ReCom.org
Portal Page Forum Wiki Social Groups Scholarship Holders Infobase Site Map About
Go Back   ReCom.org > Forum > ReCom Cafe > Education > Scholarships

Scholarships A place to find out about scholarships available for Malaysians

ExxonMobil Scholarships - Deadline: 10 March 2012 - SPM '10 & '11 Students

kaze
Less Junior Member

#1 Old 27-02-2012 Default ExxonMobil Scholarships - Deadline: 10 March 2012 - SPM '10 & '11 Students

ExxonMobil Scholarship Announcement
2010 & 2011 SPM Students
ExxonMobil Special Internship
(Full Undergraduate Scholarships)
to Study Engineering in the USA

ExxonMobil Exploration and Production of Malaysia has opened their special internship application process. The special internship program (full undergraduate scholarships) is targeted for students who took the 2010 SPM test or 2011 SPM test and would like to study engineering in the United States of America. What a great opportunity.

Please spread the word about this special internship opportunity by posting this announcement on your Facebook page, by email to your friends and family members (please ask them to spread the word too), by notifying appropriate teachers and staff in your high school, etc.

The special internship application deadline is Saturday, March 10, 2012 with shortlisted candidates scheduled to be interviewed on Saturday, March 17, 2012.

View www.exxonmobil.com/careers/my and follow the instructions below (please note, the website may not reflect the fact that 2010 SPM test takers are able to apply; it will be soon, so but don't delay in applying):
  • Click on the "Click to Apply" link - see the left hand column;
  • Click on the "Search openings" link;
  • Click on the "Search" link at the bottom of the page - please DO NOT make any selections on the page;
  • Click on the "ExxonMobil Special Internship Program... " link; and,
  • Read the instructions and submit the required documents using ExxonMobil's "Apply to job" system (you really are applying for a scholarship).
SPECIAL NOTE: When completing the online application you will come to the "Current or Most Recent University/School Information" section. When you do, please respond as follows:
  • Ignore (leave blank) all inquiries NOT beginning with an "*" (a total of three inquiries - the first two inquiries and the 4th inquiry);
  • Under the "*Select your degree in progress..." inquiry: Respond with the drop down menu: None.
  • Under the "*Select your current or most recent..." inquiry: Respond with the drop down menu: None.
  • Under the "*Indicate your grades..." inquiry: Respond with the drop down menu: Other.
  • Under the "*Indicate the date you began..." inquiry: Respond with the drop down menus: 15 August 2012 (3 fields)
  • Under the "*Indicate the date you will complete..." inquiry: Respond with the drop down menus: 15 May 2016 (3 fields)
  • Under the "*Do you have any additional univ..." inquiry: Respond with the radio button menu: No.
If you have any questions about this special internship opportunity or application problems, please send an email to (subject line: 2012 Special Internship Opportunity Inquiry):

[email address]

I thank you for spreading the word and your time.

Last edited by kaze; 01-03-2012 at 08:15 AM. Reason: updated info
kaze is offline   Reply With Quote
plawks

#2 Old 26-02-2012 Default Re: ExxonMobil Scholarships -- Pls Spread the Word

Only for SPM leavers. *sigh*
plawks is offline   Reply With Quote
kaze
Less Junior Member

#3 Old 26-02-2012 Default Re: ExxonMobil Scholarships -- Pls Spread the Word

Quote:
Originally Posted by plawks View Post
Only for SPM leavers. *sigh*
If there's enough outstanding applicants this year, they might continue with such scholarship in the future too.

The dateline is really tight, I really hope that each of you could spread the word. Not many people are aware of this amazing opportunity.
Less Junior Member

#4 Old 29-02-2012 Default Re: ExxonMobil Scholarships -- Pls Spread the Word

Attention: There's an update. They are opening the opportunity to 2011 SPM students AND 2010 SPM students.

Feel free to PM me if you have questions. And please note that this is a scholarship, not a job application (despite the fact that they use their job portal for the online application).

Last edited by kaze; 29-02-2012 at 08:16 PM. Reason: deleted original post and merged with the opening post
kaze is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to kaze For This Useful Post:
plawks

#5 Old 29-02-2012 Default Re: ExxonMobil Scholarships -- Pls Spread the Word

OMG I think they did this because I contacted them to ask for my eligibility. They said that I'd be included in the pool of candidates. Thank goodness.

For any queries you guys can email:
sukiman.mohamed[at]exxonmobil.com
sofia.razli[at]exxonmobil.com

They have confirmed my eligibility and guided my application.
plawks is offline   Reply With Quote
kaze
Less Junior Member

#6 Old 29-02-2012 Default Re: ExxonMobil Scholarships -- Pls Spread the Word

Quote:
Originally Posted by plawks View Post
OMG I think they did this because I contacted them to ask for my eligibility. They said that I'd be included in the pool of candidates. Thank goodness.

For any queries you guys can email:
sukiman.mohamed[at]exxonmobil.com
sofia.razli[at]exxonmobil.com

They have confirmed my eligibility and guided my application.
So that's how you type in email address in Recom Thanks.
And wishing you all the best.
monkey88
Super Junior Member

#7 Old 29-02-2012 Smile Re: ExxonMobil Scholarships -- Pls Spread the Word

hey there....thanks alot for posting this thread...btw,what should we include in our resume/cv? certificates,results,personal info's,family background,and what else...?And family background is needed? need help pls... thanks in advance ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaze View Post
Attention: There's an update. They are opening the opportunity to 2011 SPM students AND 2010 SPM students.

Feel free to PM me if you have questions. And please note that this is a scholarship, not a job application (despite the fact that they use their job portal for the online application).

---

ExxonMobil Scholarship Announcement
2010 & 2011 SPM Students
ExxonMobil Special Internship
(Full Undergraduate Scholarships)
to Study Engineering in the USA

ExxonMobil Exploration and Production of Malaysia has opened their special internship application process. The special internship program (full undergraduate scholarships) is targeted for students who took the 2010 SPM test or 2011 SPM test and would like to study engineering in the United States of America. What a great opportunity.

Please spread the word about this special internship opportunity by posting this announcement on your Facebook page, by email to your friends and family members (please ask them to spread the word too), by notifying appropriate teachers and staff in your high school, etc.

The special internship application deadline is Saturday, March 10, 2012 with shortlisted candidates scheduled to be interviewed on Saturday, March 17, 2012.

View www.exxonmobil.com/careers/my and follow the instructions below (please note, the website may not reflect the fact that 2010 SPM test takers are able to apply; it will be soon, so but don't delay in applying):
  • Click on the "Click to Apply" link - see the left hand column;
  • Click on the "Search openings" link;
  • Click on the "Search" link at the bottom of the page - please DO NOT make any selections on the page;
  • Click on the "ExxonMobil Special Internship Program... " link; and,
  • Read the instructions and submit the required documents using ExxonMobil's "Apply to job" system (you really are applying for a scholarship).
SPECIAL NOTE: When completing the online application you will come to the "Current or Most Recent University/School Information" section. When you do, please respond as follows:
  • Ignore (leave blank) all inquiries NOT beginning with an "*" (a total of three inquiries - the first two inquiries and the 4th inquiry);
  • Under the "*Select your degree in progress..." inquiry: Respond with the drop down menu: None.
  • Under the "*Select your current or most recent..." inquiry: Respond with the drop down menu: None.
  • Under the "*Indicate your grades..." inquiry: Respond with the drop down menu: Other.
  • Under the "*Indicate the date you began..." inquiry: Respond with the drop down menus: 15 August 2012 (3 fields)
  • Under the "*Indicate the date you will complete..." inquiry: Respond with the drop down menus: 15 May 2016 (3 fields)
  • Under the "*Do you have any additional univ..." inquiry: Respond with the radio button menu: No.
If you have any questions about this special internship opportunity or application problems, please send an email to (subject line: 2012 Special Internship Opportunity Inquiry):

[email address]

I thank you for spreading the word and your time.
monkey88 is offline   Reply With Quote
kaze
Less Junior Member

#8 Old 29-02-2012 Default Re: ExxonMobil Scholarships -- Pls Spread the Word

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey88 View Post
hey there....thanks alot for posting this thread...btw,what should we include in our resume/cv? certificates,results,personal info's,family background,and what else...?And family background is needed? need help pls... thanks in advance ....
I think you don't need to include family background. Maybe you can consider including any contest/projects/events which demonstrate your leadership/prblem solving skill?
Guinevere
Super Junior Member

#9 Old 29-02-2012 Default Re: ExxonMobil Scholarships -- Pls Spread the Word

Do anyone here know how to do a cover letter? Thanks in advance.
Guinevere is offline   Reply With Quote
monkey88
Super Junior Member

#10 Old 01-03-2012 Default Re: ExxonMobil Scholarships -- Pls Spread the Word

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaze View Post
I think you don't need to include family background. Maybe you can consider including any contest/projects/events which demonstrate your leadership/prblem solving skill?
oh..okay...thanks alot for your help!!
monkey88 is offline   Reply With Quote