ReCom.org
Window to the World Discussions of global issues and latest news.

State of the world.

PJKru

#1 Old 16-02-2006 Default State of the world.

Having spoken with a guy i have asked them what is wrong with the world. They seem to think that the problem is due to people not having enough love in their hearts. Why is society getting worse do you think? Do you think its to do with people losing their values. lets face it fifty years ago you would have never heard of a stabbing, etc. What can we do to make the world a better place.
PJKru is offline   Reply With Quote
Thirdshifter
Super Moderator
Forum Moderator

#2 Old 16-02-2006 Default Re: Is your heart cold?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJKru
Having spoken with a guy i have asked them what is wrong with the world. They seem to think that the problem is due to people not having enough love in their hearts. Why is society getting worse do you think? Do you think its to do with people losing their values. lets face it fifty years ago you would have never heard of a stabbing, etc. What can we do to make the world a better place.
Your a Muslim, right?

If so, have you read the Quran?

If so, Have you forgotten the part where Adams Son was the first murderer?

Also, before the invention of Guns, People used swords.

Also, to say that there way no stabbing in 1950 is absolutely wrong.

Also, there are 6 billion people in this world today.. atleast! and less then 1% had murdered somebody.

Also, you need to take it easy..

Also, you need to get laid.
Thirdshifter is offline   Reply With Quote
DecentMerson

#3 Old 16-02-2006 Default Re: Is your heart cold?

Quote:
seeing is believing... how true?? i've no idea... but in the age of the internet and mass media boom(cable tv, satellite tv... what not), where (overwhelmingly abundant)information is available easily, we need to be smarter when reading and seeing things... how true is the clip that we watch, izzit an exception, or the case? how reliable is the sources? how true when the 'true' story said it's based on a true story? how much fact or fiction is in the story? how biased is the reporting... (even news reporting can be so biased nowadays...) try reading newsreport of a controversial issue between Malaysia and Singapore on both sides' paper... it's hilarious to see how a single case can have completely opposite reportings...

so, fifty years ago, you would completely never heard of a stabbing(which is totally false...) might be just because of the lack of information technology back then... not reporting does not equal not happening... just like trying to get information from Burma... u know what's happening in there?? not much... but, does that mean that nothing is happening there??? definitely not...

society is getting worse?? in what sense?? how so??? that's my questions... my observations are that parents are not as strict as before... and less time spent with children by the parents are always substituted with buying them physical materials... and children are showing less respect to the parents as compared to before... (not so sure whether this is only happening to ppl around me, or this is the social norm in general...)

back then, children never raise their voices when being scolded by their parents... nowadays, it's a totally different story... at least that's what I've seen so far...
DecentMerson is offline   Reply With Quote
__earth Male

#4 Old 17-02-2006 Default

As a gamer, I must expound that we are living in a better world! There was no Warcraft 50 years ago!
da-hype

#5 Old 17-02-2006 Default Re: Is your heart cold?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thirdshifter
Quote:
Your a Muslim, right?

If so, have you read the Quran?

If so, Have you forgotten the part where Adams Son was the first murderer?

Also, before the invention of Guns, People used swords.

Also, to say that there way no stabbing in 1950 is absolutely wrong.

Also, there are 6 billion people in this world today.. atleast! and less then 1% had murdered somebody.

Also, you need to take it easy..

Also, you need to get laid.
lol, funny how u remind him about Adam's story.. then go on and tell him to get laid...
Thirdshifter
Super Moderator
Forum Moderator

#6 Old 17-02-2006 Default Re: Is your heart cold?

Quote:
Originally Posted by da-hype

lol, funny how u remind him about Adam's story.. then go on and tell him to get laid...
Well.. that can be interpreted .. DIY
Thirdshifter is offline   Reply With Quote
da-hype

#7 Old 17-02-2006 Default

hehehe
PJKru

#8 Old 17-02-2006 Default

let me tell you something. ten or fifteen years ago the world was a better place. I came from a certain area and back then it wasnt half as bad as it is now. Nowadays there are stabbings, all kinds of things going on. Even where there are cameras people still get bad. And picture this. There was two or three people stabbed the other day in a place and it didnt even come out in the radio, tv, or newspaper. And according to the person i was speaking to the other day there were two or three other people stabbed the other night as well. I dont know about you but i think this world is going crazy. T

his guy i was talking to as well, seems to think that media plays a big influence in human behavior. All of the violent music that you listen to and violence that you watch is imitated by these criminals. I know we've been through this but this guy seems to know what hes talking about.
__earth Male

#9 Old 17-02-2006 Default

let me tell you something, 15 years ago, the Berlin Wall was still up. there was no CS too!
PJKru

#10 Old 17-02-2006 Default

It could be argued that communism wasnt such a bad thing for some people. But communism is not for me. At least it kept the crime elements in check. Now in eastern europe there are lots of gangs exploiting women.

And what is CS?(crime statistics?)