ReCom.org
Portal Page Forum Wiki Social Groups Scholarship Holders Infobase Site Map About
Go Back   ReCom.org > Forum > ReCom Cafe > Education > Matriculation

Matriculation All threads about matriculation (matrikulasi) belong here.

Matric Physical Science Can Go To Medic?

destroyer
Less Junior Member

#1 Old 28-04-2008 Default Matric Physical Science Can Go To Medic?

is it true that matriculation physical science student can go into medic in IPTA?
destroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
hfz
Less Junior Member

#2 Old 28-04-2008 Default

I don't think so since a Medical course requires Biology.
hfz is offline   Reply With Quote
destroyer
Less Junior Member

#3 Old 28-04-2008 Default

actually. you can check for USM MD program. they state that we can enter with either bio or physic.

but i need someone to confirm on that. whether we can really enter using physic or not

Last edited by destroyer; 29-04-2008 at 12:02 AM.
sherenesheep
Slightly Senior Member

#4 Old 29-04-2008 Default

i think its best to do bio.. cuz medic IS about the human anatomy.. phys has nth to do with human anatomy

Yesterday is history, and tomorrow a mystery, but today, is a gift. That is why it is called the present.
sherenesheep is offline   Reply With Quote
vseehua
The Student
Administrator

#5 Old 29-04-2008 Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherenesheep View Post
i think its best to do bio.. cuz medic IS about the human anatomy.. phys has nth to do with human anatomy
You, my dear, are as far from the truth as you can go...

It is always good to be naive, for when we cease to be naive, it is the end of life as we know it!

Check out our ReCom wiki!
Do contribute by writing or editing the existing articles so that everyone now and in the future can benefit from it!
vseehua is offline   Reply With Quote
sherenesheep
Slightly Senior Member

#6 Old 29-04-2008 Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vseehua View Post
You, my dear, are as far from the truth as you can go...
am i?? i stand corrected.. mayb i shud rephrase my sentences.. anyway, wad i was tryin to say that medic has more to do with bio than phys...

is this sentence rite or am i jz wrong wrong wrong again??

Yesterday is history, and tomorrow a mystery, but today, is a gift. That is why it is called the present.
sherenesheep is offline   Reply With Quote
vseehua
The Student
Administrator

#7 Old 29-04-2008 Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherenesheep View Post
am i?? i stand corrected.. mayb i shud rephrase my sentences.. anyway, wad i was tryin to say that medic has more to do with bio than phys...

is this sentence rite or am i jz wrong wrong wrong again??
Without physics you will have a hard time understanding how the bones break for any cause at all and how to position them correctly back together...

And without physics, you will have a hard time imagining how the blood flows throughout the body...

and if you are still unsure, biology is built upon physics for understanding...

It is always good to be naive, for when we cease to be naive, it is the end of life as we know it!

Check out our ReCom wiki!
Do contribute by writing or editing the existing articles so that everyone now and in the future can benefit from it!
vseehua is offline   Reply With Quote
Glassylicious Female
The Iron Fist
Chief Editor of ReMag
Administrator

#8 Old 29-04-2008 Default

Oh dear me.

A common misconception is that Biology is required to do medicine. It is not.

What's important is your Math and Chem. Some places even ask for Physics. I'm not sure about IPTA, but from my experience in looking at other universities' subject requirements, Bio is not a compulsory subject.

Friend: "I've discovered something that's even better than sitting on a chair and spinning on it -- sitting on a chair BACKWARDS and spinning on it!" *spins around in glee*

Compliment yourself today!
Glassylicious is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Glassylicious For This Useful Post:
yana89

#9 Old 29-04-2008 Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by destroyer View Post
is it true that matriculation physical science student can go into medic in IPTA?
there has been cases..infact 14 students last batch from mtrix melaka..(source from my fwen who studied there) got medic...although they were physical students...but i think starting from this year on..for those who wants to take medic it is compulsary for them to take bio..not sure r...
yana89 is offline   Reply With Quote
destroyer
Less Junior Member

#10 Old 29-04-2008 Default

the only course that require bio is MBBS program in UM if i'm not mistaken.

for MD program in UKM, UPM, and USM don't require bio. either physic or bio. well, this is stated in their program requirement. just that, i don't know the real fact whether bio is really required to enter their program. mybe they stated that can enter either with physic or bio, but, actually they do require bio. that's what i want to know.

wanna ask. do studying bio in f4/f5 and in matric help me when i'm doing medic course?

Last edited by destroyer; 29-04-2008 at 07:59 AM.