ReCom.org
Portal Page Forum Wiki Social Groups Scholarship Holders Infobase Site Map About
Go Back   ReCom.org > Forum > ReCom Classified > Advertisements

Advertisements For those who want to promote other sites

Modafinil for burning the midnight oil

daisygrow Male
Super Junior Member

#1 Old 13-03-2013 Default Modafinil for burning the midnight oil

You want to stay awake to burn the midnight oil the whole night for tomorrow's paper. The coffee is wearing off or becoming less effective. What options do you have?
Introducing Modafinil, narcolepsy medicine that is used by students in Harvard, Cambridge, and Caltech to name a few. Modafinil 200mg is effective to keep you awake for between 8 to 12 hours. Take one in morning and one at night to keep awake for 48 hours. Selling in packs of 5 tablets for RM40 with free postage. Pls Pm me for orders.

Admin note by youngyew:
Disclaimer: I am a doctor but this does not constitute an official medical advice.

I have not heard of modafinil - it's not a medicine that is used commonly in medical practice. I have just looked up some professional information, and modafinil is only officially indicated for narcolepsy, excessive sleepiness associated with moderate-to-severe chronic shift work sleep disorder, where non-drug interventions (eg planned napping) are unsuccessful or inappropriate; and as an adjunct to continuous positive airways pressure in obstructive sleep apnoea.

In other words, this drug has only been proven to be safe in these people.

It is perilous to take medicine that you don't know, and even more so when you buy it online from someone with dubious legitimacy. I am also unsure if it's legal to consume unprescribed medicine of psychostimulant type.

So I would strongly recommend against it for these reasons.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg modalert_modafinil.jpg (24.7 KB, 3 views)

Last edited by youngyew; 15-03-2013 at 10:57 AM.
daisygrow is offline   Reply With Quote
henry_yew Male
The Iron Boot
ReMag Writer
Forum Moderator

#2 Old 13-03-2013 Default Re: Modafinil for burning the midnight oil

My take is that if you can avoid having to use drugs even just for academic purposes (i.e. keep yourself awake while burning the midnight oil and so on), then avoid at all costs. Personally, I do not condone using any type of narcoleptic (or related) drugs for such a purpose, because if your body tells you that you need rest, then you need rest. Going against the natural flow of what your body says is not only unhealthy, it doesn't make things better for you during your exam day.

Besides, whether you like it or not, I believe that such drugs should only be purchased if your doctor prescribes it. Also, if you have to wait till the last minute to study and prepare for exams, and in the process spending sleepless nights trying to catch up, then you're probably doing it wrong in the first place.

#3 Old 13-03-2013 Default Re: Modafinil for burning the midnight oil

This is bad, advocating the use of drugs to keep one awake in a student forum. Daisygrow's statement of Harvard, Cambridge and Caltech student using this drug to imply it is OK to use is totally misleading. There may be students in those places using it, as there will always be some bad apple in a population, it does not mean it is good. I personally know students in these institutions or used to study in these institutions, they work hard, do well and do not take this drug.

This is a akin to advocating the use of performance enhancement drugs in a spots forum! Watch out.
frankchong is offline   Reply With Quote
trenchcoat101 Female
Less Junior Member

#4 Old 14-03-2013 Default Re: Modafinil for burning the midnight oil

There are many other ways to keep awake. Drugs only harm your body system. If you want to ace your studies, do it the correct way.
ReCom Addict
Administrator

#5 Old 15-03-2013 Default Re: Modafinil for burning the midnight oil

Disclaimer: I am a doctor but this does not constitute an official medical advice.

I have not heard of modafinil - it's not a medicine that is used commonly in medical practice. I have just looked up some professional information, and modafinil is only officially indicated for narcolepsy, excessive sleepiness associated with moderate-to-severe chronic shift work sleep disorder, where non-drug interventions (eg planned napping) are unsuccessful or inappropriate; and as an adjunct to continuous positive airways pressure in obstructive sleep apnoea.

In other words, this drug has only been proven to be safe in these people.

It is perilous to take medicine that you don't know, and even more so when you buy it online from someone with dubious legitimacy. I am also unsure if it's legal to consume unprescribed medicine of psychostimulant type.

So I would strongly recommend against it for these reasons.

Check out our ReCom wiki!
Do contribute by writing or editing the existing articles so that everyone now and in the future can benefit from it!

Last edited by youngyew; 15-03-2013 at 10:57 AM.
youngyew is offline   Reply With Quote