ReCom.org
Jabatan Perkhidmatan Awam (JPA) Scholarships Everything about scholarships provided by the Public Services Department of Malaysia

JPA India bound students here!!!...

rocky2009 Male
Less Junior Member

#311 Old 14-06-2010 Default Re: JPA India bound students here!!!...

Quote:
Originally Posted by chalkamaniac View Post
oo...nice to meet u guys... i haven;t decided to accept it yet though...i'm in such a dilemma... i'm hoping to be able to change to pidn... i really dun wanna be away from home for 5 yrs!! dats just too long...

another question : wat happens if jpa made an error in the course u wanted?? my twin sis applied for law but she gt medicine (pidn) instead...i think ged knows her... she was in PKTR too...
then why in the 1st place did you apply for piln? do you know how many would give eye and tooth for your place? or maybe it's because you got india and not ireland or uk or australia?
rocky2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
george1209 Male
Less Junior Member

#312 Old 14-06-2010 Default Re: JPA India bound students here!!!...

Quote:
oo...nice to meet u guys... i haven;t decided to accept it yet though...i'm in such a dilemma... i'm hoping to be able to change to pidn... i really dun wanna be away from home for 5 yrs!! dats just too long...

another question : wat happens if jpa made an error in the course u wanted?? my twin sis applied for law but she gt medicine (pidn) instead...i think ged knows her... she was in PKTR too...
just think back twice your choice..if you really want to be a doctor , you should really know that the pros and cons of it..Be a doctor have to sacrifice a lot , not just away from home for 5 years studies..you'll away from home when you are a doctor ,sitting in the hospital ,treating your patients..
everythings have it own hardness , study in India need to learn their language which mainly a problems for me..But yet , i've given the chance to learn more..(btw, do their language same as the tamil ?- -''' )
And, you are not allowed to change to pidn/any other course since i heard from others that it stated in the contract..So, think back twice.. maybe you will found your answer soon^^..be cheers

*for your twin sis cases, i have no idea on it..maybe she should call jpa up..
(i just saw one case in jpa result survey thread, one recommer said his friend having same problem as your twin sis ,but his friend manage to change it ..so call up jpa~)

Last edited by george1209; 14-06-2010 at 11:16 PM.
george1209 is offline   Reply With Quote
chalkamaniac Female
Super Junior Member

#313 Old 15-06-2010 Default Re: JPA India bound students here!!!...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocky2009 View Post
then why in the 1st place did you apply for piln? do you know how many would give eye and tooth for your place? or maybe it's because you got india and not ireland or uk or australia?
i actually applied for it coz i was hoping for d twinning prog in manipal, melaka... (i'm from there)... n dun get me wrong, i am thankful, but everyone has their own way of living, n i'm pretty attached to my family...

Quote:
Originally Posted by george1209 View Post
just think back twice your choice..if you really want to be a doctor , you should really know that the pros and cons of it..Be a doctor have to sacrifice a lot , not just away from home for 5 years studies..you'll away from home when you are a doctor ,sitting in the hospital ,treating your patients..
everythings have it own hardness , study in India need to learn their language which mainly a problems for me..But yet , i've given the chance to learn more..(btw, do their language same as the tamil ?- -''' )
And, you are not allowed to change to pidn/any other course since i heard from others that it stated in the contract..So, think back twice.. maybe you will found your answer soon^^..be cheers

*for your twin sis cases, i have no idea on it..maybe she should call jpa up..
(i just saw one case in jpa result survey thread, one recommer said his friend having same problem as your twin sis ,but his friend manage to change it ..so call up jpa~)
okay...thx for ur opinion...n btw, i think dat most of the students in the uni wud be able to speak basic english in india ... i think so... but anyway, i think diff districts have diff dialects...

okay... we've been trying to contact them but there's been no answer so far...we'll keep on trying...nice meeting u anyway...might be meeting up at KTT...

"Doctors spend a lot of time focused on the future, planning it, working toward it. But at some point you start to realize your life is happening now. Not after med school, not after residency, right now. This is it. It's here. Blink and you'll miss it." -Meredith Grey
chalkamaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
george1209 Male
Less Junior Member

#314 Old 15-06-2010 Default Re: JPA India bound students here!!!...

Quote:
i actually applied for it coz i was hoping for d twinning prog in manipal, melaka... (i'm from there)... n dun get me wrong, i am thankful, but everyone has their own way of living, n i'm pretty attached to my family...

okay...thx for ur opinion...n btw, i think dat most of the students in the uni wud be able to speak basic english in india ... i think so... but anyway, i think diff districts have diff dialects...

okay... we've been trying to contact them but there's been no answer so far...we'll keep on trying...nice meeting u anyway...might be meeting up at KTT...

yup,most of student might speak english there, we given the chance for learning their language because we need it when we having our practical ,because most of the people there do not understand english^^
george1209 is offline   Reply With Quote
rocky2009 Male
Less Junior Member

#315 Old 15-06-2010 Default Re: JPA India bound students here!!!...

Quote:
It's up to you I guess but in my opinion the 1st year away from your family will be the worst. 2 1/2 years in india for MMC would be pretty bad as well in your case.

Another point to consider is, as far as perception goes, an indian medical degree is more prestigious and recognised than the MMC one, correct me if I'm wrong.

Also, since you have thought of rejecting it, this means you are quite wealthy. Most students who can afford it can come back twice a year so it would not be that bad.

Miracle seed, could you kindly help me with the following :
1. Do we apply for an ATM card once we reach there? This is in case I need some extra cash from my parents. Is there a bank or ATM machine in the campus itself?
2. Is there a money changer on campus?
3. On the website they say it's compulsory to sign up with a food court. But in the offer letter I got from manipal, this is not mentioned.
4. How much does a simple meal like noodles or fried rice cost in RM?
Miracle_seed
Super Moderator
Forum Moderator

#316 Old 15-06-2010 Default Re: JPA India bound students here!!!...

Quote:
IMiracle seed, could you kindly help me with the following :
1. Do we apply for an ATM card once we reach there? This is in case I need some extra cash from my parents. Is there a bank or ATM machine in the campus itself?
2. Is there a money changer on campus?
3. On the website they say it's compulsory to sign up with a food court. But in the offer letter I got from manipal, this is not mentioned.
4. How much does a simple meal like noodles or fried rice cost in RM?
1. You will open bank account and it comes with ATM card, though it might need as long as 21 working days for your account to be active last time. Yes, there are many banks around the campus, as well as ATM machine, though none of them is international bank that you can find in Malaysia.
2. Yes.
3. It is not compulsory for students in Manipal campus to sign up for mess. You can eat anywhere you want.
4. A fried noodles/fried rice costs Rs.45 the cheapest and may reach up to Rs.90 in high-end restaurants. On average it would be Rs.50-70. A rice meal with chicken, egg and vegetables (mainly cabbage or beans) costs Rs.65-75 in food court, if the price remains the same now.

Miracles happen everyday
Miracle_seed is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Miracle_seed For This Useful Post:
rocky2009 Male
Less Junior Member

#317 Old 15-06-2010 Default Re: JPA India bound students here!!!...

Some more questions (sorry, seem to ask the most questions!) :

1. how many long holiday breaks a year? when are the breaks and how many weeks for each holiday?

2. when jpa flies us to bangalore, do they also provide a connecting flight to mangalore? do we have to stay a night in bangalore? if so, we wait at the airport or they give us a hotel?

3. how do we get from mangalore to manipal?

thanks once again
Miracle_seed
Super Moderator
Forum Moderator

#318 Old 15-06-2010 Default Re: JPA India bound students here!!!...

Quote:
Some more questions (sorry, seem to ask the most questions!) :

1. how many long holiday breaks a year? when are the breaks and how many weeks for each holiday?

2. when jpa flies us to bangalore, do they also provide a connecting flight to mangalore? do we have to stay a night in bangalore? if so, we wait at the airport or they give us a hotel?

3. how do we get from mangalore to manipal?

thanks once again
1. To answer this question I guess I need to know if you are going to MCODS or KMC.
2. Yes, and you will stay at hotel overnight in Bangalore, the hotel and transport would be arranged by JPA, by the money would come from your own pocket, it should cost about Rs.2000.
3.University would send a bus to pick you all up from Mangalore airport.

Miracles happen everyday
Miracle_seed is offline   Reply With Quote
rocky2009 Male
Less Junior Member

#319 Old 15-06-2010 Default Re: JPA India bound students here!!!...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miracle_seed View Post
1. To answer this question I guess I need to know if you are going to MCODS or KMC.
MCODS

But would like to know the holidays for both please.
The Myth Male
Less Junior Member

#320 Old 15-06-2010 Default Re: JPA India bound students here!!!...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miracle_seed View Post
4. A fried noodles/fried rice costs Rs.45 the cheapest and may reach up to Rs.90 in high-end restaurants. On average it would be Rs.50-70. A rice meal with chicken, egg and vegetables (mainly cabbage or beans) costs Rs.65-75 in food court, if the price remains the same now.
USD 500 after minus rental and food really not that much to the extent that we can enjoy life and have a Euro trip in our break like what we've been told.
I'm not sure this'd been asked.Are we(or can we) pay the rental by installments?Can we survive if we depend solely on the money that we'll be given by JPA in the 1st few months if we aren't bringing any pocket money there,in your personal opinion?
The Myth is offline   Reply With Quote