ReCom.org
Portal Page Forum Wiki Social Groups Scholarship Holders Infobase Site Map About
Go Back   ReCom.org > Forum > ReCom Cafe > Education > Jabatan Perkhidmatan Awam (JPA) Scholarships

Jabatan Perkhidmatan Awam (JPA) Scholarships Everything about scholarships provided by the Public Services Department of Malaysia

No more JPA scholarship for overseas undergraduate studies ?

unsolvedcryptex Male
Slightly Senior Member

#11 Old 14-06-2010 Default Re: No more JPA scholarship for overseas undergraduate studies ?

Aiya, their policy changes all the time.
So hard to figure out what are they thinking.

And Tajaan Tambahan is stopped this year because of this? LOL
Nicholasng925 Male
ReCom Staff
Wiki Contributor

#12 Old 14-06-2010 Default Re: No more JPA scholarship for overseas undergraduate studies ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsolvedcryptex View Post

Cause of they would increase the number of Tajaan Tambahan starting from next year onwards?

1. Out of clutter, find simplicity.
2. From discord, find harmony.
3. In the middle of difficulty, lies opportunity.
=[{Albert Einstein}]=

Feel free to visit my blog here!!!
Nicholasng925 is offline   Reply With Quote
LLCH

#13 Old 14-06-2010 Default Re: No more JPA scholarship for overseas undergraduate studies ?

I would say that it's the ostrich mentality. Hiding their heads in mud to hide from the truth. Most are complaining that the giving of scholarships is rather unfair, and now they no scholarship is given. Is like a child telling his mom that he did not have enough vegetable, so the mom didn't give him any food so that he won't complain. By the way bumis still have Mara scholarship. I won't be surprised if BN continues to lose with this kind of mentality around.
LLCH is offline   Reply With Quote
littlewheatgrass Female

#14 Old 14-06-2010 Default Re: No more JPA scholarship for overseas undergraduate studies ?

By killing the PILN scholarship, in some way, govt has also done a quick-fix to ensure there won't be over-supply of doctor in the near future.

And they mentioned they are still willing to sponsor medical student to do their post graduate medical-specialty degree in oversea under Perdana Scholarship. In other word, do yr basic medical degree local & do yr post-grad overseas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LLCH View Post
I would say that it's the ostrich mentality. Hiding their heads in mud to hide from the truth. Most are complaining that the giving of scholarships is rather unfair, and now they no scholarship is given. Is like a child telling his mom that he did not have enough vegetable, so the mom didn't give him any food so that he won't complain. By the way bumis still have Mara scholarship. I won't be surprised if BN continues to lose with this kind of mentality around.
Mara also mentioned next yr they will only sponsor ivy-league or oxbridge students. To me, Increase the allocation for ivy-league setara will be a fairer approach.

Last edited by littlewheatgrass; 14-06-2010 at 01:36 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
littlewheatgrass is offline   Reply With Quote
acgerlok7 Male
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

#15 Old 14-06-2010 Default Re: No more JPA scholarship for overseas undergraduate studies ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlewheatgrass View Post
. To me, Increase the allocation for ivy-league setara will be a fairer approach.
they r doing tht indeed...chek out what datu Nazri said " those whu got admission into top-unis worldwide eg UNI cambridge or OXford MAY ( CAN) apply for thiis scholarship..its a big and huge hint tht all allocation meant or set for next year PILN initially will alll be transferred to the Tajaan Tambahan section....bcos they do not want to sponsor too many students overseas and in the ned those overseas students perform just above average or mediocre oni...

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsolvedcryptex View Post

this year Tajaan Tambahan did not stop..but its allocation finish edi...but stil der is a long list of ppl applying it...so dey hv to put them on hold.

Last edited by acgerlok7; 14-06-2010 at 01:57 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
acgerlok7 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Myth Male
Less Junior Member

#16 Old 14-06-2010 Default Re: No more JPA scholarship for overseas undergraduate studies ?

"The 1,500 scholarships offered by the Public Service Department (PSD) for undergraduate studies overseas will be phased out from next year."

Phase out?Does that means they will withdraw gradually or discontinue the whole thing drastically?

I'm surprised when most people support this move.I really hope the money will go to better investment like improving local university,I believe the amount of money saved from this approach if used properly will certainly bring a dramatic upswing to our standard of tertiary education.Then I'm happy for my younger siblings.
The Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
littlewheatgrass Female

#17 Old 14-06-2010 Default Re: No more JPA scholarship for overseas undergraduate studies ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by acgerlok7 View Post
they r doing tht indeed...chek out what datu Nazri said " those whu got admission into top-unis worldwide eg UNI cambridge or OXford MAY ( CAN) apply for thiis scholarship..its a big and huge hint tht all allocation meant or set for next year PILN initially will alll be transferred to the Tajaan Tambahan section....bcos they do not want to sponsor too many students overseas and in the ned those overseas students perform just above average or mediocre oni...
The newly re-vamp Yr 2010 Times Education Ranking ( using Reuters statistics) will be release in this Sept-Oct. I predicted Oxbridge, Imperial will still remained in the Top 20 ranking table with possiblity of LSE or more Canada Uni joining the league table. If our govt have no plan to broaden the Top 20 criteria, I afraid those applying for Aust will not be considered...

Last edited by littlewheatgrass; 14-06-2010 at 02:09 PM.
Xon
lazy bunny
Administrator

#18 Old 14-06-2010 Default Re: No more JPA scholarship for overseas undergraduate studies ?

Good point. Refer > http://www.google.com/search?sourcei...ine:+phase+out

I am neutral (no personal stand yet) as long as the money saved can be used properly to develop the "soft skills" under high transparency.

Federation of Malaysia is formed by Sarawak, North Borneo, Malaya (and Singapore) by 16 Sept 1963. It has nothing to do with 31 Aug 1957. Just saying.
Xon is offline   Reply With Quote
orthopod

#19 Old 14-06-2010 Default Re: No more JPA scholarship for overseas undergraduate studies ?

if they want to give tajaan tambahan then it has got to be strictly for the real ivy league schools o nly la..if wanna give for unis like edinburgh.that is a load of crap..its no where near ivy league standard..so how many can get in to oxbridge..hahaha..
orthopod is offline   Reply With Quote
littlewheatgrass Female

#20 Old 14-06-2010 Default Re: No more JPA scholarship for overseas undergraduate studies ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Myth View Post
"The 1,500 scholarships offered by the Public Service Department (PSD) for undergraduate studies overseas will be phased out from next year."

Phase out?Does that means they will withdraw gradually or discontinue the whole thing drastically?

I'm surprised when most people support this move.I really hope the money will go to better investment like improving local university,I believe the amount of money saved from this approach if used properly will certainly bring a dramatic upswing to our standard of tertiary education.Then I'm happy for my younger siblings.
The Govt is already investing heavily in the local Uni, sadly, once they opt for political popularity & willing to compromise on the quality of student & teaching staff, don't expect the best result.

Quote:
Originally Posted by orthopod View Post
if they want to give tajaan tambahan then it has got to be strictly for the real ivy league schools o nly la..if wanna give for unis like edinburgh.that is a load of crap..its no where near ivy league standard..so how many can get in to oxbridge..hahaha..
If they hv Vet Medicine in Oxford, UCL or Imperial, then i would hv apply and not let you laugh at me going to Edinburgh

Last edited by littlewheatgrass; 14-06-2010 at 02:15 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost