ReCom.org
SPM & STPM Post questions on SPM and STPM topics ONLY.

Stpm 2011

zanyzephyr Male
Less Junior Member

#41 Old 13-12-2010 Default Re: Stpm 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick123 View Post
Well, I ended up not taking for a fifth subject eventually. Couldn't manage my existing subjects and I end up opting for two major posts in school.

Anyway, I would really appreciate it if the seniors or current Lower Six batch could share their opinions or experiences on how to improve and revise for Pengajian Am, especially the essays part aside from just reading directly from articles in magazines. Or even better, the methodology your teachers utilize in school...

Thanks.
As for Pengajian Am, its always Practice, Practice and practice for the essay.As what the subject has portrayed by itself, Pengajian AM, meaning general studies.

In this case, what you can do is do as much essays as you can do when you have the time. Remember to complete your school homework as your essays gauged by your teacher can allow you to know if you are heading for the right direction.

Be alert of what is going on around Malaysia, including the latest news or the recurring incidences which has happened a year before. Example, lately there has been plenty of suicide and car accidents. There might be a real high chance for the MPM to set questions like these next year.

Another thing is, grasp the format and way of steering your essays. You must know what is the point(ISI), its elaboration(HURAIAN) and examplese aka details(contoh) CLEARLY. Make sure they are at least 75% real when you write them so that your explanation or statement(HUJAH) is concrete.

Last thing is be smart. There are funny questions at time, and you need to be flexible in using your points over and over again. For sciences, its easy because a FACT is a FACT. It's printed all over the book and its definitely right.

As for arts, you really need to keep and eye for the latest news. Like I have stressed, practices are essential because they really do assess you and help you in getting multiple similar points into your head, allow you to reuse them in different essay questions from a different prospective.

I am happy to say my essay has always been fairly scored, and I managed to nab A and A- in every PA examinations in my school.

My advice to the youngsters for PA is, be alert, stay focused in the question and really, you have got to be a lil street smart instead of book smart in treating PA questions. Because, by the end of the day, what matters most is if your essays has had make any sense.

STPMer 2010 in SMKSS17, and I have Maths 2 tomorrow!!!!!

Trembling away~
zanyzephyr is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to zanyzephyr For This Useful Post:
PowerScout Male
Super Junior Member

#42 Old 19-12-2010 Default Re: Stpm 2011

Erm I have a question. If I'm from art stream, can i take further maths in STPM ?
PowerScout is offline   Reply With Quote
nick123 Male
Super Junior Member

#43 Old 19-12-2010 Default Re: Stpm 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerScout View Post
Erm I have a question. If I'm from art stream, can i take further maths in STPM ?

If I'm not mistaken, Further Mathematics T can only be taken with Mathematics T. So, I'm afraid you can't.
nick123 is offline   Reply With Quote
kaiyi Female

#44 Old 21-12-2010 Default Re: Stpm 2011

What course are you intended to do in university? Some of the high demand courses require high CGPA to enter (and sometimes luck too). My teacher used to tell me that chinese student (i assume you a chinese) needs to score at least 2.0 to enter local U. You can try to apply Kplspm and polytechnique and choose course related to biology. If you want to stay for STPM, then just WORK HARD. Half year has past and there is still 1 year to go.
Super Junior Member

#45 Old 21-12-2010 Default Re: Stpm 2011

Yup~ im chinese. How u know that? haha. Im interested in dentistry and veterinary. May i know how valueble the polytechnique diploma certificate compared to degree?
JAYanne is offline   Reply With Quote
wahaha Female
Super Junior Member

#46 Old 23-12-2010 Default Re: Stpm 2011

hi there...
i'm also the lower six students of 2010...will be sitting for the STPM 2011....
i am taking the subjects: chemistry, biology, pengajian am and also mathematics-T...
now i am so worry about my exam for next year now as my result in the this year exam are not good...i have only get 2.70++ in my exam...and i have aimed to taking for medcine or pharmacist in my future...so i really hope there is a way for me to improve my result effectively....the subject i most worry is chemistry...i always can't score well in my chemistry....any suggestion of books or website for me to get some useful information? and anyway for me to improve it??? help pleaseee....TT
wahaha is offline   Reply With Quote
Mini Male
Super Junior Member

#47 Old 24-12-2010 Default Re: Stpm 2011

Can any senior give the tips on how to study PA,BIO,CHEMISTRY and MATH T?
Mini is offline   Reply With Quote
esy Male
Super Junior Member

#48 Old 26-12-2010 Default Re: Stpm 2011

Hi,everyone.I am new to this forum.I have finished spm and will take form 6 next year.I have some questions which i hope you all can help me.
1)What is the time for form 6 class to begin and to end?Or it depends on school?
2)Is that form 6 leaver will be more likely to be accepted by IPTA than private university?
3)About the co-
curriculum,must i be very active or just need to involve in a club or an uniformed-body?
esy is offline   Reply With Quote
sabrinahl Female
Super Junior Member

#49 Old 27-12-2010 Default Re: Stpm 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by li shan shung View Post
form 6 has just started so couple of weeks ago. Welcome to cohort 2010-2011 form 6. Feel free to discuss anything about form 6, muet, your lower 6 orientation, self-introduction, subjects, stpm, trial, and whatever applicable in form 6.

Seniors, please try to help out these juniors with their questions. After all, we were once in their shoes too.

I'll start off.
I am an stpm-er 2009, soon-to-be nus-er. I took physics, biology, chemistry, maths t and pengajian am for my stpm.

Let's get the thread rolling!!

ps~~~~~ how to register our nombor unik ???
sabrinahl is offline   Reply With Quote
sugan Male

#50 Old 27-12-2010 Default Re: Stpm 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by esy View Post
Hi,everyone.I am new to this forum.I have finished spm and will take form 6 next year.I have some questions which i hope you all can help me.
1)What is the time for form 6 class to begin and to end?Or it depends on school?
2)Is that form 6 leaver will be more likely to be accepted by IPTA than private university?
3)About the co-
curriculum,must i be very active or just need to involve in a club or an uniformed-body?
based on my year stpm 2009/2010,

1) it depends on the school, my school usually ends at 2.30pm but my former school ends at 4.00pm.

2) from what i see that, most stpm students tend to enrol local universities than private universities.*

3)if you are going to apply for competitive course in local universities, it would be good to have high extracurricular marks. I dont think private universities prioritizes extracurricular activities.*

* personal opinion
________
new developments in Jomtien

Last edited by sugan; 14-09-2011 at 04:42 PM.
sugan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sugan For This Useful Post: