ReCom.org
Portal Page Forum Wiki Social Groups Scholarship Holders Infobase Site Map About
Go Back   ReCom.org > Forum > ReCom Cafe > Education > SPM & STPM

SPM & STPM Post questions on SPM and STPM topics ONLY.

STPM Further Maths 2009

markwongsk Male
Developer

#51 Old 02-03-2009 Default Re: STPM Further Maths 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eurytos View Post
Both ways are correct, though the second one involves differentiating inverse trigonometric equations which might be quite confusing.
well, I would love to confuse my teachers serves them RIGHT for giving homework XD XD XD

I remember last year I used the Cayley Hamilton theorem to get my inverse matrices haha. Serves them right =P
markwongsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Johnivan Male

#52 Old 09-03-2009 Default Re: STPM Further Maths 2009

Hey people...

STPM results coming out tomorrow. Please let me know your Further Maths results, OK? So i can get a glimpse of what i will get next year... Anyway, I'll be glad if you all get A's... All the best!
Johnivan is offline   Reply With Quote
uoykcuf
Less Junior Member

#53 Old 12-03-2009 Default Re: STPM Further Maths 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnivan View Post
Hey people...

STPM results coming out tomorrow. Please let me know your Further Maths results, OK? So i can get a glimpse of what i will get next year... Anyway, I'll be glad if you all get A's... All the best!
both eurytos and i get A in further math. in fact we have made Further Math 100% A in penang and kedah. hahaha.
so u will sure get A if u take further math as it is 100% A according to statistic
uoykcuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Johnivan Male

#54 Old 12-03-2009 Default Re: STPM Further Maths 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by uoykcuf View Post
both eurytos and i get A in further math. in fact we have made Further Math 100% A in penang and kedah. hahaha.
so u will sure get A if u take further math as it is 100% A according to statistic
Wow! Congrats to uoykcuf and eurytos! You guys are really great! I hope i'll learn from both of you... All your hard work has brought you all great blessings! Yay!
markwongsk Male
Developer

#55 Old 12-03-2009 Default Re: STPM Further Maths 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnivan View Post
Wow! Congrats to uoykcuf and eurytos! You guys are really great! I hope i'll learn from both of you... All your hard work has brought you all great blessings! Yay!
The probabilty that a student will pass Further Maths is 0.01. Find the probabilty that out of 34 students, 2 students will pass with A. Given the normal distribution has mean 45 and standard deviation 30 for A and that A is >65 marks.

=D
Eurytos Male

#56 Old 13-03-2009 Default Re: STPM Further Maths 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by markwongsk View Post
The probabilty that a student will pass Further Maths is 0.01. Find the probabilty that out of 34 students, 2 students will pass with A. Given the normal distribution has mean 45 and standard deviation 30 for A and that A is >65 marks.

=D
Markwongsk so good in counting LOL
On the other hand if you are VERY OPTIMISTIC, all students in penang and kedah will get A in further maths if they register for the subject coz Penang and Kedah 100 % A in further mathematics Haha

Oh yeah my further mathematics < uoykcuf
His is Paper 1 A Paper 2 A
Mine is Paper 1 B+ Paper 2 A

My statistics section almost 100 liao i think, coz i everyday do statistics question until i finished all the statistics exercises in the black book @_@
Developer

#57 Old 13-03-2009 Default Re: STPM Further Maths 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eurytos View Post
Markwongsk so good in counting LOL
On the other hand if you are VERY OPTIMISTIC, all students in penang and kedah will get A in further maths if they register for the subject coz Penang and Kedah 100 % A in further mathematics Haha

Oh yeah my further mathematics < uoykcuf
His is Paper 1 A Paper 2 A
Mine is Paper 1 B+ Paper 2 A

My statistics section almost 100 liao i think, coz i everyday do statistics question until i finished all the statistics exercises in the black book @_@
I LOVE PAPER 1 !!!! =( don't like paper 2
um uoykcuf can you scan the test paper??? I want to do also
uoykcuf
Less Junior Member

#58 Old 13-03-2009 Default Re: STPM Further Maths 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by markwongsk View Post
I LOVE PAPER 1 !!!! =( don't like paper 2
um uoykcuf can you scan the test paper??? I want to do also
haha me too. luckily paper 2 is damn easy, if not i will get B for it also. lol
all further math paper is in this website
http://cwooi.com/index.php?option=co...derby=2&page=2
uoykcuf is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to uoykcuf For This Useful Post:
francisfu Male
Super Junior Member

#59 Old 15-03-2009 Default Re: STPM Further Maths 2009

Hey, I am from puchong, selangor, Stpm 2008 candidate. I, too, got an A for my further maths. Congratz to Eurytos and uoykcuf for getting A too.

Looks like this year we got quite alot of A-scorers. We already have 3 in this forum. Lol. From what i heard, there was only 3 ppl who scores A in 2007, when there was 54 students taking the subject. Whereby we only have 34 students taking this year.

Eurytos and uoykcuf, where are u guys applying to? wat course? Actuarial science i suppose? O yeah, who can solve the paper 2 graph theory question? Never really mastered graph theory back then only touched its 皮毛 lol. I am also weak at remainder theorem, did not have the right material, just found a book on remainder theorem the day before the exam, lucky it din come out.

To all the new candidates, make sure u do well in ur statistic. Statistic consist of 50 marks out of the paper 2, which is 25 marks of the total. A great sum. And if you can do well in coordinate geometry (vector) and transformations (both are not hard), u're basically secured a A. For graph theory, the application is really hard, and you reli dunno what the question will be, proving? Applications? So dun lay much hope on it. For number theory, the questions can vary alot too. Last year's number theory question was olympiad style and it only gives out 4 marks. Comparatively, last year transformation question gives out 15 marks. So if u can score well in statistic + vector + transformation, u're an A-scorer for paper 2. Just make sure u know everything of the 6 chapters in paper 2.
francisfu is offline   Reply With Quote
Johnivan Male

#60 Old 16-03-2009 Default Re: STPM Further Maths 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by francisfu View Post
To all the new candidates, make sure u do well in ur statistic. Statistic consist of 50 marks out of the paper 2, which is 25 marks of the total. A great sum. And if you can do well in coordinate geometry (vector) and transformations (both are not hard), u're basically secured a A. For graph theory, the application is really hard, and you reli dunno what the question will be, proving? Applications? So dun lay much hope on it. For number theory, the questions can vary alot too. Last year's number theory question was olympiad style and it only gives out 4 marks. Comparatively, last year transformation question gives out 15 marks. So if u can score well in statistic + vector + transformation, u're an A-scorer for paper 2. Just make sure u know everything of the 6 chapters in paper 2.
Hey, thanks for your encouragement! Wow, all my seniors who took further maths seems to get A... This gives me a lot of pressure now...
By the way, do you all have any other references for Number Theory? I'm going crazy studying it... Their questions seems to have easy answers (by guessing), but i just can't figure out why, or how the working is done. Do you all have any recommendations?