ReCom.org
Jabatan Perkhidmatan Awam (JPA) Scholarships Everything about scholarships provided by the Public Services Department of Malaysia

JPA 2011 Experience Sharing

KenT13
Slightly Senior Member

#71 Old 12-04-2011 Default Re: JPA 2011 Experience Sharing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solenoid View Post
I read at a chinese news paper that only 403 people got 9A+ and above? correct me if i am wrong
You're right about the fact. But you posted in the wrong thread.
Super Junior Member

#72 Old 12-04-2011 Default Re: JPA 2011 Experience Sharing

There are many posts here so I don't know whether this post is going to be redundant but I'm just posting it.. For those who are going to go for the interview... Basically, this is how the interview is going to be.. They wont ask u anything about the course you have chosen in depth.. Here how the interview goes. It will be a panel interview and there will be 5 students in a panel and 3 interviewers. First, they would ask u to introduce urself.. Probably some background about u and they will ask u why u chose law. So just say why u chose your course. Then they will give 2 questions. One in malay and one in english. The 5 of u will have to discuss both the questions. The malay question in malay language and then english language of course. If they interviewer feel like, they will ask u questions personally based on the discussion or the topic itself.. so just answer them.. There is no right or wrong answer. All you have to do is make sure u voice out, sound confident and make ur presence felt. And do interact with the other four students.
yugathes is offline   Reply With Quote
MrHoww Male

#73 Old 12-04-2011 Default Re: JPA 2011 Experience Sharing

Oh Gosh! How am I going to sleep tonight with all those 'stiff competition' in mind? I hope I won't regret when I come back from interview tomorrow!
MrHoww is offline   Reply With Quote
peifen93 Female
Super Junior Member

#74 Old 12-04-2011 Default Re: JPA 2011 Experience Sharing

Course: Pharmacy
Place: Ipoh

Went to interview this morning! And it was okay. Fingers crossed. ><

The thing is, they didn't ask ANYTHING about us. No intro, no "which course did you choose and why?", no "which country and which uni?", no hobbies, and they didn't even look through the clear holder we brought with us! I wonder what were the clear holders for Went straight to the questions.

Questions asked:
1. Some conventional and traditional medicine stuff. About what do we think about traditional medicine as complementary medicine.
2. Sistem pendidikan negara setanding dengan luar negara. Mengapa kerajaan masih menghantar pelajar ke luar negara?
3. Explain brain drain (and I heard the guy saying BREAD GRAIN ==) and how to overcome. (we were like wth is that? hahahaha)
4. *this was specified to one guy but we helped answer too* Jika saya seorang perokok kuat, bagaimanakan anda akan membantu saya mengatasi ketagihan saya? (answer: find an alternative to his addiction. use nicotine patch)
5. After completing your degree, will you stay back in another country to continue your Masters or work OR will you come back to Malaysia?
6. Factors of obesity and how to overcome.

My session lasted for around 1 hour. I AM SERIOUS! Not joking.

Oh ya, something to the girls out there. Do not offer to shake the interviewer's hand if he is a Malay man. The girls in my group offered a handshake but was rejected xD

All the best to everyone! And please, do stay calm despite the countering and shooting by the interviewers It's not really about the content of what you say, it's really how active you are in the interview. Do voice out your opinions and don't just be silent.
peifen93 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to peifen93 For This Useful Post:
hanli Female
Less Junior Member

#75 Old 12-04-2011 Default Re: JPA 2011 Experience Sharing

Course : Pharmacy ( alot of pham here )

Venue : uniten, selangor

Placement : panel 2, 3.45pm session.

I was placed in a group of 3 girls (2 of them-dentistry) and 2 boys(medic)

I was no1 so I led the way into the room and all of us wished the panel. When they instructed us to take a seat, we did so.

First of all, the lady requested for an introduction. It was in english and we're free to talk about anything regarding ourselves. I started off first since I was no1. It was the basic; name, school, family background, coco activities. Just talk about the posts that you hold and also the competition you took part in/won. Even if it's school level, just say it. Wouldnt't hurt. hehe

I think its important that you try to sell yourself here because you are going to leave a first impression. The girl after me briefly mentioned her name, school and family only. It was very short and the panel said, "thats all?". Not a very good impression, aint it?

After that, came the group discussion part. The panel post a question and we had to spontaneously talk right after that. There was no time given to discuss or jolt down points before starting.

1. Apakah pandangan anda tentang gejala rasuah dan langkah yang boleh diambil?
This was a very tough question because we talked about puspakom, sprm and stuff like that. But the panel said that we're just mentioning very common things and asked us to look at the wider scope. So girls and boys, I suggest you brainstorm on this topic.

2. Excellent students should study medicine. Agree or disagree?
It was quite easy. Just state whether you agree or not and explain the reasons why.

3. Perdana Menteri kita sering membangkitkan tentang isu 1malaysia. Apakah pandangan anda?

This wasn't so tough also.

That's pretty much it. They didn't shoot us with questions nor ask us why we choose our course, where we want to do it n why. They did not personally ask anyone a question also.

They just give a statement as above, and we discussed it like in a forum.

We said our thank you's and left.

P/S : You have to like think really fast for points because after someone ends his/her opinion, you can continue! It will look bad when his/her ended and everyone keeps quiet.

If you can't think of new points maybe you can say something like, "I agree with our friend here and bla bla". Add some examples et cetera. hahahha

Overall it was a very fun and great experience!
ayekay Male
Super Junior Member

#76 Old 12-04-2011 Default Re: JPA 2011 Experience Sharing

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenT13 View Post
You're right about the fact. But you posted in the wrong thread.
really? only 403 students get 9 A+ and above? That actually means that those who get 9A+ and above will for sure get the scholarship since our prime minister mentioned that he promised to give out scholarships to those candidates with 9A+ and above
ayekay is offline   Reply With Quote
peifen93 Female
Super Junior Member

#77 Old 12-04-2011 Default Re: JPA 2011 Experience Sharing

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayekay View Post
really? only 403 students get 9 A+ and above? That actually means that those who get 9A+ and above will for sure get the scholarship since our prime minister mentioned that he promised to give out scholarships to those candidates with 9A+ and above
Impossible only 403 students got 9A+ and above. That figure is for STRAIGHT A+. There are thousands of students who got 9A+ and above. And yeah, he did promise. So let's hope that he'll honour his promise
peifen93 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to peifen93 For This Useful Post:
yiling Female

#78 Old 12-04-2011 Default Re: JPA 2011 Experience Sharing

Quote:
Into the Fire
So, since I don't feel like repeating myself anymore and people have requested for this, I shall write a post on my JPA interview =).

(though of course this is MY interview and what occurs to me might not happen to you).

So, I arrived at the venue at about 7.05am. Surprisingly, there were already a number of parents and applicants waiting there. So, at around 7.30am, people started flooding in. And some of the JPA workers arrived to stick the name lists on the board. We are required to locate our names on the board and sign. Applicants are divided into groups of five for different "panels" which I guess refers to your panel of interviewers. Mine was Panel 3 FYI. The interviewers soon arrived as well and headed up first. Oh, speaking of the location. You will be required to wait downstairs in a courtyard. The board with the name list of applicants will be located in the middle of the courtyard. All interviews will be done upstairs.

Once my panel was called, we headed up to the waiting room. There, we are required to hand in our clear folders and photocopied documents. Each panel is assigned a counter. You will be handed a name tag with a number on so pin it on la. The people behind the counter will begin work by sorting out the docs and arranging them. So, this is the time where you can interact with your group mates. Mine were quite friendly and we managed to talked about some trivial stuff. Other groups waiting were all so stiff o.0.

Then, our turn came. We lined up according to number and headed to the interview room. My panel of interviewers consisted of three Malay guys who looked vaguely familiar for some reason. They seemed pretty friendly. First thing the guy in the middle said was to relax as we were the first batch and also to ask whether we had breakfast yet haha.

Ok, we started off with introductions. Since the panel asked this in BM, we had to answer in BM. And by introductions, they actually wanted more than just a simple introduction. We included family info (parents' career, siblings),hobbies and also a bit about our ambitions. And once one of us was done with the intro, they would question us(still in BM) regarding what we said during the introduction. So, I guess you should make sure you say valid things! Well, for mine, hmm.. I mentioned both my parents were working in account-related fields, so they asked why I didn't choose to be an accountant as well, which led me explaining why I wanted to be a doctor. And also a bit about Guiding, as I touched that and the charity work I have done. (thinking back, I think I was asked the least questions o.0). And I guess it's ok to inject some english words if you can't think of their BM counterparts in time, just don't say full english sentences. One guy got told off for doing so.

Next off, was very random. (In BM). The interviewer asked me to name the other 4 applicants, which I could btw. And for another applicant, he asked her to say out the hobbies the rest of us had mentioned during our intros.

After that, the interviewer (this time in English) asked us to each say a strength of ours and how it would help us in our career. So, I think I expressed this answer more fluently =D. And then, surprise...the end to our interview o.0.

We then returned to the waiting room to collect our stuff. Oh, you needn't bring so much stuff la. Because we were told to just leave everything in the waiting room =. =. And if you have Foreign Language Proficiency certs, do make a certified copy. They might come in handy =).

Me and my group mates exchanged contact details and that it's free to go.

source: http://mintheone.blogspot.com/
this is my friend's interview experience.

By the way, i seriously cannot tahan. Can you all go to the Piln/Pidn thread to chat? Leave this thread for the interview experience sharing. thanks ;)
yiling is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to yiling For This Useful Post:
ayekay Male
Super Junior Member

#79 Old 12-04-2011 Default Re: JPA 2011 Experience Sharing

Quote:
Originally Posted by peifen93 View Post
Impossible only 403 students got 9A+ and above. That figure is for STRAIGHT A+. There are thousands of students who got 9A+ and above. And yeah, he did promise. So let's hope that he'll honour his promise
lol yeah. btw election is just arnd the corner. I think he will keep his promise for that reason.
ayekay is offline   Reply With Quote
iAdoreNaz Male

#80 Old 13-04-2011 Default Re: JPA 2011 Experience Sharing

Yes please. Let's make sure this place is only for sharing interview.
Chat at PIDN/PILN thread ;)
iAdoreNaz is offline   Reply With Quote