ReCom.org
Portal Page Forum Wiki Social Groups Scholarship Holders Infobase Site Map About
Go Back   ReCom.org > Forum > ReCom Cafe > Education > Scholarships

Scholarships A place to find out about scholarships available for Malaysians

Yayasan Tenaga Nasional Overseas Scholarship 2010

X-FaR Male
Less Junior Member

#61 Old 29-03-2010 Default Re: Yayasan Tenaga Nasional Overseas Scholarship 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian92 View Post
Those who r going interview later..Gd luck ya..i finish mine today..
n edoovel gav all the details d..mine is oso similar..n me too forgot everything i read for the tnb part..dun worry edoovel..v r on the same boat..T.T
thanks for sharing the experiences..

does we need to know everything about TNB or just read the current news about TNB?

i hope those u hv been intervied can clarify this...

Two friends are like two hands, one of which washes the other.
The Prophet Mohammed

Science without religion is lame.
Einstein

I will aim for the moon and I will be a star. This is my choice and my destiny. What is it? To be involved with aerospace engineering and who am I? I am X-FaR
X-FaR is offline   Reply With Quote
Adrian92

#62 Old 29-03-2010 Default Re: Yayasan Tenaga Nasional Overseas Scholarship 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-FaR View Post
thanks for sharing the experiences..

does we need to know everything about TNB or just read the current news about TNB?

i hope those u hv been intervied can clarify this...
Jz read up everything bout TNB..its quite simple..dun wori..
danialaiman Male
Super Junior Member

#63 Old 29-03-2010 Default Re: Yayasan Tenaga Nasional Overseas Scholarship 2010

hrmm....
how bout the duration for the interview..??
n do we hv to know everything bout TNB..??
danialaiman is offline   Reply With Quote
edoovel Male
Super Junior Member

#64 Old 29-03-2010 Default Re: Yayasan Tenaga Nasional Overseas Scholarship 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by danialaiman View Post
hrmm....
how bout the duration for the interview..??
n do we hv to know everything bout TNB..??
total:
they say 30 mins per group, but is actually around 45-50mins

part 1: each 1 min, but u can exceed
part 2: not limited
part 3: 2 mins (everyone to jot down those points), 2 minutes for each to deliver the speech.

And ya, u are not expected to stand when talking. And you don't have the chance to handshake with them, or to talk to them closely because they sit too far...
edoovel is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to edoovel For This Useful Post:
Adrian92

#65 Old 30-03-2010 Default Re: Yayasan Tenaga Nasional Overseas Scholarship 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by edoovel View Post
total:
they say 30 mins per group, but is actually around 45-50mins

part 1: each 1 min, but u can exceed
part 2: not limited
part 3: 2 mins (everyone to jot down those points), 2 minutes for each to deliver the speech.

And ya, u are not expected to stand when talking. And you don't have the chance to handshake with them, or to talk to them closely because they sit too far...
Ya..1 of the members in my group stood up n they asked him to sit..so..jz sit comfortably n speak confidently..(which i think i din)they r reali far from us..so no one r able to handshake wit them..
Boyz_Zoo Male
Lord of Spams 2009
Wiki Contributor

#66 Old 30-03-2010 Default Re: Yayasan Tenaga Nasional Overseas Scholarship 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian92 View Post
Ya..1 of the members in my group stood up n they asked him to sit..so..jz sit comfortably n speak confidently..(which i think i din)they r reali far from us..so no one r able to handshake wit them..
really? last year, i was sited quite close to them and I shacked their hands on the way out.
Super Junior Member

#67 Old 30-03-2010 Default Re: Yayasan Tenaga Nasional Overseas Scholarship 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-FaR View Post
to check for the local YTN click here

im really sorry to post it here...

please share ur experience with us edoovel and iceblender...
actually,i'm going to hve it tmrrw,,I've jz realised it 2 days ago,,anyway gudluck 2 all who've been shortlisted,how were prt 1-3 being conducted?

Last edited by iceblender; 30-03-2010 at 05:15 PM. Reason: forgot to ask
iceblender is offline   Reply With Quote
edoovel Male
Super Junior Member

#68 Old 30-03-2010 Default Re: Yayasan Tenaga Nasional Overseas Scholarship 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceblender View Post
actually,i'm going to hve it tmrrw,,I've jz realised it 2 days ago,,anyway gudluck 2 all who've been shortlisted,how were prt 1-3 being conducted?
Lol don't worry, I'm worse than u. I only have 12 hours to prepare, and I knew I was called for interview through this thread. Yeah, thanks to recom (but if I really got)

Don't worry, they won't shoot u or ask something funny. They are seemed to be the best interviewers lol.. Just make sure u memorize whatever about TNB. And I heard the employee there said that TNB will cover your expenses when u r travelling overseas, give medical assistance, a lot of benefits.. but I'm not sure about that, since no one had ever mentioned it in recom. This is just a reference.

Part 1: from the first person of the group
Part 2: starts from the last person of the group
Part 3: starts from the first person of the group.

That's all I think.
edoovel is offline   Reply With Quote
frozenkeylfc Male
Super Junior Member

#69 Old 31-03-2010 Default Re: Yayasan Tenaga Nasional Overseas Scholarship 2010

erm..i did my interview on 30th of march.it is my 1st interview in my life.. so i feel kinda nervous and unsecured.. haha. I reached the interview place quite early, and i was arranged in the first group.. (for your information, they arranged the interview group depends on ur sequence of registration) Before the interview started, the officer would give a briefing, the officers were so nice, keep on encouraging us to smile and stay calm. ^^ they even provided some sweets and drinks. Then , my interview began, i was no.6 in my group as one group consists of 6 person. It s quite surprising that the pengarah TNB was one of the 4 interviewers.
First of all, we are instructed to introduce ourselves.. It was not a long introduction,juz a brief one, tell them bout your name, your family background and your outstanding cucicular activities. After that, we would need to tel them what we know about TNB. I am the first one to talk, luckily i have done my memorisation of TNB. So i juz speak out anything that i knew.. I took bout 4 minutes in this part.. The interviewers even stopped me from continuing my presentation ( it was very funny). Furthermore, there was a debate session, we were given a topic on "Should Science and MAth teached in English? " . Everyone of us were given 2 minutes to jot down our points and 2 minutes to express our opinions. finally, the interview ended, we did not have the chances to have a firm handshake with the interviewer as they sat too far from us.. Anyway, the interview ran smoothly . It is a nice experience for me.. ^^
frozenkeylfc is offline   Reply With Quote
JZJZ Male
Super Junior Member

#70 Old 01-04-2010 Default Re: Yayasan Tenaga Nasional Overseas Scholarship 2010

i'm a male, and what should i wear? suggestion ??? long sleeve? slack? or jus simply t shirt and jeans will do??
JZJZ is offline   Reply With Quote