap, and drag capabilities..So far I've never heard of any1 regretting for buying MBP.In fact I got addicted to it the 1st day i got it.
Just my 2 cents.

Last edited by The Myth; 12-06-2010 at 02:18 PM.
The Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to The Myth For This Useful Post:
fokero Male

#384 Old 12-06-2010 Default Re: Which laptop is good?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Myth View Post
Basically I'm an Apple maniac.Recently Apple has released a 13" MacBook pro,I got it at RM3600 after education discount(MacBook should be around RM3000).The battery life can easily reach up to 10 hours.Super cool appearance,super slim unibody design and super fast start up and shut down(around 3 seconds).It operates on Mac OS X snow leopard and it is unsusceptible from most window's virus.Run on Intel core duo(i5 or i7 one around 6-7k),4GB (upgradeable to 8GB) of 1066MHz DDR3 memory(I transfer 3GB of files in 3 minutes),NVIDIA GeForce 320M graphics processor(second tier graphic card capable of playing most modern games at least at medium setting,and able to do highly professional graphic works),Multi-Touch trackpad,supporting inertial scrolling, pinch, rotate, swipe, three-finger swipe, four-finger swipe, tap, double-tap, and drag capabilities..So far I've never heard of any1 regretting for buying MBP.In fact I got addicted to it the 1st day i got it.
Just my 2 cents.

OMG. envy u so much macbook is the best among all. it's performance is damn superb. & yeah. cant deny that the appearance of macbook also looks cool. but, it's quite a problem to handle it for a first timer right? it's different from other brands. but the satisfaction is so great.

i want MBP too. btw, education discount?
fokero is offline   Reply With Quote
AnnieChan Female

#385 Old 12-06-2010 Default Re: Which laptop is good?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpongeBobOct View Post
What about Toshiba Satellite M500 & Qosmio F60-S530? Which one is greater?
well, i'm currently using Toshiba Satellite M500.. so far, there doesnt seem to be any problems.
Less Junior Member

#386 Old 12-06-2010 Default Re: Which laptop is good?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fokero View Post
OMG. envy u so much macbook is the best among all. it's performance is damn superb. & yeah. cant deny that the appearance of macbook also looks cool. but, it's quite a problem to handle it for a first timer right? it's different from other brands. but the satisfaction is so great.

i want MBP too. btw, education discount?
Nah,I got used to it very fast,and addicted to the super cool trackpad.Now I tend to do pinching and finger swipe when I use other laptop.Another cool thing is lagging and crashing are super rare cases when it comes to Mac OS X.
Yup,the last promotion Apple gave to college students was a RM300 discount,from ordinary price of RM3899 to RM3599 for students and education staffs like teachers and lecturers.Now,it is even crazier,if you buy a mbp,u'll get an iPod touch(around RM899) for free.But i'm not sure if this promotion is eligible for Malaysian.Anyway you can always check the apple official site.Wish u'll get 1 too...Good stuffs are meant for sharing.
The Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
alter_ego

#387 Old 12-06-2010 Default Re: Which laptop is good?

Free Ipod Touch ?

COOL !!

this is my life.
alter_ego is offline   Reply With Quote
fokero Male

#388 Old 12-06-2010 Default Re: Which laptop is good?

lol. i have to get my own MBP after this.
fokero is offline   Reply With Quote
bekann Male
Less Junior Member

#389 Old 12-06-2010 Default Re: Which laptop is good?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Myth View Post
Nah,I got used to it very fast,and addicted to the super cool trackpad.Now I tend to do pinching and finger swipe when I use other laptop.Another cool thing is lagging and crashing are super rare cases when it comes to Mac OS X.
Yup,the last promotion Apple gave to college students was a RM300 discount,from ordinary price of RM3899 to RM3599 for students and education staffs like teachers and lecturers.Now,it is even crazier,if you buy a mbp,u'll get an iPod touch(around RM899) for free.But i'm not sure if this promotion is eligible for Malaysian.Anyway you can always check the apple official site.Wish u'll get 1 too...Good stuffs are meant for sharing.
No la. Free iPod touch not available in Malaysia. ):
In US, Singapore all got.
bekann is offline   Reply With Quote
alter_ego

#390 Old 12-06-2010 Default Re: Which laptop is good?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bekann View Post
No la. Free iPod touch not available in Malaysia. ):
In US, Singapore all got.
I wish I'm in Singapore now.

this is my life.
alter_ego is offline   Reply With Quote