ReCom.org
Meet the Moderators Get to know your moderators here.

Questions to Chen Chow

chenchow Male
ReComer
Administrator

#1 Old 24-03-2008 Default Questions to Chen Chow

Hi all,

Thanks to everyone for supporting ReCom.org . Without everyone's support, ReCom would not be where it is today. It is fascinating to see how ReCom.org grows over the past 5 years. Yes! ReCom is officially 59 months today. So, 1 more month to go, before ReCom.org celebrates its 5 years' anniversary.

I would always hope that fellow ReComers would come ReCom not just to seek for help, but also to help others. It is a place, where many of us are addicted to, and come by all the time.

Feel free to use this thread to contact me, or use private message or email me at chenchow via gmail.

Enjoy in ReCom.org!
chenchow is offline   Reply With Quote
chiachean Male
Slightly Senior Member

#2 Old 24-03-2008 Default

Haha, I am 1 of the Recom.org addicts.. No cure for it?
chiachean is offline   Reply With Quote
vseehua
The Student
Administrator

#3 Old 25-03-2008 Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiachean View Post
Haha, I am 1 of the Recom.org addicts.. No cure for it?
*flames chiachean until he so sick of ReCom that he decides to leave it forever*

It is always good to be naive, for when we cease to be naive, it is the end of life as we know it!

Check out our ReCom wiki!
Do contribute by writing or editing the existing articles so that everyone now and in the future can benefit from it!
vseehua is offline   Reply With Quote
Xon
lazy bunny
Administrator

#4 Old 29-03-2008 Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vseehua View Post
*flames chiachean until he so sick of ReCom that he decides to leave it forever*
too violent,but i second your suggestion. Xp

ummm,Chenchow,what keep you moving on all this while? you seem to participate in alot social events and so on? what is your motto? any life experience to share which makes you so proactive? what is your living principles? mind intro yourself more?

Federation of Malaysia is formed by Sarawak, North Borneo, Malaya (and Singapore) by 16 Sept 1963. It has nothing to do with 31 Aug 1957. Just saying.
Xon is offline   Reply With Quote
chenchow Male
ReComer
Administrator

#5 Old 05-04-2008 Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xon View Post

ummm,Chenchow,what keep you moving on all this while? you seem to participate in alot social events and so on? what is your motto? any life experience to share which makes you so proactive? what is your living principles? mind intro yourself more?
Sorry for my late reply. I would say that I want to see improvement in Malaysia, hopefully to improve the education quality and perhaps other aspects that I have ability to change a little.

That's why I hope to maybe link people around, share opportunities where people can find out more about themselves, people can learn more and share more etc. That's the principle that I have been using when I am in ReCom, as well as elsewhere, including my personal blog here

On myself.

I was from Nibong Tebal, or rather I was born at Permatang Tok Mahat, at the Penang-Perak border.

My primary 1 was in SJK(C) Sin Hwa in Parit Buntar, Perak, and then I went to SJK(C) Pai Teik in Nibong Tebal, Penang for my remaining primary school years. For secondary school, I went to Jit Sin High School, Bukit Mertajam, Penang.

I took my SPM in 1999, and then I went to Raffles Junior College, Singapore under ASEAN Scholarship. After which I got JPA Scholarship and came back to do ADFP at Universiti Technologi MARA.

In 2001, I went to Cornell University for my bachelor's degree. Came back to work in Malaysia in 2005.

Hope that everyone has a good time at ReCom.org!
chenchow is offline   Reply With Quote
chiachean Male
Slightly Senior Member

#6 Old 06-04-2008 Default

Someone said you wanna be a politician, is that true?
chiachean is offline   Reply With Quote
Caprio

#7 Old 11-04-2008 Default

Reading from the posts above, I get to know that you were a JPA scholar. However, currently you are working in Accenture instead of serving the government. As far as I know, Accenture is a multinasional company. I thought that every JPA need to serve the government for some time since there is a bond attachment to the scholarship. May I know that why you are exempted from serving the government?

Just to gratify my curiousity here. Hope that my question here is not too personal.
Caprio is offline   Reply With Quote
capablanca Male
Laziest
Forum Moderator

#8 Old 11-04-2008 Default

Err, no. The condition the scholarship impose is that you must work in Malaysia, not the government. Since chenchow is based in Malaysia although he is working for Accenture, he still abide by the contract.
The Student
Administrator

#9 Old 11-04-2008 Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by capablanca View Post
Err, no. The condition the scholarship impose is that you must work in Malaysia, not the government. Since chenchow is based in Malaysia although he is working for Accenture, he still abide by the contract.
The contract states that we are to be government servants after the end of our studies...

It is always good to be naive, for when we cease to be naive, it is the end of life as we know it!

Check out our ReCom wiki!
Do contribute by writing or editing the existing articles so that everyone now and in the future can benefit from it!
vseehua is offline   Reply With Quote
capablanca Male
Laziest
Forum Moderator

#10 Old 11-04-2008 Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vseehua View Post
The contract states that we are to be government servants after the end of our studies...
Really? My mistake then.