ReCom.org
Portal Page Forum Wiki Social Groups Scholarship Holders Infobase Site Map About
Go Back   ReCom.org > Forum > ReCom Cafe > Education > Scholarships

Scholarships A place to find out about scholarships available for Malaysians

Scholarships (JPA,Petronas,MARA, Telekom,Tenaga,BNM,...) FAQ

Closed Thread

janewai

#91 Old 17-03-2004 Default JPA_KOR

oh yeah... forgot about NanoTechnology. well... started this year, those are taking Chemical Engineering are given the chance to study NanoTechnology in the college.

well... i am one of those doing NanoTech now in the college. It involves many fields, such as microelectronis, micromachine, BioTech, Catalysis and so on... NanoTech is just cool~!
chenchow Male
ReComer
Administrator

#92 Old 17-03-2004 Default

Below is from naturesimple from introduce ourselves thread:

naturesimple: i am 1 of the graduates of spm 2003. now wandering about and doing nothing and jobless. regarding about the jpa scolarship i myself have already sent in my application form and i have choosen engineering in australia. is that weird to choose the course in australia cause many replies stated that us and uk are the best place to go for especially in engineering??? n ........any tips about the interview later on??? i know many have asked this question before ... but i just hope to get a proper answer even tough the truth is that i'm lazy to search for it.

>> Hope that those SPM 01 and SPM 02 people can come in and help answer those questions about the group interview process ok? Thank you~! I think it depends on preference and how you look at it~! I don't think many here are doing engineering in UK.

On interview, general interview tips, you can go to remag.recom.org , the ReCom Magazine, there is an article on Pointers for Scholarships. On JPA Specific interviews, please check on here. There should be people sharing soon~!

janewai, thanks a lot for sharing~!
chenchow Male
ReComer
Administrator

#93 Old 17-03-2004 Default

Below is from naturesimple from introduce ourselves thread:

naturesimple: i am 1 of the graduates of spm 2003. now wandering about and doing nothing and jobless. regarding about the jpa scolarship i myself have already sent in my application form and i have choosen engineering in australia. is that weird to choose the course in australia cause many replies stated that us and uk are the best place to go for especially in engineering??? n ........any tips about the interview later on??? i know many have asked this question before ... but i just hope to get a proper answer even tough the truth is that i'm lazy to search for it.

>> Hope that those SPM 01 and SPM 02 people can come in and help answer those questions about the group interview process ok? Thank you~! I think it depends on preference and how you look at it~! I don't think many here are doing engineering in UK.

On interview, general interview tips, you can go to remag.recom.org , the ReCom Magazine, there is an article on Pointers for Scholarships. On JPA Specific interviews, please check on here. There should be people sharing soon~!

janewai, thanks a lot for sharing~!
chenghau
Less Junior Member

#94 Old 17-03-2004 Default

There have been many questions about the JPA interview. So here it is:

1. You will receive a letter from JPA if you are shortlisted for interviews around the end of March/the beginning of April.

2. Remember to bring documents needed.

3. On your interview day, students will be separated into few groups, with around 20 students in a group.

4. Each group will have the interview together.

5. It is more like a presentation rather than an interview actually. Each group will have to respond to a same topic. You have to voice your opinion regarding to the topic given. The topic might be any social issue. For example:

a. Tell us your opinion the development of music industry in Malaysia.
b. How to imporve the inter-race harmony in Malaysia?
c.....

You will be given som time to think about the topic. Anyone who is ready can volunteer to present.

6. Language
The languages policy might be different, depending on which location you have your interviews. Some allow you to use either Malay/English for the entire presentation. Some reuqire you to use both languages (means you have to use Malay/English first, and switch to another language at the middle of your presentation.

7. Time
Everyone is limited to a certain amount of time, 10 minutes, in general.

8. Before the interview begins, the interviewers will go through your certificates, result slips, identity certificates of yours and your parents. They will also reconfirm your courses and countries. If you would like to change your mind in the courses and countries, you MUST let them know on the spot. That is your last chance. Although you can always appeal after you get the scholarship, the process will be very complicated and hard.

If you need any further information, please let me know. I will try my very best to remember what happened 2 years ago.
chenghau
Less Junior Member

#95 Old 17-03-2004 Default

There have been many questions about the JPA interview. So here it is:

1. You will receive a letter from JPA if you are shortlisted for interviews around the end of March/the beginning of April.

2. Remember to bring documents needed.

3. On your interview day, students will be separated into few groups, with around 20 students in a group.

4. Each group will have the interview together.

5. It is more like a presentation rather than an interview actually. Each group will have to respond to a same topic. You have to voice your opinion regarding to the topic given. The topic might be any social issue. For example:

a. Tell us your opinion the development of music industry in Malaysia.
b. How to imporve the inter-race harmony in Malaysia?
c.....

You will be given som time to think about the topic. Anyone who is ready can volunteer to present.

6. Language
The languages policy might be different, depending on which location you have your interviews. Some allow you to use either Malay/English for the entire presentation. Some reuqire you to use both languages (means you have to use Malay/English first, and switch to another language at the middle of your presentation.

7. Time
Everyone is limited to a certain amount of time, 10 minutes, in general.

8. Before the interview begins, the interviewers will go through your certificates, result slips, identity certificates of yours and your parents. They will also reconfirm your courses and countries. If you would like to change your mind in the courses and countries, you MUST let them know on the spot. That is your last chance. Although you can always appeal after you get the scholarship, the process will be very complicated and hard.

If you need any further information, please let me know. I will try my very best to remember what happened 2 years ago.
Sylvia
Super Junior Member

#96 Old 17-03-2004 Default

Thanks Chenghau for the information provided.I am sure they will come in handy.You said that it is more like a presentation rather than an interview ,so do we have to interact with the other members in the group or we just stand up and present our opinion one by one?If with do have do interact,how should we do it ?Can we do it like a group dicussion?But tere are 20 people in a group and that's a large group ,won't that be hard to dicuss?
Sylvia
Super Junior Member

#97 Old 17-03-2004 Default

Thanks Chenghau for the information provided.I am sure they will come in handy.You said that it is more like a presentation rather than an interview ,so do we have to interact with the other members in the group or we just stand up and present our opinion one by one?If with do have do interact,how should we do it ?Can we do it like a group dicussion?But tere are 20 people in a group and that's a large group ,won't that be hard to dicuss?
chenghau
Less Junior Member

#98 Old 17-03-2004 Default

Very rarely that there will be interactions between group members. What most likely to happen is:

"I agree with MR X that....."

"As Mr X pointed just now, we...."

In short, it is more like voicing your personal thoughts rather than discussion. Anyway, it really depends on the interviewers.

Things might change. Like my year (2002) was the first year they change the interview format and many did not expect such format. No one can tell whether they might do it in discussion this year.

ChengHau
chenghau
Less Junior Member

#99 Old 17-03-2004 Default

Very rarely that there will be interactions between group members. What most likely to happen is:

"I agree with MR X that....."

"As Mr X pointed just now, we...."

In short, it is more like voicing your personal thoughts rather than discussion. Anyway, it really depends on the interviewers.

Things might change. Like my year (2002) was the first year they change the interview format and many did not expect such format. No one can tell whether they might do it in discussion this year.

ChengHau
z

#100 Old 17-03-2004 Default

general piece of advice:

avoid personal attacks. make positive/constructive remarks about other people and keep the conversation alive.

good luck
Closed Thread