ReCom.org
Portal Page Forum Wiki Social Groups Scholarship Holders Infobase Site Map About
Go Back   ReCom.org > Forum > ReCom Cafe > Education > SPM & STPM

SPM & STPM Post questions on SPM and STPM topics ONLY.

STPM Further Maths 2009

Scrmath Male

#91 Old 29-06-2009 Default Re: STPM Further Maths 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by markwongsk View Post
What about as the 6th Subject?
bio..lolz..
Scrmath is offline   Reply With Quote
PsyMaths Male
Super Junior Member

#92 Old 30-06-2009 Default Re: STPM Further Maths 2009

Quote:
What about as the 6th Subject?
STPM max 5 subjects, how come got 6?

#93 Old 30-06-2009 Default Re: STPM Further Maths 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsyMaths View Post
But i heard b4 sumbody get 6 A's for a lvl,i seen it in my taylors magazine i think..
Scrmath is offline   Reply With Quote
Boyz_Zoo Male
Lord of Spams 2009
Wiki Contributor

#94 Old 30-06-2009 Default Re: STPM Further Maths 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsyMaths View Post
I think what that fellow is referring is STPM actually can take up until 6 subjects. The extra one is MUET though it is not counted in one's GCPA.
Developer

#95 Old 01-07-2009 Default Re: STPM Further Maths 2009

actually it's a joke STPM max can only take 5 subjects (excluding MUET)... But I mean there are those who would have liked to take FM as a 6th subject (me, for example). However, due to the subject limitations, I was forced to take triple science and do without FM ... I really like mathematics
markwongsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Eurytos Male

#96 Old 01-07-2009 Default Re: STPM Further Maths 2009

Quote:
actually it's a joke STPM max can only take 5 subjects (excluding MUET)... But I mean there are those who would have liked to take FM as a 6th subject (me, for example). However, due to the subject limitations, I was forced to take triple science and do without FM ... I really like mathematics
Haha mark not everyone gets your joke lar LOL. It sure is funny to see the forumers debating over 6th subject in STPM !!! : )

Sure can take 6th subject, go back SPM can take 10 some more !!

Oh yeah a tip for Further Maths candidates out there, if you want to score an A in FM and not a paper flat, focus on statistic and ignore number theory. This strategy normally works because statistics has a guaranteed 50 / 200 marks allocation while number theory had 4 marks only last year ??
Johnivan Male

#97 Old 03-07-2009 Default Re: STPM Further Maths 2009

Hey everybody, I'm back after a long while...

At last, I'm done with the whole Further Maths T Syllabus. I did all the exercises, and now I had to leave it aside to focus more on my physics and chemistry...

I couldn't believe that Correlation and Regression is easy, I thought that all the chapters are supposed to be hard...

I agree with Eurytos, saying that i should focus more on the statistic parts, because not only are they relatively easy, but they consists of most marks in Paper 2.

Talking about number theory, it is the hardest part of mathematics that i have encountered, so far... It took me a few days to get the appropriate info from the net, and to understand it...

Just a question for the FMT seniors: What are you all studying now? Does the FMT help YOu?

A few links worth checking out:
My Life Story
Further Mathematics T Blog (2003-2011 Syllabus)
Johnivan is offline   Reply With Quote
markwongsk Male
Developer

#98 Old 04-07-2009 Default Re: STPM Further Maths 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnivan View Post

At last, I'm done with the whole Further Maths T Syllabus. I did all the exercises, and now I had to leave it aside to focus more on my physics and chemistry...

I couldn't believe that Correlation and Regression is easy, I thought that all the chapters are supposed to be hard...

I agree with Eurytos, saying that i should focus more on the statistic parts, because not only are they relatively easy, but they consists of most marks in Paper 2.

Talking about number theory, it is the hardest part of mathematics that i have encountered, so far... It took me a few days to get the appropriate info from the net, and to understand it...

Just a question for the FMT seniors: What are you all studying now? Does the FMT help YOu?
Correlation and Regression are just Maths (S) and more statistics... so easier >_< Graph theory, number theory more difficult, IMO lar
markwongsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Eurytos Male

#99 Old 04-07-2009 Default Re: STPM Further Maths 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnivan View Post

Studying physics now and in one month going off to study physics again Haha. Anyway number theory last year only got 4 marks out of 200 so insignificant.

Regarding your second question about how FM T helps in the future, i think it depends on what course you plan to take. Lets say you study Law then i don't think you will be using any part of it !! XD On a more serious note, most undergraduate degrees will involve a few chapters in FMT. Physics for instance will have 2nd order differential equations, complex numbers using De Moivre's Theorem and regression / correlation etc.
Programming will also involve graph theory to map routes in how to program stuff. I have only seen my friends use it lar, but how exactly it works not so sure.

#100 Old 08-08-2009 Default Re: STPM Further Maths 2009

Hi everyone, It's a long time since i left this thread... Now i got a question for the seniors:

How do you show your complete workings for this question?

12x = 20 (mod 28 )

Thanks...

A few links worth checking out:
My Life Story
Further Mathematics T Blog (2003-2011 Syllabus)
Johnivan is offline   Reply With Quote