ReCom.org
Portal Page Forum Wiki Social Groups Scholarship Holders Infobase Site Map About
Go Back   ReCom.org > Forum > ReCom Cafe > Education > SPM & STPM

SPM & STPM Post questions on SPM and STPM topics ONLY.

STPM Further Maths 2009

Johnivan Male

#31 Old 07-02-2009 Default Re: STPM Further Maths 2009

Hey seniors, i got some questions:

How do you solve the questions on loci in 3D in the past year papers?
Where do you learn them from?
And, how do i "show that" two lines or two planes are coincidental?
Johnivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Eurytos Male

#32 Old 07-02-2009 Default Re: STPM Further Maths 2009

Under the chapter Coordinate Geometry in the old further maths textbook.
To show that 2 lines or planes are coincidental, the vector equations of both lines or planes when solved will have a finite solution.

E.g. : r= ai,bj,ck + u(xi,yj,zk) and r= di,ej,fk + m(pi,qr,jk)
By comparing both equations, if there is a finite value for both u and m,
then the 2 lines are coincidental.
Less Junior Member

#33 Old 07-02-2009 Default Re: STPM Further Maths 2009

orange malay book.

for the line, my way is same as Eurytos
for the plane, the plane is always coincidental if and only if the plane is not parallel with each other.
uoykcuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Eurytos Male

#34 Old 07-02-2009 Default Re: STPM Further Maths 2009

Oh yeah for coincidental planes, they always have a line as an intersection, rather than a point.
Super Junior Member

#35 Old 13-02-2009 Question Re: STPM Further Maths 2009

i wan to ask american degree transfer programe course good or not???
Coltzon is offline   Reply With Quote
Eurytos Male

#36 Old 13-02-2009 Default Re: STPM Further Maths 2009

Wrong thread lar, this thread is STPM further maths 2009.
Not ADTP.
Super Junior Member

#37 Old 14-02-2009 Default Re: STPM Further Maths 2009

有什么course是关于fmt的,还是学爽的??
Johnivan Male

#38 Old 14-02-2009 Default Re: STPM Further Maths 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coltzon View Post
有什么course是关于fmt的,还是学爽的??
You are an interesting guy, i would say...

In my opinion, Further Maths may help you in part of your engineering maths next time, if you plan to take engineering. It may help you a lot if you want to take Actuarial Science, Mathematics, Applied Mathematics and Statistics in Uni next time. You never 学爽...

Some people may say that since we are going to learn part of further maths in uni, then why do we need to learn it now?

I would say: 1. It is a good challenge for form 6 students to see whether they are independent enough to study on their own. But of course, i don't encourage everyone to do, cos you have to know your limits... and 2. It will help A LOT in your Maths T paper. Its more about the knowledge and experience gained, rather than whether we untung or not...
Johnivan is offline   Reply With Quote
uoykcuf
Less Junior Member

#39 Old 18-02-2009 Default Re: STPM Further Maths 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coltzon View Post
有什么course是关于fmt的,还是学爽的??
To be frank, in the beginning i just like what you have said, i学爽的. And it actually does not give you any extra course.

But after that, i found that it does help a lot in normal math. And since i know more, i could help my friends when they have problem in math. Thus i am treated as a godlike person in my school. So i enjoy learning them. lol

According to my teacher, actually it is unnecessary to take further math as you will learn them again in 1st year university. But personally i think that if you want to study oversea, it is advisable to take it as there is some tough competition among us. When you go to university, you have already gained an advantage compare to the other person. And from what i heard, in singapore, the student from China is actually 10x better than us. They not only have learnt what we have learned further math before they entering uni, they learn more than that. Singapore H3 math is harder than further math stpm as i have seen theirs syllabus and done some of their question also. So if you plan to go to singapore, and you do not learn more, you are far behind from the other. That's why many Malaysian student who study in singapore saying that studying in singapore is hard.

If you do not plan to take them, do study them in your holiday after your stpm in order to prepare yourself.
uoykcuf is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to uoykcuf For This Useful Post:
Coltzon Male
Super Junior Member

#40 Old 20-02-2009 Default Re: STPM Further Maths 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnivan View Post
You are an interesting guy, i would say...

In my opinion, Further Maths may help you in part of your engineering maths next time, if you plan to take engineering. It may help you a lot if you want to take Actuarial Science, Mathematics, Applied Mathematics and Statistics in Uni next time. You never 学爽...

Some people may say that since we are going to learn part of further maths in uni, then why do we need to learn it now?

I would say: 1. It is a good challenge for form 6 students to see whether they are independent enough to study on their own. But of course, i don't encourage everyone to do, cos you have to know your limits... and 2. It will help A LOT in your Maths T paper. Its more about the knowledge and experience gained, rather than whether we untung or not...
Applied Mathematics 是什么来的??