ReCom.org
Jabatan Perkhidmatan Awam (JPA) Scholarships Everything about scholarships provided by the Public Services Department of Malaysia

JPA 2011 Experience Sharing

lze Female
Less Junior Member

#141 Old 19-04-2011 Default Re: JPA 2011 Experience Sharing

course applied : dentistry
interview location : wisma negeri, alor setar
date : 12 April 2011
time : 11.05am
Interviewee : 4 girls, 1 boy

i reached there quite early in the morning.. so i just skip the waiting part...
i would describe what happened after entering the room.

first, the interviewers introduced themselves. (2 malays n 1 indian, 1 female n 2 male). they said they are from kementerian kesihatan blahblahblah.. nt really concentrate on what they are saying.. LOL..

then, they asked us to answer in bm if we are asked in bm or vice versa..
1. self-intro.. starting from the guy no 5, then no 4, no 3 n so on...
2. do u think that academic excellence means that u have a better future?
3. apakah pendapat anda tentang pelajar yang mendapat tajaan JPA tidak pulang ke Malaysia untuk berkhidmat? adakah anda akan melakukan perkara yang sama?
4. anda sebagai rakan sebaya, bagaimanakah anda dapat membantu kawan anda yang terlibat dalam gejala social?
5. apakah yang anda dapat sumbangkan dalam profesion yang anda pilihkan untuk membangunkan negara?
6. do u think that sex education will help to curb the problem of pregnancy before marriage?

then, they asked us any questions? we answered no.. then we came out.. n i forgt to shake hand with them..

o, ya.. the interview lasted for only 30 minutes..
n they din't even asked me anything about my course, which i hav prepared so hard.. haiz..
lze is offline   Reply With Quote
Ultraman_batman Female
Less Junior Member

#142 Old 20-04-2011 Default Re: JPA 2011 Experience Sharing

Quote:
Originally Posted by lze View Post
course applied : dentistry
interview location : wisma negeri, alor setar
date : 12 April 2011
time : 11.05am
Interviewee : 4 girls, 1 boy

i reached there quite early in the morning.. so i just skip the waiting part...
i would describe what happened after entering the room.

first, the interviewers introduced themselves. (2 malays n 1 indian, 1 female n 2 male). they said they are from kementerian kesihatan blahblahblah.. nt really concentrate on what they are saying.. LOL..

then, they asked us to answer in bm if we are asked in bm or vice versa..
1. self-intro.. starting from the guy no 5, then no 4, no 3 n so on...
2. do u think that academic excellence means that u have a better future?
3. apakah pendapat anda tentang pelajar yang mendapat tajaan JPA tidak pulang ke Malaysia untuk berkhidmat? adakah anda akan melakukan perkara yang sama?
4. anda sebagai rakan sebaya, bagaimanakah anda dapat membantu kawan anda yang terlibat dalam gejala social?
5. apakah yang anda dapat sumbangkan dalam profesion yang anda pilihkan untuk membangunkan negara?
6. do u think that sex education will help to curb the problem of pregnancy before marriage?

then, they asked us any questions? we answered no.. then we came out.. n i forgt to shake hand with them..

o, ya.. the interview lasted for only 30 minutes..
n they din't even asked me anything about my course, which i hav prepared so hard.. haiz..
Uhhh! For me, they didnt ask any general questions which I've prepared so hard! They asked all about engineering ='((
Ultraman_batman is offline   Reply With Quote
lze Female
Less Junior Member

#143 Old 21-04-2011 Default Re: JPA 2011 Experience Sharing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultraman_batman View Post
Uhhh! For me, they didnt ask any general questions which I've prepared so hard! They asked all about engineering ='((
it would be nice if we exchange our interviewer.. haha
lze is offline   Reply With Quote
informer101 Male
Less Junior Member

#144 Old 22-04-2011 Default Re: JPA 2011 Experience Sharing

course applied: SASTERA IKHTISAS
venue: UNITEN

the interview was fairly brief though. 40 minutes to interview 5 candidates? haha. roughly 8 minutes for each person.

1. intro (name, prev school, family background, course applied, country n etc)

2. general discussion: a) how to attract professionals back to malaysia
b) how coco help u to ace ur spm

3. quite an active discussion n debate between us. the interviewer just watched.

*im not even sure how they'll evaluate us with that kind of brief interview.. haha.

Last edited by informer101; 22-04-2011 at 12:53 PM.
informer101 is offline   Reply With Quote
ZcrBz93 Male
Super Junior Member

#145 Old 16-05-2011 Default Re: JPA 2011 Experience Sharing

Here is my share of experience

Course: Pure Science
Venue: Institut Perguruan Sarawak Miri
Date: 13 April 2011
Time: 4.35 p.m (we were the last group of the day!)

Details on interviewees:
There were altogether students in my group - 1 Chinese girl, 2 Chinese boys and 1 Sarawakian aborigine (me!). But hey, all of us speak Chinese. One Science applicant, one German Mechanical Engineering applicant and two Pure Science applicants.

Details on interviewers:
All of them were Malay. One man and two women. The man and one of the women asked questions in English while the other female interviewer asked in Malay.

During the interview:
Perhaps because we were the last group of the day, the interviewers didn't ask us introduce ourselves. They simply verify our names and ask for our course choice.

A few questions that they asked were:

1. What would be your contribution to the country in the field of science?
I talked about water as an alternative source of energy.

2. What is innovation?
I answered, innovation is about creating something new, whether it is inventing new ideas or fusing different ideas together. Somehow, the example using corn flour in cake-baking popped up in my head, hehe...

3. How do you inculcate innovation?
I said, by reading and gaining knowledge through various methods.

4. (Malay) What is your opinion about environmental pollution and measure taken by the government?
This time my answer became really lousy. I talked about increased height of factory chinmneys... something like that.

5. (Malay) What will you promote about Malaysia?
More lousy answers from me, unfortunately, because well, I talk about Malaysian food - and the knowledge I can get from living in a multiracial society. I was worried because the male interviewer was showing the "I'm-excessively-bored" facial expression!!

6. Are you studying right now? What are you doing currently?
No, I stayed at home. Doing house chores.

To be honest, I was not very confident about my performance (especially regarding the chimney and Malaysian food answers!). Nonetheless, it was quite an experience!

So, those were the questions (mostly, as some questions were only forwarded to one student). I hope that these would help future students. I know how agitated and worried a student can be before the interview
ZcrBz93 is offline   Reply With Quote