ReCom.org
SPM & STPM Post questions on SPM and STPM topics ONLY.

Stpm 2011

markwongsk Male
Developer

#31 Old 12-07-2010 Default Re: Stpm 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by holyzshit View Post
hi. newbie here. currently in lower six science bio stream. however i took physics as a fifth subject. any advices from any seniors who did the same thing? ^.^
Are you good with conceptual stuff? I also did Physics as my fifth subject, but I liked maths so I loved the derivations part of Physics. If you are good with conceptual stuff, then try learning the derivations, if not, just try doing LOTS of exercises...

#32 Old 04-08-2010 Default Re: Stpm 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by holyzshit View Post
hi. newbie here. currently in lower six science bio stream. however i took physics as a fifth subject. any advices from any seniors who did the same thing? ^.^
Hope I'm not too late with this advice.

I did the same thing. Only setback was I had to stay back after school to do physics experiments and occasionally the apparatus is faulty (electrical topics). Took extra lessons for physics. Definitely needs a lot of self-studying and understanding.
chingyan1012 Female
Super Junior Member

#33 Old 04-08-2010 Default Re: Stpm 2011

hi...ching yan here...i am a lower 6 student...bio stream student...
can someone tell me how to do the kolokium?! thx ya^^
chingyan1012 is offline   Reply With Quote
nick123 Male
Super Junior Member

#34 Old 20-08-2010 Default Re: Stpm 2011

Hey, people! How do you determine if the extra subject you have chosen actually 'clashes' with your existing subjects in STPM 2011?

Take Biology and Perakaunan for example. One set of papers from the pair seem to be held at the same time and day for 3 consecutive years. However, teachers claim that the STPM may vary from year to year.

So, any idea how to determine this?
nick123 is offline   Reply With Quote
cat_55 Female
Super Junior Member

#35 Old 13-09-2010 Default Re: Stpm 2011

greetings~ i'll be sitting for STPM 2011 too, taking subjects Biology, Chemistry, Maths and the "notorious", torturing, heartbreaking PA [i'm trying my best not to dislike the subject]

anyways, i entered class after the teachers had rushed 2 weeks syllabus
and they say class starts AFTER PLKN ends LIAR!
good thing i managed to catch up with my friends' help...

but i still have yet to decide what course i'm aiming for, haiz decisions decisions...
cat_55 is offline   Reply With Quote
RevolveR Female
Super Junior Member

#36 Old 22-09-2010 Default Re: Stpm 2011

Hi guys..lower six here.. currently taking maths S, P.AM, History(4 volumes ), and Arts. Well I transferred from science stream class.I don't have interests in science subjects anymore..

I personally found that P.AM is fun to study.just like history too.
RevolveR is offline   Reply With Quote
Alexis Ma
ReCom Staff
Wiki Contributor

#37 Old 22-09-2010 Default Re: Stpm 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick123 View Post
Hey, people! How do you determine if the extra subject you have chosen actually 'clashes' with your existing subjects in STPM 2011?

Take Biology and Perakaunan for example. One set of papers from the pair seem to be held at the same time and day for 3 consecutive years. However, teachers claim that the STPM may vary from year to year.

So, any idea how to determine this?
Nick, I had a friend who faced this problem too, but I am not sure how it was resolved. Your best bet would be to give the MOE, their examinations syndicate, a call.
eric_cm6554 Male
Super Junior Member

#38 Old 21-10-2010 Default Re: Stpm 2011

hi~I'm a newbie here who are really interested in STPM...I'm currently Form5 and is going to sit for SPM soon~
I'm interested in the options of subjects offered in Form6~and also the compulsory subjects, if many~most importantly, are language subjects like Bahasa Melayu or English made compulsory?
One more thing~Is MUET the same as Pengajian Am? Are we gojng to study MUET, or Pengajian Am, or both?
Thanks~

Last edited by eric_cm6554; 21-10-2010 at 10:33 PM.
eric_cm6554 is offline   Reply With Quote
Li Shan Shung Male

#39 Old 21-10-2010 Default Re: Stpm 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric_cm6554 View Post
hi~I'm a newbie here who are really interested in STPM...I'm currently Form5 and is going to sit for SPM soon~
I'm interested in the options of subjects offered in Form6~and also the compulsory subjects, if many~most importantly, are language subjects like Bahasa Melayu or English made compulsory?
One more thing~Is MUET the same as Pengajian Am? Are we gojng to study MUET, or Pengajian Am, or both?
Thanks~
Hi there.
I am a former STPM science student. So I am not sure about the arts aspects in stpm. Will try my best to answer your questions.

STPM is divided into arts and science. We are allowed to take 4-5 subjects for stpm. For science, the compulsory subjects are PA, Maths T and chemistry. You have the option of taking biology or physics or both. I have friends who took chinese and economics. Physics classes and bio classes are conducted separately. PA is a core subject for stpm.

Unless you're an arts student taking languages, there are no compulsory language subjects for stpm. However, english lessons are conducted in schools to prepare you for MUET. It is a good opportunity for you to practise speaking and writing for MUET. MUET is an english test compulsory for university entrance. Therefore, no MUET = no university. On the other hand, if you have already sat for and passed your MUET, you don't have to take MUET again in form 6. And in some cases, the school allows you to skip MUET lessons in school. Do remember that each MUET cert is only valid for 2 years. Beyond that renders it worthless.

Note that the information provided is based on my experience of form 6 in 2008/09. The system has changed so much that sixth-formers have to stay till 4pm. Do check it out with your seniors.
nick123 Male
Super Junior Member

#40 Old 12-12-2010 Default Re: Stpm 2011

Well, I ended up not taking for a fifth subject eventually. Couldn't manage my existing subjects and I end up opting for two major posts in school.

Anyway, I would really appreciate it if the seniors or current Lower Six batch could share their opinions or experiences on how to improve and revise for Pengajian Am, especially the essays part aside from just reading directly from articles in magazines. Or even better, the methodology your teachers utilize in school...

Thanks.
nick123 is offline   Reply With Quote