ReCom.org
Jabatan Perkhidmatan Awam (JPA) Scholarships Everything about scholarships provided by the Public Services Department of Malaysia

JPA 2011 Experience Sharing

Aelpink Female
Super Junior Member

#41 Old 12-04-2011 Default Re: JPA 2011 Experience Sharing

Course Appliedharmacy

Venue: Uniten (8.50 am)

Experience: The interviews were really nice. We started to introduce ourselves one by one in English. They told us who to start first. The first person started off really good! His intro was really flowery and he set the bar really high for the rest of us. I was really really intimidated and started to panic.The second girl was good as well. So when it was my turn, I was the 3rd one, I think my intro was really messy and jumbled up. The interviewer even asked me whether I was happy today! haha Guess I smiled a lot and my friend told me my tone was really ecstatic. haha

Then they asked us why do you pick the course that you've chosen and why that country. That's all!

Oh, and I think they weren't sure with how many scholarships they are giving out this year. I asked and they said 400+. But 400+ is too little right? I think they meant for medical courses like medicine, pharmacy and dentistry.

And the clerk told us to check for our result 2 weeks later!
Aelpink is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Aelpink For This Useful Post:
Shaheera Female
Less Junior Member

#42 Old 12-04-2011 Default Re: JPA 2011 Experience Sharing

No group discussion?!
Shaheera is offline   Reply With Quote
iAdoreNaz Male

#43 Old 12-04-2011 Default Re: JPA 2011 Experience Sharing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aelpink View Post
Course Appliedharmacy

Experience: The interviews were really nice. We started to introduce ourselves one by one in English. They told us who to start first. The first person started off really good! His intro was really flowery and he set the bar really high for the rest of us. I was really really intimidated and started to panic.The second girl was good as well. So when it was my turn, I was the 3rd one, I think my intro was really messy and jumbled up. The interviewer even asked me whether I was happy today! haha Guess I smiled a lot and my friend told me my tone was really ecstatic. haha

Then they asked us why do you pick the course that you've chosen and why that country. That's all!

Oh, and I think they weren't sure with how many scholarships they are giving out this year. I asked and they said 400+. But 400+ is too little right? I think they meant for medical courses like medicine, pharmacy and dentistry.

If only 400, i sure no got one lah.. cry
iAdoreNaz is offline   Reply With Quote
ThamayanthyM Female
Less Junior Member

#44 Old 12-04-2011 Default Re: JPA 2011 Experience Sharing

no group discussion?!..i hope i wont hv too..;p

ThamayanthyM is offline   Reply With Quote
Ultraman_batman Female
Less Junior Member

#45 Old 12-04-2011 Default Re: JPA 2011 Experience Sharing

Quote:
Originally Posted by chernjuin View Post
Course applied : Medicine

Experience : Go in, interviewers brief you on the two sections which will be tested to evaluate ur english and bm proficiency. Then they will ask u to give a short introduction about urself and ur family. (for mine, they limited it to just my family, other panels got free introduce yourself questions). Then why did u choose medicine? juz speak ur mind truthfully. Then they will give u a discussion topic if there is still time. My topic was why is the medical bills so high in malaysia? especially in private sector? anyone with the answer can post a quick reply pls. i think i gave a stupid one. darn. anyways, after that based on ur answers they will, WILL question ur answers as though they are not viable. just speak ur mind, seriously. that's all i can rmbr now, it was juz a short interview. good luck to those going for interview tml and later on!!!!!

Cheers. ^^
Which school you from?
Ultraman_batman is offline   Reply With Quote
Nicholasng925 Male
ReCom Staff
Wiki Contributor

#46 Old 12-04-2011 Default Re: JPA 2011 Experience Sharing

Good luck everyone! Just be calm, and be yourself! Treat those interviewers as your friends, but talk in a well manner.

1. Out of clutter, find simplicity.
2. From discord, find harmony.
3. In the middle of difficulty, lies opportunity.
=[{Albert Einstein}]=

Feel free to visit my blog here!!!
Nicholasng925 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Nicholasng925 For This Useful Post:
starfire9388 Female
Super Junior Member

#47 Old 12-04-2011 Default Re: JPA 2011 Experience Sharing

Tomorrow >.< mayb I should run until I pass out so that I get some sleep >.<!!!!
Did any of the groups get asked about Gadafi?? >.<!!!
starfire9388 is offline   Reply With Quote
donn_m Male
Super Junior Member

#48 Old 12-04-2011 Default Re: JPA 2011 Experience Sharing

LOL am applying the Korean engineering too.. hahah am afraid they would raise the Japan tsunami/earthquake issues during the interview.. =_="
donn_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Garfield93 Male

#49 Old 12-04-2011 Default Re: JPA 2011 Experience Sharing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aelpink View Post
Course Appliedharmacy

thats soo lucky of you~~!!~!~!! i worry mine in ipoh will be like Battle Los Angeles in interview room man!!! cry
Garfield93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Shaheera Female
Less Junior Member

#50 Old 12-04-2011 Default Re: JPA 2011 Experience Sharing

are we allowed to bring in our own notebooks or will they provide us with blank papers?
Shaheera is offline   Reply With Quote