ReCom.org
Jabatan Perkhidmatan Awam (JPA) Scholarships Everything about scholarships provided by the Public Services Department of Malaysia

JPA 2011 Experience Sharing

charginup
Super Junior Member

#1 Old 08-04-2011 Smile JPA 2011 Experience Sharing

Hi. Would you guys like to share some JPA interview experience here? They do it every year so I think we should too. It'd be useful to future interviewees too. We'll start on the 12th of April, first day of interviews.

Glassy's Edit: All chat posts should go in the Chat Forum. Only serious, discussion posts should be posted in this thread.

Examples of chat posts include: "When's your interview? Mine is on Friday."
"I just had my interview! Good luck to everyone else who will be having theirs!"
"My interview's tomorrow -- so nervous!"

Please keep this thread strictly for the sharing of experiences in your interview.

Any chat posts found will be deleted without warning.

Last edited by Glassylicious; 12-04-2011 at 05:24 PM.
charginup is offline   Reply With Quote
Nicholasng925 Male
ReCom Staff
Wiki Contributor

#2 Old 08-04-2011 Default Re: JPA 2011 Experience Sharing

Quote:
Originally Posted by charginup View Post
Hi. Would you guys like to share some JPA interview experience here? They do it every year so I think we should too. It'd be useful to future interviewees too. We'll start on the 12th of April, first day of interviews.
We don't really do it every year. It started since last year I think, my batch.

1. Out of clutter, find simplicity.
2. From discord, find harmony.
3. In the middle of difficulty, lies opportunity.
=[{Albert Einstein}]=

Feel free to visit my blog here!!!
Nicholasng925 is offline   Reply With Quote
charginup
Super Junior Member

#3 Old 08-04-2011 Default Re: JPA 2011 Experience Sharing

Oh, sorry. I saw it in the 2010 post and they say Recomers of previous years also do it...

So be nice.
charginup is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to charginup For This Useful Post:
yanno_yamster Female
ReCom Staff
Wiki Contributor

#4 Old 08-04-2011 Default Re: JPA 2011 Experience Sharing

Well, in the previous years everything was kinda lumped up together in a single thread...

May you be well and happy!!! :)
yanno_yamster is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to yanno_yamster For This Useful Post:
george1209 Male
Less Junior Member

#5 Old 08-04-2011 Default Re: JPA 2011 Experience Sharing

i think the interviews , you just pretend it to be like you are talking to a friend about yourself, your future plan, and etc..just don't be freak out or nervous during the conversation..before you go, make sure you have all the documents required,personal identification,certs,and etc.. don't do it at the last minute,you will make yourself more desperate when you find things goes wrong ..so,about attire..just wear a formal attire with close shoes, those leather shoes or whatever that makes you look smart, they feel comfortable with you..i think you know the first impression is very very important..make sure you know how to go to your interview venue .. you don't want to loss this chance by going wrong way during that day..do a little homeworks about the field you are going to step into..some latest issues may should be concern too..before that i had heard about when they ask you questions in BM, you should reply in BM.. i found that no harm on putting in BI ..i personally asked the interviewer that times.. but it really depends on the interviewer you get on that day.. some room may have two interviewer, but mine was three interviewer, one of them was a pharmacist which might more experiences..so, just show your best to the interviewer and be confident with your choice.. DON'T EVER SAY YOU MIGHT/MAY OR TRY ON YOUR CHOSEN FIELD..this will totally makes them have doubt on your choice.. =) so good luck guys.. hope to be your future senior and see you soon..
george1209 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to george1209 For This Useful Post:
kiddos_11 Male
Super Junior Member

#6 Old 08-04-2011 Default Re: JPA 2011 Experience Sharing

about the documents that need to be verified, does it mean that we have to bring photocopies of IC and birth certificates to school to be verified?
kiddos_11 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to kiddos_11 For This Useful Post:
vampiric_guy_01 Male

#7 Old 08-04-2011 Default Re: JPA 2011 Experience Sharing

good thread for the next year... but maybe its too early.. XD
anyway all the best for those who going for interview this year

God made us with a reason and give us the best path... i'm here with a reason and so are you....
Be the best of yourself and live life
vampiric_guy_01 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vampiric_guy_01 For This Useful Post:
yanno_yamster Female
ReCom Staff
Wiki Contributor

#8 Old 08-04-2011 Default Re: JPA 2011 Experience Sharing

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiddos_11 View Post
about the documents that need to be verified, does it mean that we have to bring photocopies of IC and birth certificates to school to be verified?
Yes.

May you be well and happy!!! :)
yanno_yamster is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to yanno_yamster For This Useful Post:
george1209 Male
Less Junior Member

#9 Old 08-04-2011 Default Re: JPA 2011 Experience Sharing

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiddos_11 View Post
absolutely the answer is yes!! every single documents that are photocopied need to be verified..i remember my year, those school curiculum n co-curiculum's certs that photocopied must be verified too.. so, to be safe, verified those photocopied documents.. better do more copies on IC,BIRTH CERT,SPM RESULT,PARENTS IC ..at least these copies are required in quite a number in the process of applying scholarship until you got it..
george1209 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to george1209 For This Useful Post:
Nicholasng925 Male
ReCom Staff
Wiki Contributor

#10 Old 09-04-2011 Default Re: JPA 2011 Experience Sharing

I thought this thread was meant for interview experiences sharing. Any question regarding JPA, please post it here.

1. Out of clutter, find simplicity.
2. From discord, find harmony.
3. In the middle of difficulty, lies opportunity.
=[{Albert Einstein}]=

Feel free to visit my blog here!!!
Nicholasng925 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nicholasng925 For This Useful Post: