ReCom.org
Questions/ Comments/ Complaints Post your SITE-related questions and comments here.
(For education, scholarships etc, please post your question in the respective sub-forums)

Anonymous Posting

Thirdshifter
Super Moderator
Forum Moderator

#1 Old 26-10-2003 Default Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is always helpful. I for once had to register just to say this.

It would be a great new feature to allow anonymous posters.
Thirdshifter is offline   Reply With Quote
chenchow Male
ReComer
Administrator

#2 Old 27-10-2003 Default

while anonymous posting is good is allowing for one to express anyone one wants to say, but we feel that by letting people know who posts what would be much better..plus, the poster would not be able to simply post anything, without going through the brain...we are encouraging critical thinking etc, so we would like those who post, to take responsibility of it and also to find arguments to convince others on his or her own argument.
chenchow is offline   Reply With Quote
taufiq Male
The Extra Lazy Anchor

#3 Old 27-10-2003 Default

Sometimes its good,
but most of the time,
people use it for the wrong purpose.
taufiq is offline   Reply With Quote
masterof_none
Administrator
Administrator

#4 Old 28-10-2003 Default

our goal at ReCom here is to provide a forum for constructive discussions.
Our goal is to make friends, not making enemies.
I can;t see why we should hide our identity while expressing our views.
If we hide our name simply to 'hit and run', that's even worse.
So, with that reasoning , I think it's better for us to stick with the current policy.
But we may change it in the future, it depends.
masterof_none is offline   Reply With Quote
Thirdshifter
Super Moderator
Forum Moderator

#5 Old 28-10-2003 Default

I could agree with your arguement about abusing this feature.. but then again the post can always be deleted if it seems un-appropriate.

Most new users would more likely to join the Discussion here if it was allowed. It's a great tool. I think the pro beat the con by a long shot.
Thirdshifter is offline   Reply With Quote
masterof_none
Administrator
Administrator

#6 Old 28-10-2003 Default

I would like to say thanks for your idea. Indeed, we strongly encourage people to post.

We'll think about it and will come up with the solution, this weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thirdshifter
Most new users would more likely to join the Discussion here if it was allowed. It's a great tool. I think the pro beat the con by a long shot.
Yes, and we welcome their participation by joining the network. It's also a great network . (over 330 members now)
masterof_none is offline   Reply With Quote
littlebigone Male
Slightly Senior Member

#7 Old 29-10-2003 Default

just want to say that I agree with thirdshifter. You could give it a try. Also, what do you think of sending maybe weekly emails to members telling them of things that are going on? I feel like the only problem with this is that it might make people feel like you're spamming them.

But then, this suggestion i think will help people who are not so computer inclined to be involved. It is a little reminder as well as it provides a link in the email to come to recom. That way, they;'re constantly in contact with recom. As of now, I think it's a case of out of sight out of mind.

Maybe the best way would be to send an email to everyone letting them know of this new feature and if they don't want to recieve emails they have to click on some box or some option?

Just another opinion
littlebigone is offline   Reply With Quote
chenchow Male
ReComer
Administrator

#8 Old 30-10-2003 Default

Agree with littlebigone about the email reminder...it should not be frequent, but it should be there, to remind of new feature etc. May be send one to each member (unless they opt not to receive) once every fortnight or so. Give a statistic of number of articles posted, number of new members etc..
chenchow is offline   Reply With Quote
Diesel

#9 Old 31-10-2003 Default

Yeah, anonymity is crucial here. especially when it comes to talk about politics. you know why rite?
so please, make anonymous posting possible.
Diesel is offline   Reply With Quote
qedx
Slightly Senior Member

#10 Old 31-10-2003 Default

no actually i don't.
qedx is offline   Reply With Quote