ReCom.org
SPM & STPM Post questions on SPM and STPM topics ONLY.

Stpm 2011

Hanqing
Super Junior Member

#11 Old 28-05-2010 Default Re: Stpm 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by walrein_lim88 View Post
U also in Cari forum there rite??? ( i saw ur name there before)
btw all the best for ur further maths T..hope u can do it well for this 5th subject ...
yea saw you too, anyway thanks for those fm notes posted up by you, it helps alot
Hanqing is offline   Reply With Quote
walrein_lim88 Male
Less Junior Member

#12 Old 28-05-2010 Default Re: Stpm 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanqing View Post
yea saw you too, anyway thanks for those fm notes posted up by you, it helps alot
so must score As for me^^...(my hard work )
walrein_lim88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Hanqing
Super Junior Member

#13 Old 29-05-2010 Default Re: Stpm 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by walrein_lim88 View Post
so must score As for me^^...(my hard work )
lol the answer is definitely yes for that lol ._. i dont like to see my result being spoiled by my extra subject lol, hope i can make it hehe
Hanqing is offline   Reply With Quote
CelineD Female
ReCom Staff
ReMag Writer

#14 Old 29-05-2010 Default Re: Stpm 2011

Hello everyone...I'm also confirmed to be taking stpm next year. Hope to learn from everyone here=) I'm taking PA,PP,Sejarah and Maths S(I think that one hv 2 go 4 tuition)

I have a thread about pre-u students first day/week experiences(most of them are form 6 but got others as well), you can read it here:http://www.recom.org/forum/showthread.php?t=10909

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiyi View Post
Many of those who enter Form 6 still vacillate between STPM, college or waiting for scholarships, right? However, it's important for you to put your attention in your form 6 too as you may end up in form 6. Attitude at the starting point is important. Most of the schools have started the lessons so juniors, your way to STPM have started!^^
*recall herself busy transferring school 2 years back at this time*
true...a lot of my classmates now not sure yet...I wasn't very sure up to the week I got the offer letter for f6.

I just got the transfer two days ago...and next Monday it'll be a new (I mean old in age but new to me) school.

I'm starting to really miss my former school...I had a look at the new school and it's ok but looks a little run-down compared to my old school, which is not even 10 years old. Well, the bright side is the new place has a history of being the first school in that area

by the way, you took chinese for stpm? wow...your chinese must be super good...I could only do up till spm. <salute>

Here's my blog/writing wonderland: Deb's Ink Trail

nice to meet you :D
Twitter
CelineD is offline   Reply With Quote
Johnivan Male

#15 Old 29-05-2010 Default Re: Stpm 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Li Shan Shung View Post
Form 6 has just started so couple of weeks ago. Welcome to cohort 2010-2011 Form 6. Feel free to discuss anything about form 6, MUET, your lower 6 orientation, self-introduction, subjects, STPM, trial, and whatever applicable in Form 6.

Seniors, please try to help out these juniors with their questions. After all, we were once in their shoes too.

I'll start off.
I am an STPM-er 2009, soon-to-be NUS-er. I took physics, biology, chemistry, maths T and Pengajian Am for my STPM.

Let's get the thread rolling!!
Hey Shan Shung, it's really good initiative of yours to start a new thread to help the younger ones! Not even that, your signature even stated who's studying in NUS, haha...

Well, I'm an STPMer 09 too. I'll brag about my 4.0 results too for a physics combo, but an A- for Further Maths T (just learning from what other posts did, haha...)

If you are taking STPM in 2011 and you are new here, I would encourage you to stay active here. Because, not only you make new friends, but you also will get to exchange information from friends from different states. Study hard people, it won't be easy... But when you get your good results, you will appreciate your persistence and hard work. All the best to you all!

A few links worth checking out:
My Life Story
Further Mathematics T Blog (2003-2011 Syllabus)
Johnivan is offline   Reply With Quote
sugarspice Female
Slightly Senior Member

#16 Old 29-05-2010 Default Re: Stpm 2011

Quote:
me, but my school only allow me to consider fm as 5th subject if and only if i do well in every subject == ( as they afraid that the 5th subject might distract my concentration on other subjects ) which means that lower six, my academic performance must be good ._.
Hey!! My school did not allow us to take five subjects! not even FM! =.=

Poor those brainers...they could easily get 5 flat...
sugarspice is offline   Reply With Quote
kaiyi Female

#17 Old 30-05-2010 Default Re: Stpm 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by CelineD View Post
by the way, you took chinese for stpm? wow...your chinese must be super good...I could only do up till spm. <salute>

actually chinese in STPM is almost the same as chinese in SPM in grammar and comprehension. But they dont need 90++ for an A, 1000 words essay and the chinese literature part.

To me, STPM chinese easier to score then SPM chinese. I only got 3B in my SPM chinese

I think taking a fifth subject is fun as you can learn more in what you are interested in. But make sure you can handle your four subjects before you take the fifth.
Less Junior Member

#18 Old 30-05-2010 Default Re: Stpm 2011

Quote:
lol the answer is definitely yes for that lol ._. i dont like to see my result being spoiled by my extra subject lol, hope i can make it hehe
any maths or further maths problem u can ask here or CARI forum there.....
walrein_lim88 is offline   Reply With Quote
szying Female
Super Junior Member

#19 Old 30-05-2010 Default Re: Stpm 2011

i'm currently doing my form 6...the subjects i taking are biology,chemistry,PA and Maths T.Now my friends asked me to take Chinese but i scare i cannot score well in that subject...now i even having difficulty in memorising all the biology's things...
szying is offline   Reply With Quote
sofiazee Female
Less Junior Member

#20 Old 30-05-2010 Default Re: Stpm 2011

Hello there! I'm a STPM 09-er who took BioChem, and am between Singapore and USM :S

Quote:
Originally Posted by szying View Post
i'm currently doing my form 6...the subjects i taking are biology,chemistry,PA and Maths T.Now my friends asked me to take Chinese but i scare i cannot score well in that subject...now i even having difficulty in memorising all the biology's things...
It is a good thing that many of you here are considering a fifth subject. It will be a great advantage (who am I to say this hahaha ) to take an extra subject, provided you can juggle ALL of your subjects + koku (I heard some schools don't help their students :/) well.

Szying, if I were you I would give it a try for 1/2 a year first. Many of my friends took 3 sciences in Lower 6, subsequently dropping Physics/Biology in Upper 6 when they realise their ability. You have to be 100% honest with yourself, why you want to take the extra subject, and whether you can cope with the all the stress coming from everywhere. (Sweet 18 ;))