Dear darling readers and fans,
ReMag is recruiting again [yes, it IS that time of the year already!], and this time we are looking to welcome five to six
bright young writers to join our dynamic family.
If you are passionate about writing and enthusiastic about sharing your thoughts and ideas to a readership who values curiosity, intellectual thought and a healthy exchange of ideas, ReMag wants YOU!
You are welcome to write about any topic under the sun - politics, philosophy, social issues, human rights, history, frugal living tips, anything really!
We are also interested in applicants who might want to write monthly columns on certain issues, such as education [scholarships, etc]
, restaurant/food reviews
, sports/political commentary
and maybe even student budget shopping
if you fancy! Our highest priority will be given to education columnists
, but feel free to suggest something else.
What will I be doing?
1. Your chief responsibility will be to produce one article per month
2. You may, in addition, be expected to help out with other organisational matters in the team.
3. You are also welcome to volunteer to be part of the proofreading team, which reviews all articles before they are published.
How do I apply?
Simply send an e-mail to
with the following:
1. Your ReCom username*
2. A little bit about yourself [just a brief introduction would do!]
3. Any other information that you feel is relevant to your application [what sort of articles/pieces you would prefer to write, if you are interested in writing a column, if you'd also like to help with proofreading, etc]
4. A sample of your writing [see below]
*This requirement only applies if you have an existing ReCom account; if you do not, this will not prejudice your application in any way.
What sort of articles/pieces should I submit?
Your pieces should ideally be kept below 1500 words. [We're not too mean about this though, so don't worry if you go a bit over the limit!]
You can either submit something you have already written OR if you are feeling particularly adventurous, you may attempt to write something on the following topics:
1. Your predictions for the next general election.
2. "No degree no job." Discuss.
3. National schools vs private schools.
4. A bird in hand is worth two in the bush. Discuss.
5. That's what she said!
Applications close on the 15th of January 2013
. Selected applicants will be placed on a three-month probation period.
Extensions of the deadline may be requested. Feel free to post in this topic if you have any questions. Good luck!
Chief Editor of ReMag.