ReCom.org
Portal Page Forum Wiki Social Groups Scholarship Holders Infobase Site Map About
Go Back   ReCom.org > Forum > ReCom Cafe > Education > Scholarships

Scholarships A place to find out about scholarships available for Malaysians

Scholarships (JPA,Petronas,MARA, Telekom,Tenaga,BNM,...) FAQ

Closed Thread

yekban81 Male

#81 Old 15-03-2004 Default

Mish,
Check this out.

http://www.nus.edu.sg/oam/scholarship/

http://www.ntu.edu.sg/OAD/Scholarships/
Sylvia
Super Junior Member

#82 Old 15-03-2004 Default

i m a 2003 spm school leaver.i applied for jpa 4 dentistry in uk.how do i kow about when & where is my interview?do jpa inform us through mail about the interview?How is the interview like?Can anyone tell me the details?i heard they held group interview.so what r the examples of their question?
Sylvia
Super Junior Member

#83 Old 15-03-2004 Default

i m a 2003 spm school leaver.i applied for jpa 4 dentistry in uk.how do i kow about when & where is my interview?do jpa inform us through mail about the interview?How is the interview like?Can anyone tell me the details?i heard they held group interview.so what r the examples of their question?
hamiza
Super Junior Member

#84 Old 15-03-2004 Default

i'm one of spm leavers for the year 2003.. i had apply for jpa scholarship to study actuarial science in u.s.. because u.s is the only country that offer this course in the jpa's application form.. actually, in secondary school, i was a technical student... in the jpa advertisement, it said that students who apply for this course need to score at least b3 in english,add maths,physics, biology & chemistry... and the problem is i don't take biology during spm... but i think that actuarial science has nothing to do with biology cause there are not so much related, right? but, now i'm afraid that my application will be rejected.. i hope anyone out there can tell me more about this course (i only knew a lil' bit about this course & i'm interested with it).. & can anyone tell me the frequently asked questions during the jpa's interview..
hamiza
Super Junior Member

#85 Old 15-03-2004 Default

i'm one of spm leavers for the year 2003.. i had apply for jpa scholarship to study actuarial science in u.s.. because u.s is the only country that offer this course in the jpa's application form.. actually, in secondary school, i was a technical student... in the jpa advertisement, it said that students who apply for this course need to score at least b3 in english,add maths,physics, biology & chemistry... and the problem is i don't take biology during spm... but i think that actuarial science has nothing to do with biology cause there are not so much related, right? but, now i'm afraid that my application will be rejected.. i hope anyone out there can tell me more about this course (i only knew a lil' bit about this course & i'm interested with it).. & can anyone tell me the frequently asked questions during the jpa's interview..
chenchow Male
ReComer
Administrator

#86 Old 16-03-2004 Default

Hi~! Welcome hamiza and Sylvia to ReCom family~!

Hope that you guys can go to Introduce Yourself thread to introduce yourself~!

Hamiza, on actuarial science, I will leave it to other fellow ReComers. You can check this thread or the introduce yourself thread and you will find a number of ReCom members are current JPA scholars who are doing actuarial science. they will be able to give you more details about it.

I would also like to ask those who had recently had JPA interview (SPM 01,02), which has group interview to share your experience here, as I believe that would be more relevant.

hamiza, I would think that you get ready with an alternative course that you would want when you go for interview. Ask the interviewer about the fact that you didn't take biology and seek their opinions politely. If you need to make a change of course, please mention it at the interview.

Sylvia, on when and where is your JPA interview, you would know when JPA sends you a letter. But be forewarn that the time frame will be very tight. The letter would typically reach you about 3 days before the interview. On where is the interview, it is usually at the center that you choose. JPA will let you know via email.

On the sample questions, as I mention above, will let those who just had the interview in groups to share...

yekban81, thanks for sharing~!

main scholarship to study in Singapore would be ASEAN Scholarship. There are ASEAN scholarships for SPM leavers, but guess the deadlines are well over. So, perhaps, the best way would be for you to go through STPM or A Level before applying to Singapore.

Good Luck to everyone who is applying for scholarship~!
chenchow Male
ReComer
Administrator

#87 Old 16-03-2004 Default

Hi~! Welcome hamiza and Sylvia to ReCom family~!

Hope that you guys can go to Introduce Yourself thread to introduce yourself~!

Hamiza, on actuarial science, I will leave it to other fellow ReComers. You can check this thread or the introduce yourself thread and you will find a number of ReCom members are current JPA scholars who are doing actuarial science. they will be able to give you more details about it.

I would also like to ask those who had recently had JPA interview (SPM 01,02), which has group interview to share your experience here, as I believe that would be more relevant.

hamiza, I would think that you get ready with an alternative course that you would want when you go for interview. Ask the interviewer about the fact that you didn't take biology and seek their opinions politely. If you need to make a change of course, please mention it at the interview.

Sylvia, on when and where is your JPA interview, you would know when JPA sends you a letter. But be forewarn that the time frame will be very tight. The letter would typically reach you about 3 days before the interview. On where is the interview, it is usually at the center that you choose. JPA will let you know via email.

On the sample questions, as I mention above, will let those who just had the interview in groups to share...

yekban81, thanks for sharing~!

main scholarship to study in Singapore would be ASEAN Scholarship. There are ASEAN scholarships for SPM leavers, but guess the deadlines are well over. So, perhaps, the best way would be for you to go through STPM or A Level before applying to Singapore.

Good Luck to everyone who is applying for scholarship~!
janewai

#88 Old 17-03-2004 Default JPA_KOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by chenchow
I am helping a friend (lilet) to post this.

Is there anyone out there who knows about the JPA Biotech program? Which country has current JPA scholars doing Biotech. I know US for sure, but is there such biotech students sent by JPA in countries like Aus, NZ?

Thank you.

To SPM leavers, please feel free to ask any question on scholarships here.
well... as the infomation i get from my juniors that came to korea last year, which were 2002 SPM leavers, they get to choose Biotech as thier major after they finish thier korean language course at february next year... they will enter selected university that has been selected by JPA, but i am not sure which university it is.

Those choose Biotech is different with those that taking other course. JPA_KOR is just alike JPA_Japan, we have to learn korean language for around one and half years in the Seoul National University. After finish the language course, u will be placed into a technical college which called DongYang Technical College. It depends on the course u choose, some of the courses need 3 years to complete the diploma course. but most of the course only need 2 years. Besides to be placed to study in the college, we can try to apply for other universities that recorgnised by JPA. But we are encouraged to study in the college first because it is not easy to study in a university by using korean language just after finishing the language course.

After we get the diploma, we can apply for university to complete our study to get degree. so far the universities that most of the malaysian students apply are Korea University and Hanyang University. Korea University is one of the TOP 5 university in Korea and HanYang University is the TOP university for the School of Engineering.

That's some general infomation that related about JPA_KOR. if got anyone that interested about JPA_KOR, just try to message me. I will try to help if i able to. thanks.
janewai

#89 Old 17-03-2004 Default JPA_KOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by chenchow
I am helping a friend (lilet) to post this.

Is there anyone out there who knows about the JPA Biotech program? Which country has current JPA scholars doing Biotech. I know US for sure, but is there such biotech students sent by JPA in countries like Aus, NZ?

Thank you.

To SPM leavers, please feel free to ask any question on scholarships here.
well... as the infomation i get from my juniors that came to korea last year, which were 2002 SPM leavers, they get to choose Biotech as thier major after they finish thier korean language course at february next year... they will enter selected university that has been selected by JPA, but i am not sure which university it is.

Those choose Biotech is different with those that taking other course. JPA_KOR is just alike JPA_Japan, we have to learn korean language for around one and half years in the Seoul National University. After finish the language course, u will be placed into a technical college which called DongYang Technical College. It depends on the course u choose, some of the courses need 3 years to complete the diploma course. but most of the course only need 2 years. Besides to be placed to study in the college, we can try to apply for other universities that recorgnised by JPA. But we are encouraged to study in the college first because it is not easy to study in a university by using korean language just after finishing the language course.

After we get the diploma, we can apply for university to complete our study to get degree. so far the universities that most of the malaysian students apply are Korea University and Hanyang University. Korea University is one of the TOP 5 university in Korea and HanYang University is the TOP university for the School of Engineering.

That's some general infomation that related about JPA_KOR. if got anyone that interested about JPA_KOR, just try to message me. I will try to help if i able to. thanks.
janewai

#90 Old 17-03-2004 Default JPA_KOR

oh yeah... forgot about NanoTechnology. well... started this year, those are taking Chemical Engineering are given the chance to study NanoTechnology in the college.

well... i am one of those doing NanoTech now in the college. It involves many fields, such as microelectronis, micromachine, BioTech, Catalysis and so on... NanoTech is just cool~!
Closed Thread