ReCom.org
Window to the World Discussions of global issues and latest news.

Gay Marriage

__earth Male

#1 Old 06-02-2004 Default Gay Marriage

Quote:
Frist Vows Senate Will Block Gay Marriages
(Reuters) - U.S. Senate Majority Leader Bill Frist vowed on Thursday that the Senate would block any effort to legalize same-sex marriage, a day after Massachusetts' top court ruled the state must allow homosexuals to wed. "I want to be very clear. We reject intolerance, we reject hatred. We must treat all our fellow citizens with civility and kindness," Frist, a Tennessee Republican, said in speech on the Senate floor. "But marriage should not be redefined by the courts and we in this body can't let it, we won't let it."
http://story.news.yahoo.com/fc?cid=3...s_and_Lesbians

I believe in the separation between the state and the church or the mosque or anything. I believe in freedom. So, by logic, I should be supporting the gay because the idea is about exercising freedom.
However, i found it disconcerting. something must have gone wrong in my train of thought. somebody, help!

just a note, i don't support the homo movement.
__earth Male

#2 Old 06-02-2004 Default Gay Marriage

Quote:
Frist Vows Senate Will Block Gay Marriages
(Reuters) - U.S. Senate Majority Leader Bill Frist vowed on Thursday that the Senate would block any effort to legalize same-sex marriage, a day after Massachusetts' top court ruled the state must allow homosexuals to wed. "I want to be very clear. We reject intolerance, we reject hatred. We must treat all our fellow citizens with civility and kindness," Frist, a Tennessee Republican, said in speech on the Senate floor. "But marriage should not be redefined by the courts and we in this body can't let it, we won't let it."
http://story.news.yahoo.com/fc?cid=3...s_and_Lesbians

I believe in the separation between the state and the church or the mosque or anything. I believe in freedom. So, by logic, I should be supporting the gay because the idea is about exercising freedom.
However, i found it disconcerting. something must have gone wrong in my train of thought. somebody, help!

just a note, i don't support the homo movement.
Thirdshifter
Super Moderator
Forum Moderator

#3 Old 06-02-2004 Default

Gay marriage, Maybe the term marriage should be re-analyzed. In USA, being married equals to HUGE TAX BREAK!. It would only make sense to let Same-sex Union/Marriage to not discriminate this minority.

we have to let this happen, The world is growing smaller everyday. The culture.Religion Clash has happened. The majority of People cherish freedom then fearing God.

Like a democracy, Majority rules.
Thirdshifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Thirdshifter
Super Moderator
Forum Moderator

#4 Old 06-02-2004 Default

Gay marriage, Maybe the term marriage should be re-analyzed. In USA, being married equals to HUGE TAX BREAK!. It would only make sense to let Same-sex Union/Marriage to not discriminate this minority.

we have to let this happen, The world is growing smaller everyday. The culture.Religion Clash has happened. The majority of People cherish freedom then fearing God.

Like a democracy, Majority rules.
z

#5 Old 06-02-2004 Default

while i don't fervently support the movement, i have nothing against it either.

as long as the legislation will not impose any negative effects on people's daily lives, i don't see why there's a need to block such an attempt.

but then again, why the need to legislate same-sex unions? i guess we won't really understand unless we're in that situation.

seems like it's fundamentally state-and-church matter.
z is offline   Reply With Quote
z

#6 Old 06-02-2004 Default

while i don't fervently support the movement, i have nothing against it either.

as long as the legislation will not impose any negative effects on people's daily lives, i don't see why there's a need to block such an attempt.

but then again, why the need to legislate same-sex unions? i guess we won't really understand unless we're in that situation.

seems like it's fundamentally state-and-church matter.
Thirdshifter
Super Moderator
Forum Moderator

#7 Old 06-02-2004 Default

Or.. Or... Eliminate the advantage Married couples get? this would definately kill the purpose! anyway i wonder why Gay couples actually awnt to get married. I thought they know better. Marriage? LMAO.
Thirdshifter
Super Moderator
Forum Moderator

#8 Old 06-02-2004 Default

Or.. Or... Eliminate the advantage Married couples get? this would definately kill the purpose! anyway i wonder why Gay couples actually awnt to get married. I thought they know better. Marriage? LMAO.
z

#9 Old 06-02-2004 Default

i guess the benefits are a perk to get married.

perhaps they feel that marriage is a fundamental human right and that they shouldn't be discriminated against?

anyone wanna come out of the closet and share your insights?
or anyone wanna speak for their friend's friend's friend?
z

#10 Old 06-02-2004 Default

i guess the benefits are a perk to get married.

perhaps they feel that marriage is a fundamental human right and that they shouldn't be discriminated against?

anyone wanna come out of the closet and share your insights?
or anyone wanna speak for their friend's friend's friend?