ReCom.org
SPM & STPM Post questions on SPM and STPM topics ONLY.

Stpm 2011

Chelsea Female
ReCom Staff
Wiki Contributor

#81 Old 23-02-2011 Default Re: Stpm 2011

the system is going to change??? how is the lower six system going to change?
Super Junior Member

#82 Old 24-02-2011 Default Re: Stpm 2011

i heard the system is going to be changed to semester form...not quite sure how will it be..i think it will be something like college system...
Veen is offline   Reply With Quote
kinon Male
Super Junior Member

#83 Old 24-02-2011 Default Re: Stpm 2011

When will the changes start? I mean i haven't heard any news related about stpm years becoming college. Anyway just dropping by saying good luck to my fellow stpm takers this year. Its gonna be hard but let's give it our best shot yeah!
ReCom Staff
ReMag Writer

#84 Old 24-02-2011 Smile Re: Stpm 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelsea View Post
the system is going to change??? how is the lower six system going to change?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veen View Post
i heard the system is going to be changed to semester form...not quite sure how will it be..i think it will be something like college system...
The rumored change is that STPM would become semester based, or modular, meaning that your final pointer is going to be the accumulated exam marks of each semester instead of cramming into one huge final exam like now(aka college and uni-style). However, the news is NOT official yet. We'll only know for sure most likely towards the orientation this year in May

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinon View Post
When will the changes start? I mean i haven't heard any news related about stpm years becoming college. Anyway just dropping by saying good luck to my fellow stpm takers this year. Its gonna be hard but let's give it our best shot yeah!
All the best to you too! xD

Here's my blog/writing wonderland: Deb's Ink Trail

nice to meet you :D
Twitter
CelineD is offline   Reply With Quote
holyzshit Male
Super Junior Member

#85 Old 26-02-2011 Default Re: Stpm 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by CelineD View Post
Thanks for the reminder there

However, I asked my teacher about this and she said that the system was going to be the same?
Haha nevermind...when the lowers come in this May (and as student council reps we handle the whole thing...) we will be more sure about the system...that time only see lah xD

Now, to find icebreakers for the orientation day...anyone got ideas?

station game wud be nice. or something motivating such as how form 6 isn't the wastebin for schlarships failures e.g. something like form 6 students could get into cambridge too XD
holyzshit is offline   Reply With Quote
Li Shan Shung Male

#86 Old 27-02-2011 Default Re: Stpm 2011

Form 6 is not a wastebin for scholarship rejects. "All roads lead to Rome." Form 6 is just a different path in life. FYI, there is a Form 6 student studying Medicine in Cambridge. And he's a famous recomer too.
The Following User Says Thank You to Li Shan Shung For This Useful Post:
weixiang Male

#87 Old 27-02-2011 Default Re: Stpm 2011

If you think that you are really good, Form 6 will be the best choice. STPM is the test that really gauge your understanding skill instead of memorizing everything (just like a parrot).

Btw, being the most senior in your school, you will get many leadership chances too. It's a good opportunity to brush your communication skill.

Keep yourself updated with latest news here.
weixiang is offline   Reply With Quote
holyzshit Male
Super Junior Member

#88 Old 04-03-2011 Default Re: Stpm 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Li Shan Shung View Post
Form 6 is not a wastebin for scholarship rejects. "All roads lead to Rome." Form 6 is just a different path in life. FYI, there is a Form 6 student studying Medicine in Cambridge. And he's a famous recomer too.

sorry if i misled some of you. i din't mean that form 6 is hopeless. i'm just pointing out that lower 6 students should not think like that, in fact, form 6 has nurtured some of the most successful person in my sch.

p.s. sorry if u think i meant otherwise
holyzshit is offline   Reply With Quote
kaiyi Female

#89 Old 06-03-2011 Default Re: Stpm 2011

I actually choose Form 6 over matriculation as the latter will only allows me for IPTA entrance (wanted to give myself the last chance of going overseas). After I entered Form 6, I actually discovered that some of my classmates gave up JPA or local scholarship to enter Form 6 (aimed for NUS/NUS and overseas though).

For the changing rumours, they were flying all over the place since I entered Form 6 (I'm second semester in uni now). Who knows when will they start to implement the system?
Super Junior Member

#90 Old 06-03-2011 Default Re: Stpm 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiyi View Post
I actually choose Form 6 over matriculation as the latter will only allows me for IPTA entrance (wanted to give myself the last chance of going overseas). After I entered Form 6, I actually discovered that some of my classmates gave up JPA or local scholarship to enter Form 6 (aimed for NUS/NUS and overseas though).

For the changing rumours, they were flying all over the place since I entered Form 6 (I'm second semester in uni now). Who knows when will they start to implement the system?
Guess u r having great time in ANU. Haha, actually it's not too bad to enter f6 because if u work hard enough, u might end up getting d huge sum of money offered by 1MDB. Prerequisite is that u must score well in STPM, just like what Kai Yi has undergone. ;D
Xtraordinary is offline   Reply With Quote