ReCom.org
SPM & STPM Post questions on SPM and STPM topics ONLY.

Stpm 2011

esy Male
Super Junior Member

#51 Old 28-12-2010 Default Re: Stpm 2011

Thanks sugan.Your help will be greatly appreciated.
esy is offline   Reply With Quote
Veen Male
Super Junior Member

#52 Old 03-01-2011 Default Re: Stpm 2011

Hi there...
I am going to sit for STPM 2011...Hope I can get some help from the seniors...I am really frustrated by my end year results...Hope this thread will help all six-formers out there...
Veen is offline   Reply With Quote
CelineD Female
ReCom Staff
ReMag Writer

#53 Old 04-01-2011 Smile Re: Stpm 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by esy View Post
Hi,everyone.I am new to this forum.I have finished spm and will take form 6 next year.I have some questions which i hope you all can help me.
1)What is the time for form 6 class to begin and to end?Or it depends on school?
2)Is that form 6 leaver will be more likely to be accepted by IPTA than private university?
3)About the co-
curriculum,must i be very active or just need to involve in a club or an uniformed-body?
hello i would love to answer your question...my answer is slightly different from sugan's but well...

1) Both schools that i've been to for form 6 end around 1:10. Some schools may end later though.
2) Both accept them. but many apply 4 local. (that's y they chose STPM) we are also encouraged to apply to local. I recently heard that certain local unis accept more matric students 4 certain degree programs though...so certain unis accept less f6 people that others...
3)As far as I know, most schools decide on a certain club, sport and uniformed body 4 sixers to join. the activity depends on school. Most of the time the clubs and activities chosen are relevant to what we learn (eg Research club), so you would benefit from being involved.
...And of course there's also student council, where a group of people are chosen to lead the sixers to organise stuff in school and assist the teachers...

be involved, but do balance it up with studies. and f6 means study hard. Real hard. [involvement helps in us seeing school from a mature point of view]<-- (this is my personal opinion)...

source: i'm an upper sixer that transferred stream last year

all d best...

to veen...same here did okay but not good enough in my book. i guess it's not too late to buck up on those weak subjects this year. and do notice the popular topics in exam. mastering these well will help us fare better. (a teacher just gave this good piece of advice to us 2day)

PS question to everyone here: seems like there r more science that arts students in f6. anyone know why? ;)

Here's my blog/writing wonderland: Deb's Ink Trail

nice to meet you :D
Twitter

Last edited by CelineD; 04-01-2011 at 04:32 PM.
CelineD is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CelineD For This Useful Post:
kengyik Male
Super Junior Member

#54 Old 07-01-2011 Default Re: Stpm 2011

hey guys,i encounter a math question (math T stpm chapter 1)..Below is the content of the question=>

A transmission tower is planted on a slope of a hill which is elevated at an angle of 17*51' to the horizontal.Then angle of depression of the top of the tower from a point Q,which is situated at a distance of 150m from the foot of the tower up the hill,is 9*38'. Find the height of the tower.

I cant even imagine the picture of the question haiz.Someone teaches me T.T Thank you

Ans:20.2m
kengyik is offline   Reply With Quote
Veen Male
Super Junior Member

#55 Old 12-01-2011 Smile Re: Stpm 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by kengyik View Post
hey guys,i encounter a math question (math T stpm chapter 1)..Below is the content of the question=>

A transmission tower is planted on a slope of a hill which is elevated at an angle of 17*51' to the horizontal.Then angle of depression of the top of the tower from a point Q,which is situated at a distance of 150m from the foot of the tower up the hill,is 9*38'. Find the height of the tower.

I cant even imagine the picture of the question haiz.Someone teaches me T.T Thank you

Ans:20.2m
I think you need to get the diagram right first.Then you will be able to identify the angles that is needed to be found.This is wat my school sir told the class.
KenT13
Slightly Senior Member

#56 Old 12-01-2011 Default Re: Stpm 2011

yup seniors i got question to ask what's the diff between maths T and Maths S
KenT13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Veen Male
Super Junior Member

#57 Old 12-01-2011 Default Re: Stpm 2011

The Maths S1 and Maths T1 is the same basically.The main difference is between the Maths S2 and Maths T2.From what i heard from my school teachers the difference is Maths S2 is the topics taught.In Maths S2 they have more topics on probability whereas in Maths T2 we have a mixture of different topics.Pls correct me if I am wrong.
klaudius Female
Super Junior Member

#58 Old 14-01-2011 Default Re: Stpm 2011

Hi everyone!
I just started my upper 6 this year. i might need some help/advice from Seniors too. Im in Science class, my subjects are PA,Bio,Chem & MathT =D
And,if theres anything i can help and i know,i'll be glad to reply or post it here!

Yes Veen, u're correct.
For the Art class students, they'll take Math S and Math T is for Science class students.
In Math S, theres paper 1 and paper 2. (Same goes for Math T).
For paper1, Math S and T have exactly the same topics.
But in paper2, Math S and T have different topics.
=]

Btw,i need to look for a dissection kit for my upcoming rat dissection exp =)
How much does it cost? Any1 knows?
klaudius is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to klaudius For This Useful Post:
gjy677 Male
Less Junior Member

#59 Old 16-01-2011 Default Re: Stpm 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by klaudius View Post
Hi everyone!
I just started my upper 6 this year. i might need some help/advice from Seniors too. Im in Science class, my subjects are PA,Bio,Chem & MathT =D
And,if theres anything i can help and i know,i'll be glad to reply or post it here!

Yes Veen, u're correct.
For the Art class students, they'll take Math S and Math T is for Science class students.
In Math S, theres paper 1 and paper 2. (Same goes for Math T).
For paper1, Math S and T have exactly the same topics.
But in paper2, Math S and T have different topics.
=]

Btw,i need to look for a dissection kit for my upcoming rat dissection exp =)
How much does it cost? Any1 knows?
Regarding dissection kit, don't your school provide it? My school provided it for us... ^^
gjy677 is offline   Reply With Quote
Mini Male
Super Junior Member

#60 Old 16-01-2011 Default Re: Stpm 2011

Klaudius,how to excel in math and chemistry?
Mini is offline   Reply With Quote