ReCom.org
SPM & STPM Post questions on SPM and STPM topics ONLY.

Stpm 2011

klaudius Female
Super Junior Member

#71 Old 21-01-2011 Default Re: Stpm 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by kengyik View Post
venn,thx for ur advise,i solved it ^^

klaudius what's ur school name? sounds attractive =.=

Actually i am also waiting for my SPM result and my decision is as same as esy too,that is to challenge SPTM !!

so now i am trying to master the math T first during this boring holiday -.- but it's quite difficult T.T

below is one of the questions again:

prove the following identities

cos x + sin x = sin x + cos x
1-tan x 1-cot x

i try to prove it from LHS but fail haiz..really challenging ^^

sourceelangi

Form 6 got a subject called further math right?
i have gone many bookstores,populars,MPH, but i never saw even a further math's reference book..=.= and what i can conclude after going these bookstores is that form 6 reference books are really limited.

WOW. it's good to know there are still students like u who choose to study STPM even though many people think its like the TOUGHEST EXAM IN THE WORLD!!!

Personally,i dont think its THAT TOUGH. It's just that there are so many topics to cover in STPM that u'll feel one and a half year is just not enough.
From SPM to STPM is like taking a huge leap. U'll still see most of the f4 f5 topics in f6 but everything is very detailed and many new terms n process to learn n remember (especially in Bio,Chem,those Science sub).
This is why when my mum first look at my f6 books, her face went or saying is this a book or an encyclopedia, why isit so BIG and FAT?

goodluck to all of u out there who will choose to walk the road not taken by many!

And i cant believe you have actually try doing Math on your holidays! *thumbs up* Damn rajin.
I was enjoying life after my SPM
Man...i havent study that chap in Math T yet. i have not idea except you can change

tan x to (sin x/cos x) and
cot x to (cos x/sin x) and
Cos2x + sin2x = 1

i admit Im bad in Math any Math pro got it?

Have you been to Minerva Bookstores in Town or im not sure if there's one in PJ. They have quite a lot of books for higher level education (a-levels,STPM,MUET,AUSMAT,engineering books,etc etc) You can find books by local or even foreign publishers. I guess they have wider choices on education books compared to Popular, Kinokuniya or MPH.
klaudius is offline   Reply With Quote
holyzshit Male
Super Junior Member

#72 Old 24-01-2011 Default Re: Stpm 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Li Shan Shung View Post
Hope I'm not too late with this advice.

I did the same thing. Only setback was I had to stay back after school to do physics experiments and occasionally the apparatus is faulty (electrical topics). Took extra lessons for physics. Definitely needs a lot of self-studying and understanding.

=( the teacher initially said i cud take paper 4 instead of practicals. but early this year, she suddenly requested that i do practicals. so i have to do the practicals after sch and one day earlier than the physics class at that somemoar =(.
holyzshit is offline   Reply With Quote
Li Shan Shung Male

#73 Old 06-02-2011 Default Re: Stpm 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by holyzshit View Post
=( the teacher initially said i cud take paper 4 instead of practicals. but early this year, she suddenly requested that i do practicals. so i have to do the practicals after sch and one day earlier than the physics class at that somemoar =(.
If possible, try to refer to your senior's/physics friends' lab reports. My experiments were always a disasters. Have to cram 3 experiments in one day, do experiments on my own (physics students do in groups or pair) and deal with malfunctioning apparatus. Sometime I don't even know what's wrong with my experiments. Thankfully I have references.
CelineD Female
ReCom Staff
ReMag Writer

#74 Old 13-02-2011 Default Re: Stpm 2011

Hi

Just wondering here...are there anyone of you here who consider yourself to be active in co-curricular activities in U6? May I ask, how do you balance your involvement in those activities and your studies? It's 'the year'...so time management would be pretty crucial here. How can we get the best of both worlds (Involved actively yet still doing well in studies?)

Thanks a million~

(Edit 14/2) PS, to mods (if you saw this): Can I do a general FAQ for F6 here on Recom? I noticed that there isn't one yet as far as I've searched...
There's a lot of good articles on pre-U from outside sources, like the Malaysia students website on this, for example, but well I think that there can be one here for the benefit of fellow wanderers coming after SPM There's like FAQ 4 the U's but I'm not sure about pre-U's yet...

Here's my blog/writing wonderland: Deb's Ink Trail

nice to meet you :D
Twitter

Last edited by CelineD; 14-02-2011 at 10:11 PM. Reason: additional question ^^
CelineD is offline   Reply With Quote
holyzshit Male
Super Junior Member

#75 Old 18-02-2011 Default Re: Stpm 2011

Be best friend with the president of the club and the teacher advisors =). and does anyone here has a maths T differentiation of standard functions formulae, sumthing like f(x) = tan x, f (x)' = sec^2x. thanks alot.

p.s. @celine, i think it's gonna be a waste of effort. since form 6 system is changing this year XD.

@Li, cramming 4 experiment at the moment >.<

Last edited by holyzshit; 18-02-2011 at 05:35 PM.
Veen Male
Super Junior Member

#76 Old 22-02-2011 Default Re: Stpm 2011

Hi all.i would just like to find out that is it important to attend tuitions in form6???

Hi all.i would just like to find out that is it important to attend tuitions in form6???

Last edited by Veen; 22-02-2011 at 05:12 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Veen is offline   Reply With Quote
Li Shan Shung Male

#77 Old 22-02-2011 Default Re: Stpm 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veen View Post

Depends on your teacher. Do you understand your topics? Some tutors provide more answering technique, essay examples and sample questions. Physics, maths and chemistry tuition are for reinforcement questions and better understanding. You could try out the tuition then decide whether you wish to continue or not.
The Following User Says Thank You to Li Shan Shung For This Useful Post:
cycycy Female
ReCom Staff
ReMag Writer

#78 Old 22-02-2011 Default Re: Stpm 2011

Hello, just curious. For somebody who takes 5 subjects in STPM, are all 5 counted in the cgpa? Or the best 4?
Emily Dickinson~

* Blog * Facebook *
Once an Ausmatian, forever an Ausmatian. Ausmatians for life! (:

cycycy is offline   Reply With Quote
holyzshit Male
Super Junior Member

#79 Old 22-02-2011 Default Re: Stpm 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by cycycy View Post
Hello, just curious. For somebody who takes 5 subjects in STPM, are all 5 counted in the cgpa? Or the best 4?

only the best 4 are counted.
The Following User Says Thank You to holyzshit For This Useful Post:
CelineD Female
ReCom Staff
ReMag Writer

#80 Old 23-02-2011 Default Re: Stpm 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by holyzshit View Post
Be best friend with the president of the club and the teacher advisors =).
p.s. @celine, i think it's gonna be a waste of effort. since form 6 system is changing this year XD.
Thanks for the reminder there

However, I asked my teacher about this and she said that the system was going to be the same?
Haha nevermind...when the lowers come in this May (and as student council reps we handle the whole thing...) we will be more sure about the system...that time only see lah xD

Now, to find icebreakers for the orientation day...anyone got ideas?

Here's my blog/writing wonderland: Deb's Ink Trail

nice to meet you :D
Twitter
CelineD is offline   Reply With Quote