ReCom.org
Jabatan Perkhidmatan Awam (JPA) Scholarships Everything about scholarships provided by the Public Services Department of Malaysia

Q&A about Life in INTEC 2010

runninghorse

#1 Old 22-05-2010 Default Q&A about Life in INTEC 2010

Once again congratulation to those of you who are selected for the government scholarship. I know you guys are pretty excited right now. Haha...

However, when it comes to the enrolment process into your respective preU college, it can be very daunting. Not to mention when it's the first time you hear about the college you are going to, especially INTEC, which is very less known by general people out there

This thread is created with the purpose to answer all your queries you have regarding the enrolment process, form filling (when you get it later on), college life and anything about INTEC. It also serves as a platform for you guys to meet each other and discuss various issues regarding your future preU study at INTEC. Of course, you can always refer to the relevant sections in Recom Wiki before that. If you query is not answered there, feel free to ask here.

Oh btw, I was a previous AUSMAT student in INTEC. Currently is studying Pharmacy in Australia. Therefore, there are certain limitations in terms of my capability to answer questions related to other preU course like A level and ADFP. But I am sure there are many seniors in ReCom who would be able to help you out with those.

Last but not least, for all of you who are going to embark on your journey in INTEC later on, welcome on board and all the best to your study later on
runninghorse is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to runninghorse For This Useful Post:
vseehua
The Student
Administrator

#2 Old 22-05-2010 Default Re: Collection of New INTEC students 2010

*Shameless self-plugging.* Do check out the ReCom Wiki article on Cemara and Akasia before asking questions here in this thread.

Changed title of the thread. This thread shall be used to ask questions and provide answers for students who are going to INTEC in July. Unnecessary posts like "Who else is going to join the same course as me?" and questions which was answered before in the thread will be removed without notice.

As a courtesy to the others, I request that you also add information which is not in the wiki before to the article. It will go a long long way in keeping this forum clean, and all information easily accessible to the others

It is always good to be naive, for when we cease to be naive, it is the end of life as we know it!

Check out our ReCom wiki!
Do contribute by writing or editing the existing articles so that everyone now and in the future can benefit from it!

Last edited by vseehua; 22-05-2010 at 10:01 AM.
vseehua is offline   Reply With Quote
tracy12 Female
Super Junior Member

#3 Old 22-05-2010 Default Re: Q&A about life in INTEC 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by runninghorse View Post
Once again congratulation to those of you who are selected for the government scholarship. I know you guys are pretty excited right now. Haha...

However, when it comes to the enrolment process into your respective preU college, it can be very daunting. Not to mention when it's the first time you hear about the college you are going to, especially INTEC, which is very less known by general people out there

This thread is created with the purpose to answer all your queries you have regarding the enrolment process, form filling (when you get it later on), college life and anything about INTEC. It also serves as a platform for you guys to meet each other and discuss various issues regarding your future preU study at INTEC. Of course, you can always refer to the relevant sections in Recom Wiki before that. If you query is not answered there, feel free to ask here.

Oh btw, I was a previous AUSMAT student in INTEC. Currently is studying Pharmacy in Australia. Therefore, there are certain limitations in terms of my capability to answer questions related to other preU course like A level and ADFP. But I am sure there are many seniors in ReCom who would be able to help you out with those.

Last but not least, for all of you who are going to embark on your journey in INTEC later on, welcome on board and all the best to your study later on
hi nice to 'meet' u
i m the scholar for 2010
n i think i will b takin the same course as u
ausmat(1.5 yrs) intec australia pharmacy
sooooooooo happy to c u
can u tell me more abt ausmat programme
how is it?
y r the differenses btwn sam n ausmat??
r u still studyin in australia now??
o u had graduated ady??
ten can tell me which university v will go after ausmat??
tracy12 is offline   Reply With Quote
ayja
ReCom Staff
Wiki Contributor

#4 Old 22-05-2010 Default Re: Q&A about life in INTEC 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracy12 View Post
hi nice to 'meet' u
i m the scholar for 2010
sooooooooo happy to c u
how is it?
o u had graduated ady??
Hi.
AUSMAT (at INTEC) is equivalent to SAM in Taylor's/INTI. It's by the SACE board, and it's the South Australian Year 12 syllabus.
For more info on the AUSMAT Programme, you can visit the AUSMAT/SAM thread here (remember you're looking at the SOUTH AUSTRALIAN programme, not the western australia AUSMAT (that's in sunway/KBU))
Yes RunningHorse is studying at Australia, and she has yet to graduate.
Which university you attend will basically depend on your results, and where your sponsor posts you to.
If you meet the min requirements for TER and IELTS by the universities, you can choose from the list of recognised unis (via the agent - IDP). At the end of it all, once you get your results, your sponsor will assign the uni that you will go to. Most of the time you will get your choice (if I'm not mistaken, you can select up to 8 unis in the order of preference) and you will most likely get your first choice.
If not - you will be assigned a uni.
But all unis are good, just depends on where the unis are - and which one suits your lifestyle =)

Ten-ants!
ayja is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ayja For This Useful Post:
Young Male
ReCom Staff
ReMag Writer

#5 Old 22-05-2010 Default Re: Q&A about life in INTEC 2010

Quote:
hi nice to 'meet' u
i m the scholar for 2010
sooooooooo happy to c u
how is it?
o u had graduated ady??
Pardon my intrusion but can you please not use SMS language?

It pains me to see the English language being violated in this manner... And it pains me even more to know that the culprit is a scholar and soon-to-be an ambassador for all Malaysian students.
YPing Male
Less Junior Member

#6 Old 22-05-2010 Default Re: Q&A about life in INTEC 2010

Listen up guys
I'm currently studying AUSMAT programme in INTEC and also the assistant sec of student association board
For ur info, juniors who are going to enrol themselves for the coming weeks need to be informed that the subjects and syllabus of AUSMAT will be slightly changed compared to the previous years
Juniors who are about to study AUSMAT will be further explained during the enrolment week. Juz be prepared. Dun worry too much
YPing is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to YPing For This Useful Post:
pinky Female
Less Junior Member

#7 Old 22-05-2010 Default Re: Q&A about life in INTEC 2010

hi,

i'm going to INTEC for new zealand pharmacy.
may i know the syllibus for AUSMAT INTEC new zealand pharmacy?
is it the same for all AUSMAT students or different for each country?
can we change the country?
pinky is offline   Reply With Quote
YPing Male
Less Junior Member

#8 Old 22-05-2010 Default Re: Q&A about life in INTEC 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinky View Post
hi,

i'm going to INTEC for new zealand pharmacy.
may i know the syllibus for AUSMAT INTEC new zealand pharmacy?
is it the same for all AUSMAT students or different for each country?
can we change the country?
Hey junior,
I'm studying the same course and country as u
the syllabus will be totally the same as those australia's bound
AUSMAT students are all taking the similar tests under SACE board
Why u wnt to change country??
New Zealand is best for its study environment and tranquil atmosphere
We all noe that thr is only one uni that will accept international students pursuing pharmac degree...but take it easy, dun ever compare to any other countries...it is always the best if we look at the positive side of it
YPing is offline   Reply With Quote
runninghorse

#9 Old 22-05-2010 Default Re: Q&A about life in INTEC 2010

Quote:
hi nice to 'meet' u
i m the scholar for 2010
sooooooooo happy to c u
how is it?
o u had graduated ady??
Wow! That's lot of questions posted to me at one time. I can see you are excited about your future study

Basically ayja has answered you most of the questions on my behalf so I guess I dont have to repeat them again. But there's one thing I would like to correct here. At the end of AUSMAT before final exam, all Australia bound students are required to submit a preference list of 3 universities to IDP (the education agent JPA uses to assist in the application process into Australia universities). What I heard is that (not sure whether it is true) if your final result is great, your sponsor will allocate you to your first choice university.

For pharmacy to Australia, there are a total of 6 universities offering this course: University of Sydney, University of Queensland, Monash University, Curtin University of Technology, University of South Australia and University of Tasmania. I am currently in Curtin University of Technology

If you have further questions, feel free to send me private messages or you can also post it up here so that all of you can discuss it together.
runninghorse is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to runninghorse For This Useful Post:
chaiyeen Female
Less Junior Member

#10 Old 22-05-2010 Default Re: Q&A about Life in INTEC 2010

I'm also going to INTEC for AUSMAT this July, looking forward to meet you guys there!
Anyway, I've read the Recom Wiki About Intec and was stunned by the dress codes. I'm just wondering if the dress code is really strict? (Especially the rule where your top must cover your butt O_O)
chaiyeen is offline   Reply With Quote