ReCom.org
Portal Page Forum Wiki Social Groups Scholarship Holders Infobase Site Map About
Go Back   ReCom.org > Forum > ReCom Cafe > Education > Scholarships

Scholarships A place to find out about scholarships available for Malaysians

Scholarship FAQ (JPA, Petronas, BNM, MARA, ASEAN..) - Part 2

Closed Thread

khor_albert
Anchors

#1 Old 28-11-2005 Default Scholarship FAQ (JPA, Petronas, BNM, MARA, ASEAN..) - Part 2

Searching through 276 pages or so can be quite time-consuming to obtain the wanted information on scholarships. Besides, some of the information maybe outdated and irrelevant anymore.

This will basically be the continuation of the first part. All enquiries on scholarship for 2006 intake should be posted here.

More and more ReComers including myself have benefited from this website and we believe in the power of sharing. Therefore, all ReComers under scholarship are invited to answer some of the enquiries and others are often welcome to provide some comments.

Before that, I will just like to kickstart by listing some of the very popular scholarships available:

JPA - Jabatan Perkhidmatan Awam
PET - Petronas (also including MISC if applicable)
BNM - Bank Negara Malaysia
MARA - Majlis Amanah Rakyat Malaysia
ASEAN - ASEAN Scholarship
TEL - Telekom Scholarship
THS - The Star Education Fund
SEC - Securities Commission
TEN - Tenaga Nasional
JPG - Japanese Government (Monbukagakusho)
SMD - Yayasan Sime Darby

All Form 5 students finishing their studies in 2005 will find this forum useful. However, we also invite questions from younger students or Pre-U and even university students. Do take note that spoonfeeding is not the tradition of ReCom.

Looking forward to helping more deserving students to secure their dream scholarship.
ReComer
Administrator

#2 Old 29-11-2005 Default

Thanks khor_albert for initiating this thread. Really hope that fellow ReComers can come and post questions here, and I really hope those who have experience to share, please try and help other fellow ReComers.

Please spread the words about ReCom and lets build up the network of ReCom.

For those who want to browse through what has been discussed last year on various scholarships, please check out
This Scholarship Link

This thread would be brought up to replace the current position of scholarship thread.
The Following User Says Thank You to chenchow For This Useful Post:
Tasslehoff

#3 Old 30-11-2005 Default

I do suggest that hotlinks to some old posts (that are still relevant.. esp some tips and lookouts) should be in place, so that anyone reading this topic will find it easier to look for help and at the same time, reduces redundancy..
lyzzy

#4 Old 30-11-2005 Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasslehoff
I do suggest that hotlinks to some old posts (that are still relevant.. esp some tips and lookouts) should be in place, so that anyone reading this topic will find it easier to look for help and at the same time, reduces redundancy..
Well .... this means that the albert or chen chow has to go through the entire 277 pages of the old topic.... , and search for old posts link them here.

- in other words, spoonfeeding

Recom has a search function... and imho people looking for help could use it.
deaf-knee

#5 Old 30-11-2005 Default

I found this while blog surfing.

http://tinkosong.blogspot.com/

You guys might find it useful.
ReComer
Administrator

#6 Old 30-11-2005 Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyzzy
Quote:
Well .... this means that the albert or chen chow has to go through the entire 277 pages of the old topic.... , and search for old posts link them here.

If any of you find anything relevant tips from the old thread, just reference it here... So, we would leverage on the power of ReComers network to get it done!
Tasslehoff

#7 Old 30-11-2005 Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyzzy
Quote:

hmm.. i wasnt thinking of albert or chen chow alone, was thinking about it being a recom community thing where everyone SHOULD help out. just like chenchow said
chenchow Male
ReComer
Administrator

#8 Old 30-11-2005 Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by deaf-knee
I found this while blog surfing.

http://tinkosong.blogspot.com/

You guys might find it useful.
Tinkosong is started by a number of fellow ReComers, Nick, Joyce and Eng Han.

It would be a good way for ReCom and tinkosong to really leverage on each other's strength.

I would see tinkosong as a repository of information on various scholarship information, especially, I would look at it as a FAQ, where the information is posted by those with specific detailed information on specific scholarships.

Whereas ReCom would be a more forum-based discussion, Q&As on various scholarships. It would be more suited for those questions that you hope to get replies from diverse ReComers at a very fast pace response rate.
jonnyl Male
Less Junior Member

#9 Old 01-12-2005 Default

Hmmm how come we can't jump to pages, as in the case of the Scholarship Thread. Is it possible to go to a desired page just by typing it's number? I see no such feature though.

Not I but Christ who lives in me
chenchow Male
ReComer
Administrator

#10 Old 01-12-2005 Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnyl
Hmmm how come we can't jump to pages, as in the case of the Scholarship Thread. Is it possible to go to a desired page just by typing it's number? I see no such feature though.
As the previous scholarship thread is too long (277 pages), we are starting this new thread for questions to be asked. The link to the old scholarship thread is linked in the earlier post of me in this thread. Just scroll up to click at the link.

This is a new thread, and hence it is still in the 1st page currently.

Please feel free to post any question here.
Closed Thread