ReCom.org
Meet the Moderators Get to know your moderators here.

Coffee With Glassy

Glassylicious Female
The Iron Fist
Chief Editor of ReMag
Administrator

#1 Old 13-03-2010 Default Coffee With Glassy

Have you ever wanted to ask Glassy a completely random question? Her favourite type of candy? What song she currently has running through her head? How she manages to work 39 hours a day? The type of guys she digs? How she manages to make her own meals in a kitchen without completely obliterating it despite the many mishaps that inevitably happen?

Well, now you can! Ask me anything! Well, almost. Teehee.

I'm also here if you're just looking for a casual, informal chat. =) Or if you want to throw a shoe at me for my overly long rant-ish posts that I have been known to make. Anything goes here!

*hands out free coffees to everyone who drops by*

Legal disclaimer: Warning! Coffee is hot!

Friend: "I've discovered something that's even better than sitting on a chair and spinning on it -- sitting on a chair BACKWARDS and spinning on it!" *spins around in glee*

Compliment yourself today!
Glassylicious is offline   Reply With Quote
star90 Female

#2 Old 13-03-2010 Default Re: Coffee With Glassy

well, your daily 'schedules'? perhaps, how you organize your time wisely?haha how to ensure yourself study consistently?
star90 is offline   Reply With Quote
markwongsk Male
Developer

#3 Old 13-03-2010 Default Re: Coffee With Glassy

Is this a new series lol? There was Do Not Disturb Capablanca
markwongsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Glassylicious Female
The Iron Fist
Chief Editor of ReMag
Administrator

#4 Old 14-03-2010 Default Re: Coffee With Glassy

Quote:
Originally Posted by star90 View Post
well, your daily 'schedules'? perhaps, how you organize your time wisely?haha how to ensure yourself study consistently?
This is how the workload for a week works. You get a reading list of cases and journal articles to read, and you get an essay question about this week's topic. If you don't read any of the stuff you won't be able to adequately write the essay. You need to either hand your essay in the day before a tutorial, or bring your essay to the tutorial and hand it in there. Depends on what your tutor wants. During your tutorial you discuss this week's topic with your tutor. So basically you need to do a lot of the learning yourself. This entire system hinges on you mastering and understanding all the stuff yourself; the tutorial is there to make sure you're understanding it correctly.

This is what roughly happens in a typical "relaxed" day over here:
- Wake up at 7AM; get ready for the day, eat breakfast
- Head over to the library in my college
- Work through the reading list for the week's topic until lunchtime
- Attend lectures if there are any
- Eat lunch
- Complain about my workload to anyone I happen to sit next to during lunch [fortunately it's usually my fellow lawyers]
- Do more work [reading more stuff from the reading list]
- Spontaneously get into a serious discussion with fellow lawyers about a certain controversial case, or interpretation of a statute, which usually escalates into a serious disagreement, which then usually deterioriates either into completely pointless philosophical arguments, or random object throwing at each other [this actually happens sometimes]
- Shower
- Dinner
- Back to the library for more work; more complaining to fellow lawyers in the library about how I'm doing the wrong course in the wrong university
- Go back to my room
- Watch an episode of Gordon Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares [current celebrity crush]
- Bedtime at 11 or 12

This is what roughly happens in a typical "rushed" day over here [one day before, or the day of an essay deadline/tutorial]:
- Stumble out of bed at 6-ish AM, clocking in at only 4 to 5 hours of sleep the night before
- Haphazard breakfast of cereal and fruit and almost stab out my sleep-deprived eyes while trying to put my contact lenses in

Okay, at this point there are two possible paths the day could take.
(a) If I haven't started writing my essay for the upcoming tutorial
- Squeeze in some more frantic last minute reading in the library
- Wail to fellow lawyers in the library about how I don't understand this week's topic and how I'm never going to get the essay finished in time
- Start writing essay in the late afternoon/evening, and finish around 8 hours later
- Collapse in bed

(b) If I have finished the essay [by the time this happens it will usually be tutorial day!]
- Print out my essay
- Grab a coffee to sustain my poor sleep-deprived soul
- Complain to fellow lawyers in the library about how my essay this week is crap
- Realize I will be running late for my tutorial if I don't stop complaining and get a move on
- Weave around flocks of tourists [we get way too many of them this time of the year] with my tutorial partner, in a mad rush to get to my tutor's college. Some last minute discussion on this week's topic usually happens at this point, but it usually needs to be shouted out back and forth since the street is so noisy. Tourists must think we're mad.
- Burst right into my tutor's office, adrenaline rushing and caffeine-high, sit down and immediately start criticizing the points of view of various academics [this is the only reason why I tolerate Jurisprudence AKA Legal Philosophy classes; you get to tell everyone that they're wrong]
- Tute over, collapse in bed for a nap, back to the library to start work on next week's topic.

-----

Sometime during the day I might squeeze in a bit of relaxation time here and there. Maybe.

As to your questions of organizing time and studying consistently. Well, the best advice I have to give is that you need to focus. If you focus, you get work done very efficiently. Discipline is the key here. There is time for work, and there is time for play.

You also need to be passionate about the stuff you're doing. Your passion will be the drive that keeps you going. If you don't like something, try to change your mindset so you'd like it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by markwongsk View Post
Is this a new series lol? There was Do Not Disturb Capablanca
Oh indeed. It appears that the talkshow business is booming in Recom right now. It wouldn't make good business sense to let this golden opportunity pass!

Friend: "I've discovered something that's even better than sitting on a chair and spinning on it -- sitting on a chair BACKWARDS and spinning on it!" *spins around in glee*

Last edited by Glassylicious; 14-03-2010 at 12:30 AM.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Glassylicious For This Useful Post:
budakkerek Female
UndercoverKitty

#5 Old 14-03-2010 Default Re: Coffee With Glassy

haha i love ur post! sounds like my day,

"Bear this pain we will until united finally we become." - KJPoyer, 2008.
budakkerek is offline   Reply With Quote
vseehua
The Student
Administrator

#6 Old 14-03-2010 Default Re: Coffee With Glassy

Hmm... i think we need "like" buttons to tell people that we like the post

It is always good to be naive, for when we cease to be naive, it is the end of life as we know it!

Check out our ReCom wiki!
Do contribute by writing or editing the existing articles so that everyone now and in the future can benefit from it!
vseehua is offline   Reply With Quote
Glassylicious Female
The Iron Fist
Chief Editor of ReMag
Administrator

#7 Old 14-03-2010 Default Re: Coffee With Glassy

Quote:
Originally Posted by budakkerek View Post
haha i love ur post! sounds like my day,
On a completely unrelated note I'd like to say WELCOME BACK to Recom. =) I wasn't around when you were active the first time round, but I've stumbled across your old posts a few times now, and I do quite enjoy/like them.

Anyway, I do hope that you stick around for a bit. We can never have too many people with a great sense of humor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vseehua View Post
Hmm... i think we need "like" buttons to tell people that we like the post
To a certain extent I guess here in Recom we kinda utilize the Thanks function in that way. >_>

vseehua
The Student
Administrator

#8 Old 14-03-2010 Default Re: Coffee With Glassy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glassylicious View Post
Anyway, I do hope that you stick around for a bit. We can never have too many people with a great sense of humor!
seconded!
Quote:
To a certain extent I guess here in Recom we kinda utilize the Thanks function in that way. >_>
Then again, thanking and liking aren't the same thing

It is always good to be naive, for when we cease to be naive, it is the end of life as we know it!

Do contribute by writing or editing the existing articles so that everyone now and in the future can benefit from it!
Xon
lazy bunny
Administrator

#9 Old 14-03-2010 Default Re: Coffee With Glassy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glassylicious View Post
Sometimes, I myself did that.

A "like" button must compliment with a "dislike" button. =.="

Federation of Malaysia is formed by Sarawak, North Borneo, Malaya (and Singapore) by 16 Sept 1963. It has nothing to do with 31 Aug 1957. Just saying.
Xon is offline   Reply With Quote
vseehua
The Student
Administrator

#10 Old 14-03-2010 Default Re: Coffee With Glassy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xon View Post
Sometimes, I myself did that.

A "like" button must compliment with a "dislike" button. =.="
Something like this