ReCom.org
Portal Page Forum Wiki Social Groups Scholarship Holders Infobase Site Map About
Go Back   ReCom.org > Forum > ReCom Cafe > Debates

Debates Nothing senseless here. Argue your points and stands here.

Are Women Bad Drivers?

iQing

#1 Old 28-06-2005 Default Are Women Bad Drivers?

Many people say so and I have come across this blog entry :

http://skay.blogdrive.com/archive/99.html
nwx86
Less Junior Member

#2 Old 28-06-2005 Default

That is a very general statement. I disagree. Women can drive as well as men. Well, perhaps there are exceptions which include men as well. Some men have to retake their driving tests several times before getting their licence.
nwx86 is offline   Reply With Quote
iQing

#3 Old 28-06-2005 Default

I have not come to the conclusion whether the statement is true or not but from people's personal experiences, they make such a conclusion.

----------------

IMO there is certain truth behind it.

Compare to men, women's spatial intelligence is weaker (both have different brain structures)
and that might cause women to be a bad driver.

I think some women are indecisive.
Hence women might not be able to drive very well compare to men.
cra
Less Junior Member

#4 Old 28-06-2005 Default

i've not much experience on the road as i've only obtained my driving license last year. but i've encountered and seen many woman drivers, some even tend to drive recklessly. yeah maybe not all women were bad drivers but cases of bad woman drivers are just too many. like how they tend to make all those silly and annoying mistakes. while some will drive slowly and carefully (that's good) but will still make the same mistake when there's a situation.

i dont know, i dont think women were only the bad drivers, nowdays youngster tend to drive recklessly too. i mean. bah just look around, and with the recent release of initial d movie, i dont think the situation could get better. it's stupid, obviously all of them dont know about their vehicles and they're already trying out stunts and think that they're cool like the action movie drivers. while most of them dont even know how the physics of a vehicle work, the parts, the safety and all. i think they've been watching of too much tv.

or maybe all of this happened only in malaysia?
cra is offline   Reply With Quote
iQing

#5 Old 28-06-2005 Default

Malaysian drivers should learn from the Germans.

The Germans are so skilled at driving that it is not a problem for them to park thier cars at gear 4 and they are CIVIC MINDED and POLITE.
astraltruist
Less Junior Member

#6 Old 28-06-2005 Default

in my opinion, not all men are good drivers and not all women are bad drivers. i have encountered bad female drivers that pisses me off(with lousy driving skills) and ruthless male drivers, they just tend to speed and show off their ego..

i have encountered good female drivers as well. they are even more skillful than males in terms of parking skills..
astraltruist is offline   Reply With Quote
iQing

#7 Old 28-06-2005 Default

I have seen male drivers showing off thier middle fingers to others.

Have you seen rude female driver before?
cra
Less Junior Member

#8 Old 28-06-2005 Default

yeah CIVIC MINDED, that's the word.

and STUPIDITY too, to describe most malaysian drivers.
cra
Less Junior Member

#9 Old 28-06-2005 Default

female drivers will scratch ur car if they get the chance.
iQing

#10 Old 28-06-2005 Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cra
yeah CIVIC MINDED, that's the word.

and STUPIDITY too, to describe most malaysian drivers.
michael Cheung once said about the road bullies.

sometimes the person who injures the others is the victim because the people who got beaten is very rude and unfair to others...
that is why they got beaten.

and michael cheung himself said he encountered rude female driver who angers others.