ReCom.org
Jabatan Perkhidmatan Awam (JPA) Scholarships Everything about scholarships provided by the Public Services Department of Malaysia

JPA 2011 Experience Sharing

kumiko_teah Female
Less Junior Member

#91 Old 13-04-2011 Default Re: JPA 2011 Experience Sharing

Wow,other people seems had a killing interview though. mine was like okey..

Course: Korea Engineering
Venue: USM,Penang
Placement: 2.05 p.m. | Panel 3 | 2 male interviewers 2 female interviewers| 4 interviewees consist of 2 females, 2 male | time : 1 hour and 5 minutes i think

Extra: Paper and pen are not provided | Group discussion | No shooting |No notebooks, bags allowed

Questions:
  1. Introduction (Malay because he asked us in Malay but girl asked permission 2 answer in english and got the permission.)
  2. They asked us to tell more in details about our applied course.
  3. Kenapa awak pilih korea ek? terinigin juga nak tahu.
  4. What sparks you in chemical engineering?
  5. Discussion: 1.How will you promote malaysia in other country
  6. Dicsuccion: 2. what is ur opinion about day without plastic bags?
more details u can go to http://www.recom.org/forum/showpost....2&postcount=45

Advice: smile and don't be nervous. Make sure u don't slouch on ur chairs. sit upright. and be honest. Honesty is the best policy..^^

hwaiting~!
kumiko_teah is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to kumiko_teah For This Useful Post:
leeashroe Female
ReCom Staff
Wiki Contributor

#92 Old 13-04-2011 Default Re: JPA 2011 Experience Sharing

Course : Economics (Sastera Ikhtisas)
Venue : UTM, Skudai, Johore
Placement :

- 3 interviewers : an engineer/lecturer, a gynaecologist/lecturer, an administration member of UiTM (or maybe a Lecturer too, I am not so sure)

- 5 students interviewed : 2 applying for Law, 1 German Engineering, 1 Sastera Ikhtisas Timur Tengah, 1 Sastera Ikhtisas (me)

Questions

1. Introduce yourself, your family background, the course you're applying for and the country you're hoping to go.

Law
- terangkan sistem perundangan di Malaysia
- Di bahagian Mahkamah yang manakah anda lihat diri anda bekerja?
- Will you work for the government or the private sector?

Engineering
- Do you know the consequences of doing engineering in Germany?
(# You will have to do 30 months of preparation here in Malaysia first before going to Germany)
- The boy applied for ChemE, and Germany is well-known for MechE, so the interviewer asked for his reasons
- Apakah kelebihan German yang menarik minat anda untuk belajar di sana?

Sastera Ikhtisas
- For the Timur Tengah : sekiranya anda ditawarkan untuk membuat Masters di Jordan, adakah anda akan buat? Bila anda mahu pulang ke Malaysia? Adakah anda akan berkahwin di sana?
- for both of us : Sebagai ahli ekonomi, pada pendapat anda apakah lagi yang perlu dilakukan untuk meningkatkan ekonomi negara?

Rate : 6/10 I think I could do better :/

Advice : Since I slouch, the whole hour was too painful for me. So if you slouch, please practice sitting straightly at home first. You don't need papers and pens by the way. And I believe "Saya akan pulang ke Malaysia kerana impian saya adalah untuk berbakti kepada negara" is a cliched, overly-used statement that we still have to use. Is there any other way to rephrase this statement? I honestly have no idea how to.

Good luck guys!
Cathie
Super Junior Member

#93 Old 13-04-2011 Default Re: JPA 2011 Experience Sharing

Quote:
Originally Posted by ureshii_xD View Post
Course: Japan Engineering
Venue: Kelantan
Placement: 9:40 a.m. | Panel 2 | 3 male interviewers | 5 interviewees consist of 3 females, 2 males | about 40 minutes

Extra: Paper is provided but not used, pen is not provided | No group discussion | Yes to shooting

Questions:
  1. Introduction (didn't specific) (Eng)
  2. Why choose the course? (Eng)
  3. Why choose that country? (Eng & Malay)
  4. Name famous architect in Malaysia? How about the world? (Eng)
  5. You choose architectual but you've no subjects that's related to it during High School so, why is it like this? (Malay)
  6. They ask something about the brand of cars made from France (Eng)
  7. Name famous lawyer in Malaysia? In Kelantan too. (Eng)
  8. Recent court issues (Malay)
  9. What can the Japanese engineers do to improve the safety of building (I think) when another earthquake hits? (Malay I think)
  10. Do you want to go overseas by your own accord? Or there's influence (Malay)

This is just the summary of my session since I'm sure there's people here who's going for the noon sessions and is waiting for people to post. I will edit this with a link to my LJ after I write a proper full account of it.

Note: Those particular questions that ask about particular subject is directed to particular student applying for that particular course | Good luck to the later interview sessions and the future ones!
A tough one... I think!
Cathie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Cathie For This Useful Post:
weiliang Male
Less Junior Member

#94 Old 13-04-2011 Default Re: JPA 2011 Experience Sharing

Quote:
Originally Posted by yiling View Post
Experience of a friend of mine. He wanted to be anonymous

Course applied: Medicine

Venue: INTEC, UiTM

Experience:

My experience in the interview for the scholarship provided by the Public Service Department was exciting and unexpected. I went there at 8.00am and met minor traffic jam along the highway to Shah Alam. Reaching there at 9.00am, I immediately entered the Block W of INTEC in University Teknologi Mara. I saw a crowd staring at 3 boards, searching for the name of shortlisted candidates. I found my name at the Panel 1 at 9.40am column. I went up the staircase together. The staircase was small and can only accommodate two thin persons at most. I entered the waiting room to register and got the Number 3 after handed my documents to the officer in-charge.

I realised I was the only boy for that time being. Basically, there were five persons per panel, but since one was absent, we were comprised three girls and one boy (two of the girls applied for dentistry whereas the other one applied medicine course as I did). At 9.30am, we were called by the officer to enter the interview room. There were three interviewers (two men and one woman). We were greeted and asked two basic questions: ?have you had your breakfast?? and ?have you had your lunch??. I knew their intention was to reduce our stress levels. Then, we were asked to introduce ourselves with name, family backgrounds and co-curricular achievements included in our introductions. I could say that I started to stagger as I felt the nervousness building up and the adrenaline making my heart pump harder. However, after a while, I found myself relaxing as I began to enjoy the interview session. Below were the questions they asked to us:

1.) Who is your favourite idol besides your family members?

2.) Mengapakah pendermaan organ tidak popular di Malaysia? (Why is the organ donation not popular in Malaysia?)

3.) What quality should a doctor have?

Last but not least, they asked us to ask them a question or thank them if you want. I chose to thank them as appreciation (hope I did not regret). I shook the male interviewers? hands and bowed to the female interviewer (warning: do not simply shake the opposite sex?s hands, especially when you are a boy candidate and that interviewer is a Malay woman! I know that there are some who are open-minded but it is better to take note of this).

I could say that research is a must before entering the interview room and enjoy the whole session as it would be your last moment in that room. Passionate and natural smile would be a bonus point during the interview session and bringing a notebook would not harm you from jotting down some points before you speak. Greet to the interviewers is a good plus point to give them a great impression. The most important thing everyone must do for the entire interview session is to be CALM.
yiling, that "anonymous" called me to come here to see what you posted here. lol
weiliang is offline   Reply With Quote
mraazlan
Super Junior Member

#95 Old 13-04-2011 Post JPA 2011 Experience Sharing

Ini hanyalah temuduga dan pengalaman saya. Each interviews are differ from others depends on the interviewers itself.

Course Applied: Diploma Kejuruteraan Jepun

Venue: INTEC, Shah Alam

Date / Time: 13 April 2011 / 2.55 pm.

I think the most important things to get a scholarship is to be what they want us to be. For me, I only get 9A's and a B, mostly who gets straight A's will applied engineering in Europe. So I chose Japan.

Preparation Before.
Make sure u did prepare all the documents a day earlier. Kalau tidak jadi kelam kabut lah macam saya. -__-
I did make some research on my course and a bit of current issues. I didn't arrive too early yet too late. I had been inform to come thirty minute early so I came around 2.
I think I was lucky because most of the interviewee from the same panel with me were already there (I was in panel 2). So I approached one of them, and the others starting to approach me back.
They were Loga (German Engineering), Nicole (Economics), Joy (Seni Bina) and Hasif (ASIS-German Engineering) in my group.

The Interview
We did the introduction in BI and I was asked to do it in Japan. So I did it and one of the interviewers was like "Oh, I only know Sayonara" haha. Oh there were 3 beautiful woman as the interviewers. One is a Chemical Engineer and others are both Professors. Secara keseluruhan introduction saya agak laju dan kelakar. Pastikan anda mendengar soalan dengan betul dan fokus, senyum sikit2. Alolo.

So after the introduction, we were ask about what courses are we taking and why. Most of us spend about 20 minutes on this -____- HAHA and I'm glad we did. I didnt expect that they would ask me specifically on Japan but they did. They asked me about the tea ceremony, highest mountain in Japan and technology on bullet in Japan. Apa yang saya tahu saya jawab dengan yakin dan elaborate, apa yang saya kurang pasti saya cakap saya kurang pasti dan tidak tahu. Atau jawapan cliche "I've heard about it but I didnt study about it further yet, sorry" HAHA

We didn't have group discussion and I was really glad. We took so much time talking about our courses and what will we contribute to the nation if we get to graduate. And I was surprised that our interview took up about 1 hour +++ and akak yang dekat ruang menunggu tu pun tanya "eh kenapa lama sangat td?". So, the key is talk talk and keep talking kalau nak elakkan group discussion HAHA jk jk.

Overall I think it was a great experience. Just be yourself and relax. Show them respect and smile. Oh I think it was 80% in Bi and 20% in Malay.

If Loga, Nicole, Joy or Hasif happens to read this, do say hi to me and exchange our Facebook link (mine is Amira Ilyani Azlan) . I'm looking forward for your updates

After The Interview
People were approaching me and asked how was it. Feel free to share your experiences. So I did exchange our Facebook link and wishes them good luck.

So these are some questions given to me and others in the group and some are from my friends who did the interview today.

1) Do you know about green building? Green Technology?
2) Nowadays, children attitude towards parents are getting worst. what should parents do?
3) Should children choose the course to study by themselves or their parent?
4) Why want to go oversea not local?
5) What are the ratio of engineers in Malaysia, and is Malaysia having a shortage of engineers?
The answer is yes, but I didnt know the ratio. Malaysia has 60000 engineers but we need 200000. Even Singapore has 100000. -___-
6) What are the qualities Malaysia citizens should have?
7) They are talking about changing the Malaysian tertiary education system from English to Malay. What is your opinion? Something on PPSMI I think.
The technology in that country.>>>> For me, bullets in Japan. Gonna do some research. HEHE
9) How will u contribute to the nation.

Good Luck and sorry for the grammar mistakes.
Feel free to ask me anything. [email address]
*such a long entry, haha sorry, cant help it. -.-''

Last edited by mraazlan; 13-04-2011 at 11:01 PM.
mraazlan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mraazlan For This Useful Post:
iAdoreNaz

#96 Old 13-04-2011 Default Re: JPA 2011 Experience Sharing

Quote:
Originally Posted by mraazlan View Post
Ini hanyalah temuduga dan pengalaman saya. Each interviews are differ from others depends on the interviewers itself.

Course Applied: Diploma Kejuruteraan Jepun

Venue: INTEC, Shah Alam

Date / Time: 13 April 2011 / 2.55 pm.

I think the most important things to get a scholarship is to be what they want us to be. For me, I only get 9A's and a B, mostly who gets straight A's will applied engineering in Europe. So I chose Japan.

Preparation Before.
Make sure u did prepare all the documents a day earlier. Kalau tidak jadi kelam kabut lah macam saya. -__-
I did make some research on my course and a bit of current issues. I didn't arrive too early yet too late. I had been inform to come thirty minute early so I came around 2.
I think I was lucky because most of the interviewee from the same panel with me were already there (I was in panel 2). So I approached one of them, and the others starting to approach me back.
They were Loga (German Engineering), Nicole (Economics), Joy (Seni Bina) and Hasif (ASIS-German Engineering) in my group.

The Interview
We did the introduction in BI and I was asked to do it in Japan. So I did it and one of the interviewers was like "Oh, I only know Sayonara" haha. Oh there were 3 beautiful woman as the interviewers. One is a Chemical Engineer and others are both Professors. Secara keseluruhan introduction saya agak laju dan kelakar. Pastikan anda mendengar soalan dengan betul dan fokus, senyum sikit2. Alolo.

So after the introduction, we were ask about why we took the courses and why. Most of us spend about 20 minutes on this -____- HAHA and I'm glad we did. I didnt expect that they would ask me specifically on Japan but they did. They asked me about the tea ceremony, highest mountain in Japan and technology on bullet in Japan. Apa yang saya tahu saya jawab dengan yakin dan elaborate, apa yang saya kurang pasti saya cakap saya kurang pasti dan tidak tahu. Atau jawapan cliche "I've heard about it but I didnt study about it further yet, sorry" HAHA

We didn't have group discussion and I was really glad. We took so much time talking about our courses and what will we contribute to the nation if we get to graduate. And I was surprised that our interview took up about 1 hour +++ and akak yang dekat ruang menunggu tu pun tanya "eh kenapa lama sangat td?". So, the key is talk talk and keep talking kalau nak elakkan group discussion HAHA jk jk.

Overall I think it was a great experience. Just be yourself and relax. Show them respect and smile. Oh I think it was 80% in Bi and 20% in Malay.

If Loga, Nicole, Joy or Hasif happens to read this, do say hi to me and exchange our Facebook link (mine is Amira Ilyani Azlan) . I'm looking forward for your updates

After The Interview
People were approaching me and asked how was it. Feel free to share your experiences. So I did exchange our Facebook link and wishes them good luck.

So these are some questions given to me and others in the group and some are from my friends who did the interview today.

1) Do you know about green building? Green Technology?
2) Nowadays, children attitude towards parents are getting worst. what should parents do?
3) Should children choose the course to study by themselves or their parent?
4) Why want to go oversea not local?
5) What are the ratio of engineers in Malaysia, and is Malaysia having a shortage of engineers?
The answer is yes, but I didnt know the ratio. Malaysia has 60000 engineers but we need 200000. Even Singapore has 100000. -___-
6) What are the qualities Malaysia citizens should have?
7) They are talking about changing the Malaysian tertiary education system from English to Malay. What is your opinion? Something on PPSMI I think.
The technology in that country.>>>> For me, bullets in Japan. Gonna do some research. HEHE
9) How will u contribute to the nation.

Good Luck and sorry for the grammar mistakes.
Feel free to ask me anything. [email address]
*such a long entry, haha sorry, cant help it. -.-''
This one is indeed very useful. I've read a little bit about Green Technology and it turns out it's indeed might be one of the topic of discussion during the interview. Have to make a thorough research on it. And also, did you took any Japanese Class before because seems like in the first place you're introducing urself in Japanese? and also, the technology that I know about Korea is not much only ---- hehe.. XD
iAdoreNaz is offline   Reply With Quote
mraazlan
Super Junior Member

#97 Old 13-04-2011 Smile Re: JPA 2011 Experience Sharing

Quote:
Originally Posted by iAdoreNaz View Post
This one is indeed very useful. I've read a little bit about Green Technology and it turns out it's indeed might be one of the topic of discussion during the interview. Have to make a thorough research on it. And also, did you took any Japanese Class before because seems like in the first place you're introducing urself in Japanese? and also, the technology that I know about Korea is not much only ---- hehe.. XD
oh thank u, i didnt take any classes, most of my friends are chinese and they like to watch Japanese movies. So they ask me to prepare on japan introduction and luckily i get the chance to use it. I had also learn a bit from bbc website to learn a bit about japanese.
I also got shock when they asked specifically about japan technology and german technology (to my friend). So u're taking korea? when is ur interview?
mraazlan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mraazlan For This Useful Post:
miza_kakcik
Less Junior Member

#98 Old 13-04-2011 Default Re: JPA 2011 Experience Sharing

Course: Sastera Ikhtisas
Venue: Kompleks Sukan, Ipoh
Time: 4.20pm (1hour 20min) PANEL 1
(3boys 3girls / 2malays (I'm one of them) 4chinese)
Interviewers: 2ladies 1man

1st Question (Malay):

Introduce yourselves, family background and some about your careers. (Start from no1 to 6-I'm the last) In this section, some of us are asked in deeply about our courses, some are not.

Mine: I've introduced myself just like the others. Then, they ask me, "Are you eligible to study in oversea with your condition ? (I'm physically disabled)
Haha .. What to answer ? Seems like they test me how to handle a situation when someone looks down at me. I guess.

Group discussion (English): As we know, many Malaysian students in oversea refuse to come back to Malaysia and devote their service to nation and country. How to overcome this problem ? (We are allowed to discuss among us, but we choose just to suggest by our own opinions)

Advise: Be careful on what you have said in your introduction. They might ask you questions based on that. What ever it is, enjoy your interview. It's really exciting.

p/s: Thanks to Recomers. You guys help me a lot to attend my interview.

Last edited by miza_kakcik; 13-04-2011 at 11:19 AM.
miza_kakcik is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to miza_kakcik For This Useful Post:
iAdoreNaz

#99 Old 13-04-2011 Default Re: JPA 2011 Experience Sharing

Quote:
Originally Posted by mraazlan View Post
oh thank u, i didnt take any classes, most of my friends are chinese and they like to watch Japanese movies. So they ask me to prepare on japan introduction and luckily i get the chance to use it. I had also learn a bit from bbc website to learn a bit about japanese.
I also got shock when they asked specifically about japan technology and german technology (to my friend). So u're taking korea? when is ur interview?
I don't think we can discuss here.
But, let's make it like we're sharing stuff.Well we're indeed sharing right now right?. Wow.. you're very lucky to get the opportunity to introduce urself in Japanese. Did u told them that you know a lil bit of Japanese?.. I also know a lil bit of Korean , like.. Cho Neun --- Im Ni Da ( My name is ---- ) .. etc etc.. I already can read a lil bit of hangeul, but didn't really understand it's meaning yet. So, I hope I can tell them that I've learn some from the Net during my holiday and so my chances to get scholarship is brighter ( in some way ). About the technology. I'm very happy that you mentioned it because I just know this one company that's very well known in Korea without knowing any other detailed on it. So, after that , I made a thorough research and found it, it's not just cellphone company but also hydrocarbon plant, etc etc .. I feel like I've some grammatical mistake there and my english word is not in it's proper place ( how to explain this? ) LOL..

Quote:
I wen ther 2 hrs earlier, sat ther take some fresh air alltough its nt fresh enuf. i gt PANEL 7 wic have 3 guys , 2 malays looks like dato (one of them la he is so nice n polite to me n he respect ma ambition) n the man tat shooooot me is the Doctor i guess so wic is the chinese guy. im the fist for ma grup of 5. im indian(medic), chinese guy (medic), 2 chinese gils( pharmacy n dentist).
start wt me in bi " OK TELL ME ABUT UR SELF". I ans bla bla bla n told that i have a strong leadership skills as i hold few ktua post is ma skoll n in ns i was ktua kompeni. tis is the time the doc started "tell me abut ur leadership"
"wats the main charecter of a leader" "hw u will make ppl folow u?" "wats the connestion of ur learder ship skill to ur ambition as doctr?". then later after ask the others at the last gil he asked her "wat do u tink abut condom usage in preventng pregnancy then cn condom avoid hiv" i was relaks coz i tout its 4 her bt i was really focus. he suddenly asked 4 ma oppinion abut condom in pregnancy prevention. i dn nw wat i tink i told him "condom shud nt exist n shudnt be used in tis wold, coz fist pregnancy is a natural fenomena tat happens gift by god, bcoz of condom alot of students having sex b4 mariage, loose their verginity n bla bla bla, lastly i belif that human shud nt use condom" then he replied

" THEN I BELIF THAT U CANT BECOME A DOCTOR"
I TURN PUCAT I WANNA KISK HIM THER BT I KNW MAYBE HE JUST TESTING ME siko. im keep on smiling n ans all questn
they asked me "other than medic gt any other career that u wan to do?" my ans" i never tink abut the other carrer coz i have the intrest sice 11 years old due to ma dad death. i feel its ma responsibity to explain to public hw to avoid deseases, n have a healthy life style" he asked me " then u cn become a normal officer in jabatan kesihatan rather than bcom doc, coz they also cn explain" i ansd " ya i cn abut if as a doc i'll be having a great expreinces abut disseases n cases of deseas that cause death, so i cn explain to public tell them the true cases n make them realise as a lesson".
the jpa officer ask me abut one disease that i dn knw i tell him " sorry sir i never have a tout on tis, cn u explain to me ?"
he sooo nice he explain n he said"that patient suffering n he wants u to take his life will u do that MERCY KILLING" i cnfidenty ans "not at all sir, as a doct ma job is to save ppl life n not take ppl life" then wat u will do "i'll gve him advice, treat him gt help 4m senior doc bla bla bla"
the grup discussion in bm(luckily im relaks tat time) DOKTOR MASA SKRANG TAK NAK BERKHIDMAT DEKAT KAWS PEDALAMAN APA PATUT KRJN BUAT SPY MRK AKAN KEJA KAT SANA" HAHAHAHHAHAHHA
all are silent as usual i start it with a point kerj n kena naik gaji n bagi elaun tambahan n he shoot me back says krjn dah buat smua tu tapi doc kata kawsn tu tak de life. k then they second n tird student talked. suddenly the tird bcome silent
then i asked permision to talk he allow me " krjn harus gbal undang2, wajib kan doc tu keja kat sana. then again the oter turns afta the last one finissh they panel still waiting, and all silent, i came again " blh ssaya tambah lagi, kita blh hantar doc keja kat kampung masing2 nanti tak kan timbul istilah tak de life krn itu tmpt lahir mrk." he asked me " klau mcm tu bdak bdak kat pedalam yg dpt 3 atau 4 A dlm spm patut diber pluang buat medic" i say" ya mrk patut jika mrk mempunyai minat n beri pluang buat assai n then tengok markah klau lepas had kita patut bg mrk juga" he asked me again"so lpas mrk blaja kita kena halau n paksa mrk balik la" "i said "bukan paksa, sblm mrk pegi belaja sain kontrak lpas blaja mrk keja lah kat sana , lagi pun tuk mrk tak bosan buat kitaran satu dok tu tugas kat pedalam tuk 2 blm pastu tukar tukar n tukar dr bandar ke pedalaman"
omg im confident that i done my level best n i had never talked in english tis long oni ma grup discussion was in bm. hahah actually afta gone tru tis i fell its normal. hahah just waiting 4 a good news tis end of april haha. . i wanna tell the doc tat "no matter wat happen (end of the wold also) i will find a way to achieve ma dream to become a doctor " i tink so that doc has to cumto hospital at one time so i'll meet him ther. thanks actually they just testing me . huhu anyway nice experince. JPA SCHOLARSHIP INTERVIEW "if got spelling mistakes sorry k" just wanna share with u guys
This is the link.. Took it from someone without his permission LOLz..
http://www.facebook.com/notes/thilip...50169708367958

Last edited by iAdoreNaz; 13-04-2011 at 11:55 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
iAdoreNaz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to iAdoreNaz For This Useful Post:
charginup
Super Junior Member

#100 Old 13-04-2011 Default Re: JPA 2011 Experience Sharing

Venue: Kompleks Kuliah STUVW USM
Time: 3.45pm, Panel 2
Course: Dentistry

Experience:

In the morning I rushed to school because I still have a few I/Cs to certify, which turned out to be useless afterwards.

Dad came back during lunch hour, hopped on and rushed to USM at 12pm.

Arrived at 12.35pm. 3 hours left until my interview.

Tried to register but the clerk told me to makan dulu. I asked makan kat mana and she said I DON'T KNOW. So I ate my sandwich and my Milo right there in the waiting area while waiting for schoolmates.

Finally get to sign my name, clerk asked where have you been I've been yelling your name for so many times. I gave a weak smile. Then she asked me why so many copies of I/C and I shrugged. Chatted for a few moments with a BM High School girl called Agnes. XD

There are 6 people in our panel, the sixth because her name wasn't in the list and she mistakenly chose Pergigian Timur Tengah and had to call the JPA the previous day to change her course so she can go to interview.

Anyway.

Girl no.1 = Chung Ling Butterworth, forgot her name so I'll call her CLB. Applying for Medicine, 9A+.
No.2 = That's me.
Boy no.3 = Malay. Forgot his name so I'll call him Malay. Medicine.
Boy no.4 = Chung Ling Penang, the SMJK. Forgot his name too (I suck at remembering names.) so he'll be CLP. Medicine.
Girl no.5 = Agnes, Dentistry. 8A+.
Girl no.6 = St. George, Dentistry, 9A+, Dentistry. Forgot her name too, so she'll be George.

Oh yeah, everyone's fluent in both BM and BI. So that sucks. A lot.

We were usherred to the room and asked to sat outside for a while. Malay was shaking a bit so I asked him are you nervous. He ignored me and I asked him again then he shook his head. Before we went into the room I asked everyone to NOT KILL EACH OTHER.

Went inside, greeted the interviewers. All Malay female doctors. Yikes. everyone sat in their chairs except for me and CLB, then they saw us standing they quickly jumped up. Asked to sit down, told we will have to introduce ourselves, our maklumat peribadi, keluarga dan kursus pilihan and they will be watching out responses and body movements and tone and maturity etc etc. She asked in Malay.

CLB went first. I was a bit worried for her since she sounded like she memorized everything. She even talked about her school being very famous and she play badminton with her adik-adik. Then my turn. I jotted down the words peribadi, keluarga, akademik, ko-k, kursus and negara on my paper during CLB's turn and I talked about everything impromptu. I was a bit awed by myself for speaking Malay so fluently XD. I greeted them selamat pagi slaam sejahtera salam 1 malaysia kpd puan-puan dan saudara saudari yang saya baru kenali kat luar and the interviewers grinned. Hmm, good sign I guess. So I continued harap-harap puan-puan semua sihat kenyang dan tidak bosan. More grins.

The interviewers kept smiling and nodding at me during my intro and I talked jovially, like they're my neighbours. I even use some body movements, hope that doesn't make me immature. I was talking for quite a long time and they thought I was finished after I said my kursus pilihan but I raised my hand and said saya belum habis lagi and kept talking about why I love ireland.

Malay was crossing his arms during his intro and talked with full arrogance. He said he was inspired by the word Humanity and thought of doctors and teachers and since he's bad at teaching so he wanted to be a doctor. I said before that my dad's gonna retire next year and we have to bergantung kpd pencennya so Malay said my dad already has pencen in his intro. Good thing he said ko-k saya tidak banyak hanya taekwondo sahaja.

Then CLP, who's also in NS, said he wanted to be a pathologist for forensics or something because lots of cases unsolved in Malaysia needs the help from more forensic doctors or something. I raised my eyebrows. He said he wanted to go to India because LOTS OF MAYAT there and everyone laughed , except Malay.

Agnes was quite good too, president of a few clubs. Then the last one, George. She talked talked talked for a very long time about her mission to put a smile in everyone. She talks about her volunteering work and how good she is and she teaches little kids English.

Question time. No group discussion whatsoever.

First one doktor muda perlu berkhidmat di kawasan pedalaman lebih lama apa pendapat kamu?
We all agreed of course, but I only managed to raise 1 point, that is doktor muda can learn a new thing in pedalaman and doctor's kewajipan is to heal not to live in big cities like KL or London. Damn, Malay said Hippocrate's Oath. George refined the previous points by others and talked for a long time.

Second would you continue your masters overseas to gain more experience or would you come back to Malaysia to do housemanship. I'm the first, and I think I talked too freely, as if I'm talking to my buddies. I raised only a point or two while others a lot, especially George. Malay shoot our points and we all, except George, thought WTF are you doing?!

Third, BM or BI, let's say you became a doctor/dentist what would you do to decrease number of smokers among teenagers? I'm the first to answer, so I said teens are very self-concious and they are very concerned about their images so if they know smoking can turn your eyes and teeth yellow and causes bad breath they wouldn't smoke so as a dentist I would use education to decrease number of smokers...

I raised only 1 point, again, and the others A LOT. Malay talked about agama and his dad not being a smoker anymore because he's concerned wth his children and I wondered whether that has ANYTHING to do with being a doctor. George talked even more, like through education for prevention, and invent something that looks like a cigarette but it's filled with healthy stuff so you inhale healthy stuff instead of smoke. Agnes and CLB talked about kempen.

The interviewers then said as a doctor/dentist we should prevent, educate, cure and something else and they praised almost everyone except me although most of their points has nothing to do with being a doctor/dentist. Damn it.

Then the interview's over and I thought !!!!!!! where is the why you deserve the scholarship question? but I can't just raised my hand and tell them that so I suck it up, shaked hands with the interviewers and left.

Rating: Rate me instead?

Advices:
Don't be nervous. No one in my panel were.
Make sure to do research about your course and country. I did, but I wasn't asked about it.
Brush up Malay and English. If you think you can't communicate well in either one, you're in deep trouble.
Be sure to tell them why you deserve, why you choose this course and country etc etc. They can't read your mind, so tell them everything, make them understand you.
Good results and co-curriculum are IMPORTANT.
Never cross your legs or shake your legs or look elsewhere.
SMILE!!!

Oh yeah by the way there's 8000 interviewees and 1000 spots instead of 300. The interviewer told me that while I was waiting for my dad to pick me up while she's waiting for someone, probably her husband, to drive her home.

So be nice.
charginup is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to charginup For This Useful Post: