ReCom.org
Pre-U/ Undergraduate/ Postgraduate Post your questions on these topics ONLY

UTP or IPTA?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Hoi-Ya-Ee-Ya Male
Less Junior Member
 
Hoi-Ya-Ee-Ya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 128
  #1 Old 10-05-2011 Default UTP or IPTA?

I am in a dilemma now.

I'm a STPM leaver with 3.67 applied for mechanical engineering in UPU / IPTA.

However the results are not out yet.

Meanwhile, i got UTP offer to study as a private candidate. Registration is on 19th May 2011.

I'm wondering if i should go to UTP first, or wait for UPU?

If i register UTP, i will have to pay around 2~3k+, not to forget the tuition fees too.. although i might get scholarship..

I'm afraid if i reject UTP and UPU does not give me the course i wanted, then i'll be doomed.. or can i still apply for UTP next year january intake?

Now i would like responses from u guys.. what will you do if you're in my shoes?




You guys may vote here too:
http://www.recom.org/forum/showthread.php?t=12691

Last edited by Hoi-Ya-Ee-Ya; 10-05-2011 at 07:18 PM.
Hoi-Ya-Ee-Ya is offline   Reply With Quote
bush26
Super Junior Member
 
bush26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 29
  #2 Old 10-05-2011 Default Re: UTP or IPTA?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoi-Ya-Ee-Ya View Post
I am in a dilemma now.

I'm a STPM leaver with 3.67 applied for mechanical engineering in UPU / IPTA.

However the results are not out yet.

Meanwhile, i got UTP offer to study as a private candidate. Registration is on 19th May 2011.

I'm wondering if i should go to UTP first, or wait for UPU?

If i register UTP, i will have to pay around 2~3k+, not to forget the tuition fees too.. although i might get scholarship..

I'm afraid if i reject UTP and UPU does not give me the course i wanted, then i'll be doomed.. or can i still apply for UTP next year january intake?

Now i would like responses from u guys.. what will you do if you're in my shoes?

if i were you i would have wait for UPU instead of wasting the 2-3k unless your dad is super rich and 3k for you is just like RM 3.00. well for me 3k is a lot plus you would have to pay for the tuition fees as well. I am a UTP student and i think you should wait.
bush26 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bush26 For This Useful Post:
Hoi-Ya-Ee-Ya Male
Less Junior Member
 
Hoi-Ya-Ee-Ya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 128
  #3 Old 10-05-2011 Default Re: UTP or IPTA?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bush26 View Post
if i were you i would have wait for UPU instead of wasting the 2-3k unless your dad is super rich and 3k for you is just like RM 3.00. well for me 3k is a lot plus you would have to pay for the tuition fees as well. I am a UTP student and i think you should wait.
Nice to hear from an UTP student.. I think if I pay the 3k, I will be staying in UTP already..

I'm afraid UPU does not give me the course i want.. then i'll really be doomed.. with no where to go.. lol.

What do you think of the environment in UTP?

If you are taking engineering, are the facilities really that good compared to local IPTA?
Hoi-Ya-Ee-Ya is offline   Reply With Quote
spy999lum Male
Super Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 14
  #4 Old 10-05-2011 Default Re: UTP or IPTA?

Hey there! I am a SPM leaver, but i hope i can help alittle bit. I scored Straight A's in SPM and applied for UPU and UTP too, and i got both(matriks didnt get, JPA still waiting for results). For UPU, i put alot of mechanical engineering, (about 5 pilihan) and the UPU gave me pilihan ke-6, go to UTeM(Universiti Teknikal Malaysia Melaka) for diploma mechanical engineering. But UTeM doesnt seems to be good cause its not famous, thats what i heard. So, im planning to go to UTP. In short, when you apply UPU, ur choice of university is very very very random, regardless of ur results.

But in the meantime waiting for JPA, i wanted to know more about UTP. Can anyone provide me any info about UTP? Like, can i apply any scholarship/sponsorship after i enter UTP(as a private student)? And how is the campus, hostel and lecturers there? FYI, i got the admission into UTP for Petroleum Engineering. 1st year will be my foundation in engineering(3 sem) then 4 years petroleum engineering. And ohya, does anyone know what i will be studying about petroleum?

Thank you in advance if anyone is willing to share his/her experience to me. I would be really greatful and hoping to be ur friends when i enter UTP this 19th May. Thank you
spy999lum is offline   Reply With Quote
KenT13
Slightly Senior Member
 
KenT13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 559
  #5 Old 10-05-2011 Default Re: UTP or IPTA?

One thing i know about UTP, their infrastructure is STUNNING! doesn't help much~lol
__________________
Join The Bananas Club ! Banana!!
KenT13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Hoi-Ya-Ee-Ya Male
Less Junior Member
 
Hoi-Ya-Ee-Ya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 128
  #6 Old 10-05-2011 Default Re: UTP or IPTA?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenT13 View Post
One thing i know about UTP, their infrastructure is STUNNING! doesn't help much~lol
haha.. not really.. i thought the only building that attracted me was the chancellor hall cum library building.. others look very old..

Quote:
Originally Posted by spy999lum View Post
Hey there! I am a SPM leaver, but i hope i can help alittle bit. I scored Straight A's in SPM and applied for UPU and UTP too, and i got both(matriks didnt get, JPA still waiting for results). For UPU, i put alot of mechanical engineering, (about 5 pilihan) and the UPU gave me pilihan ke-6, go to UTeM(Universiti Teknikal Malaysia Melaka) for diploma mechanical engineering. But UTeM doesnt seems to be good cause its not famous, thats what i heard. So, im planning to go to UTP. In short, when you apply UPU, ur choice of university is very very very random, regardless of ur results.

But in the meantime waiting for JPA, i wanted to know more about UTP. Can anyone provide me any info about UTP? Like, can i apply any scholarship/sponsorship after i enter UTP(as a private student)? And how is the campus, hostel and lecturers there? FYI, i got the admission into UTP for Petroleum Engineering. 1st year will be my foundation in engineering(3 sem) then 4 years petroleum engineering. And ohya, does anyone know what i will be studying about petroleum?

Thank you in advance if anyone is willing to share his/her experience to me. I would be really greatful and hoping to be ur friends when i enter UTP this 19th May. Thank you
Hi.. you're going to UTP as a private candidate too?

Yeah, you can apply scholarships using your first sem result.. my friend did the same after he finished his spm.. now if i go UTP, i'll be his junior.. lol

You guys may vote here too:

http://www.recom.org/forum/showthread.php?t=12691

Last edited by Hoi-Ya-Ee-Ya; 10-05-2011 at 07:19 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Hoi-Ya-Ee-Ya is offline   Reply With Quote
geriella7o7
Super Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 11
  #7 Old 11-05-2011 Smile Re: UTP or IPTA?

i am also face the same situation~~
i got both offer,..UTP and IPTA~
utp as a private student and also got UM...i really cnfuse to choose which one is the best...bcause for me..both of them are the best local u...
then after i discuss with all my frends...they suggest me to take IPTA...
geriella7o7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Hoi-Ya-Ee-Ya Male
Less Junior Member
 
Hoi-Ya-Ee-Ya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 128
  #8 Old 12-05-2011 Default Re: UTP or IPTA?

Quote:
Originally Posted by geriella7o7 View Post
i am also face the same situation~~
i got both offer,..UTP and IPTA~
utp as a private student and also got UM...i really cnfuse to choose which one is the best...bcause for me..both of them are the best local u...
then after i discuss with all my frends...they suggest me to take IPTA...
u taking diploma? unfortunately for me, the upu result isn't out yet (degree).. if not i wouldn't be so confused.

what course u taking in UM and UTP?
Hoi-Ya-Ee-Ya is offline   Reply With Quote
geriella7o7
Super Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 11
  #9 Old 12-05-2011 Default Re: UTP or IPTA?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoi-Ya-Ee-Ya View Post
u taking diploma? unfortunately for me, the upu result isn't out yet (degree).. if not i wouldn't be so confused.

what course u taking in UM and UTP?
no...i am a SPM leaver.so i applied for asasi.
UM i got asasi alam bina..and UTP i got asasi BIS(bisnes infomation system)
i like both of them..but the UTP fees is too expensive..so I chose UM..
geriella7o7 is offline   Reply With Quote
bush26
Super Junior Member
 
bush26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 29
  #10 Old 12-05-2011 Default Re: UTP or IPTA?

Quote:
Originally Posted by geriella7o7 View Post
i am also face the same situation~~
i got both offer,..UTP and IPTA~
utp as a private student and also got UM...i really cnfuse to choose which one is the best...bcause for me..both of them are the best local u...
then after i discuss with all my frends...they suggest me to take IPTA...
well UM definitely better than UTP, if I were you I would go to UM, everything in UM is much better in terms of environment wise, freedom of speech wise, food, and everything. One thing good about UTP is only FREE, if you get FREE scholarship in UTP then i suggest you to go or else you can forget about it because UTP is very expensive where the total tuition fees can cost up to RM 75000, thats without food and travelling. So if your family is having some financial difficulties then i suggest you all should just take Local University where the fees is way cheaper and sometimes you can get JPA to sponsor you which makes your life even better. Lecture wise, UTP have some very good and flawless lecturers but they also have some horrible lecturers. If you prefer to have some enjoyable university life, then UM would be the better choice as UTP is located in the middle of no where and all you can do is to get stuck in the room and study and sleep UNLESS you have CAR which most of us car pool depending on who can afford the car. If you have no CAR and family financial problem, then i suggest you better take the local university. Everyone in UTP get into UTP not because UTP is a good university nor it is the best university but it is because they got Scholarship, if you don't have scholarship, then life would be difficult for you. These are all the facts as I am the final year student in UTP, I am under Shell scholarship by the way

Quote:
Originally Posted by geriella7o7 View Post
no...i am a SPM leaver.so i applied for asasi.
UM i got asasi alam bina..and UTP i got asasi BIS(bisnes infomation system)
i like both of them..but the UTP fees is too expensive..so I chose UM..
yea luckily you know that UTP fees is very expensive, go UM, UM is the best university in the country and in fact you would find out that your life in UM is way interesting that in UTP

Last edited by bush26; 12-05-2011 at 01:32 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
bush26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Pls let me know your IPTA 8 choices ! meiying26 ReCom Chat Forum 0 30-03-2010 10:33 PM
JPA for IPTA angel_tnp29 Jabatan Perkhidmatan Awam (JPA) Scholarships 46 03-06-2009 08:23 AM
IPTA vs IPTS Yvonne89 Education 16 30-04-2007 01:08 PM
BTN lectures in IPTA misled_youth Education 0 12-03-2007 07:54 PM
IPTA vision Education 12 01-06-2004 11:27 PM


All times are GMT +8. The time now is 08:51 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

ReCom stands for Reborn Community. It has no affiliation with other organizations that may share the same name. The views expressed in this website solely represent the authors point of view and do not necessarily reflect the views of ReCom Anchors and other ReCom users.


 

Page generated in 0.11749 seconds with 15 queries